Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,579 members, 7,816,428 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:06 AM

Meet Child Star Alexa Vega- Carmen Cortez Of Spy Kids - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Meet Child Star Alexa Vega- Carmen Cortez Of Spy Kids (4613 Views)

Nollywood Child Star Actor Looks Almost Unrecognizable 15 Years After (photos) / Child Star Benita Okojie All Grown And Really Pretty In New Photos / Child Star, Benita Okojie All Grown [PICS] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet Child Star Alexa Vega- Carmen Cortez Of Spy Kids by Shalomdee(f): 11:27pm On Oct 22, 2015
Alexa Ellesse PenaVega was born August 27, 1988. She is an American actress and singer. She is known for her role as Carmen Cortez in the Spy kids film series and Shilo Wallace in the film Repo! The Genetic Opera (2008). She has starred in several other movies and shows such as the ABC Family series.

There are so many things I love about this young woman. She is very talented and creative. Apart from doing her own stunts in the Spy Kids series, she also wrote songs for the three of the movies; Spy Kids 2: Island of Lost Dreams, Spy Kids 3: Game Over and Spy Kids 4: All The Time In The World. An amazing actress, her spy character in the movies inspired many kids to want to be super spies, including myself. Yep! After I watched Spy Kids 1&2, I promised myself I would be a spy when I grew up. I even nicknamed myself Spy 7, some of you who knew me back then with that monicker could testify. What happened to that dream, you will know as time goes on. Vega is a Christian. Vega says her faith is the most important thing in her life. Vega enjoys freshwater fishing, can speak Spanish fluently, and is an experienced gymnast.

Alexa Vega was born in Miami, USA but spent the first four years of her life on a ranch in Ocala, Florida. Her father is Colombian and her mother, Gina Rue, was an American model. She moved with her family to California when she was four years old.

She started her acting career In 1996, Vega starred as young Jo Harding in Twister. She guest-starred in numerous television shows and films, including ER (TV series) Follow the Stars Home, Ghost Whisperer, and The Bernie Mac Show. She became famous worldwide in 2001 for her role as Carmen Cortez in Spy Kids The first film was a huge success, and subsequently released three sequels, in which she performed most of her own stunts. One of her quotes which I love are: “What would you do without me?” (to Juni).

She was named one of the hottest teen celebrities in the July 2003 issue Vanity Fair.
On August 27, 2015, Vega was announced as one of the celebrities who will compete on the21st season of Dancing with the Stars. Her husband, Carlos PenaVega was also announced as one of the contestants who will compete against her on the show and will be dancing with professional dancer Mark Ballas.

She recorded three songs for the soundtracks while playing Carmen Cortez in the Spy Kids films and also recorded songs for the movie Repo! The Genetic Opera. Vega sang the song Christmas is the Time to Say I Love You in the ABC Family film Santa Baby 2: Christmas Maybe.

She is married to Carlos Pena from Mexico, and they changed their surname to PenaVega.
Source http://www.passionconnector..com.ng/2015/10/meet-child-star-alexa-vega-carmen-cortez.html#more

Re: Meet Child Star Alexa Vega- Carmen Cortez Of Spy Kids by lordcyl3(m): 6:52am On Oct 23, 2015
wow, she's now a big lady
Re: Meet Child Star Alexa Vega- Carmen Cortez Of Spy Kids by Shalomdee(f): 9:01pm On Oct 23, 2015
lordcyl3:
wow, she's now a big lady
Yep

(1) (Reply)

Legendary Nollywood Actor Sick / Iya Gbonkan: The Most Scary Gorgon In The Horrific World Of Nollywood / See The 21 Years Old Boy Who Already Has 7 Kids

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.