Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,333 members, 7,819,143 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:54 AM

Is It Possible To Avoid Cotonou Car Getting Seized By Customs? - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Is It Possible To Avoid Cotonou Car Getting Seized By Customs? (1144 Views)

Cheap Cotonou Car/suv Delivered To Nigeria By Hassan See Pictures / ** / Tokunbo Cars In Cotonou Car Market Is Advantageous Compared To Nigeria,buy Yours (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Possible To Avoid Cotonou Car Getting Seized By Customs? by promise72(m): 12:06am On May 04, 2009
With the rampant, indiscriminate and unpredictable ways that vehicles already in Nigeria can be stopped and siezed by customs (Kinda Scary shocked )

I want to know if there's a way that vehicles from Cotonou (Lets say 1997/1998) can avoid not getting seized when its already on Nigeria soil?

From my understanding, its not uncommon to have vehicles that are already in use (in Nigeria) for 3-5years to have customs require proof of Customs papers otherwise it get seized. cry

Any way to avoid this or you just have to play ur luck? undecided
Re: Is It Possible To Avoid Cotonou Car Getting Seized By Customs? by showbobo(m): 12:24am On May 04, 2009
Its very simple. . . . Get a nice bottle of wine and some change in an evelope,take it one of their top boss and have him sign at the back of your car particulars and attach his complimentary card as well. . . . so anytime u're stopped by the junior ones at checkpoints just show them the endorsement by their boss. . . . It works!!! and precisely any car that is registered and has stayed up to 90days on Naija'a soil would never be seized by any customs for duty
Re: Is It Possible To Avoid Cotonou Car Getting Seized By Customs? by oranges(m): 8:56am On May 04, 2009
@ Showbobo, FARIDA WAZIRI most hear this ohhh!!!!!! angry angry angry angry
Re: Is It Possible To Avoid Cotonou Car Getting Seized By Customs? by Honda29: 12:03am On May 06, 2009
Customs guys are aware that banned cars do get flown (illegally moved) into Nigeria you know. Whoever decide to go that route should be ready for the prospect of having their cars seized. Is it not possible for us to comply with our laws in the conduct of our businesses and still make money? Shouldnt we make our society a bit orderly by complying with laid down rules and regulation, even if such rules and regulations are not beneficial to us as individuals, provided they are good for our country? Sorry for the preaching oh!!!
Re: Is It Possible To Avoid Cotonou Car Getting Seized By Customs? by larryshow4(m): 8:18am On May 06, 2009
i hope you all are aware of the fact that the law about car siezure has been retified. Duty cars that duty are not paid for can stay on nigeria soil and when they eventually get your car siezed. they would rather ask you to go and pay duty immediately rather than having it seized. and if its not a duty car and has stayed more than 3months in nigeria. but if you want to pay duty for it. you can still do that.
Re: Is It Possible To Avoid Cotonou Car Getting Seized By Customs? by ayodeji1(m): 9:03am On May 10, 2009
check most of these custom officers and police that harrases people,what kind of car are they driving?and what kind of car do they buy for their wives and kids?most of them buy from cotonou as well and dont pay duty.although,this isnt enough reason for you also to do that,but it tells you that they themselves know that not every nigerian can afford a brand new car or pay duty for cars bought from cotonou.it now depends on your personal reaction to them when they stop you.some people are fond of being rude to them which is bad.diplomacy should be utilised in this kind of situation.
BUT FOR THOSE SEEKING GENUINE CUSTOM PAPERS FOR THEIR VEHICLES TO AVOID THIS,I HAVE A GOOD SOLUTION FOR YOU.YOU CAN MAIL ME ON okulajadeji@yahoo.com or call me on 08058054334.im sure you will be glad you did.

(1) (Reply)

2007 Nissan Murano (stay Tune) / Very Nice 04 Honda Eod 4grabs @ Cheap Price Banix N1.280k 08035376690 / Clean Register Golf3 For Sale N470k[auto Drive] 08023055599

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.