Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,898 members, 7,828,164 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:09 AM

Facts You Don’t Know About Food Science And Technology Course! - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Facts You Don’t Know About Food Science And Technology Course! (1398 Views)

‘Same’ Things That Most People Don’t Know Are Actually Different / 12 Things That Happen During Every Maths Exam (when You Don’t Know Maths) / Shalom Science And Technology Academy Nears Completion (pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Facts You Don’t Know About Food Science And Technology Course! by Nobody: 7:27pm On Oct 23, 2015
Are you looking to apply for Food Science and Technology? And you are wondering what it is all about? Well, read the following in dept post on Food Technology! Food Science and Technology is a coherent and systematic body of knowledge and understanding of the nature and composition of food products, through processing and distribution.
This course draws from many disciplines such as Microbiology, Chemical Engineering, Biochemistry, nutrition and Agriculture in an attempt to better understand food processes and ultimately improve food production. FUNCTIONS OF A FOOD TECHNOLOGIST A Food Technologist must be able to perform the FFL: – Ensuring the safety of foods, such that, good hygienic condition is ensured during, processing, storage and packaging of food products. – Check the basic raw material being processed the food for nutritional value, safety and quality. – Undertake the basic and applied research into the aspect of food processing, food quality, food deterioration. AREAS TO WORK AS A FOOD TECHNOLOGIST – Food technologists can work in the food industry as quality control officer/manager or quality assurance officer/manager. – In hospitals, as a nutritionist, prescribing diet intake for breast feeding mothers, children and other patients. – In tertiary institutions, as Lecturers and or Lab scientists. – In Pharmaceutical companies, as quality control officer/manager, to ascertain the safety of people about food and drugs. – With health agencies or bodies dealing with safety of food products such as, NAFDAC, SON, NDLEA, FAO, UNICEF, Federal Ministry of Health. – As a technologist in some research laboratories, for testing and examining food samples, monitoring the use of chemical additives and preservatives, and ensuring that stringent food safety standards are met. The acronym for the body of food technologists in Nigeria is NIFST (NIGERIA INSTITUTE OF FOOD SCIENTISTS AND TECHNOLOGISTS)
Re: Facts You Don’t Know About Food Science And Technology Course! by SBJoji(m): 7:50pm On Oct 23, 2015
I just met a 500 level Food and Science technology student at school today,she told me similar to this. I never know of all these
Re: Facts You Don’t Know About Food Science And Technology Course! by Nobody: 8:03pm On Oct 23, 2015
SBJoji:
I just met a 500 level Food and Science technology student at school today,she told me similar to this. I never know of all these
which sch pls...
Re: Facts You Don’t Know About Food Science And Technology Course! by SBJoji(m): 4:31pm On Oct 24, 2015
honeeeybabe:
which sch pls...
Unimaid
Re: Facts You Don’t Know About Food Science And Technology Course! by Nobody: 5:31pm On Oct 25, 2015
q
Re: Facts You Don’t Know About Food Science And Technology Course! by Soumba: 9:20pm On Jun 11, 2017
Hi. I am soumba.i will start studying food science next year and i need your advice

(1) (Reply)

LASPOTECH 2018/2019 POST-UTME PAST QUESTION @ Q90CAFE / 22 Most Beautiful Universities In The World / Check Out Sankore College Ibadan Waec Result

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.