Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,020 members, 7,838,566 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 04:47 AM

Buhari Must Hold Responsible For The Bomb Blast - By Pius Adesanmi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Must Hold Responsible For The Bomb Blast - By Pius Adesanmi (909 Views)

Obi Of Onitsha Condemns Anambra Election Boycott, Insists Election Must Hold / APC: The Obstinate Journey To Shame Via London - Pius Adesanmi / The Scene Of The Bomb Blast At Muna Garage, Maiduguri (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Must Hold Responsible For The Bomb Blast - By Pius Adesanmi by abiolaoladipupo(m): 8:03pm On Oct 23, 2015
I am just hearing very distressing news about bomb blasts today. There are two reasons why President Buhari should have a very uncomfortable weekend.
1) For every bomb blast in the past, we said that the buck stopped at the desk of the occupant of the office of the President in Aso Rock Villa. That office was occupied by Goodluck Jonathan. We accepted no buts, no ifs, no excuses. We said he owned every blast. That office is still there. The villa is still there. The bombs are still going off. Our people are still being blasted in dozens. The buck still stops at the same desk. President Buhari bears responsibility. No ifs, no buts, no excuses.
2) During campaign season, President Buhari repeatedly said that not a single one of his promises - including change - was realizable in the absence of security. I agree with him. It is now time for him to let us know where we are going security-wise while accepting full responsibility for today. By now the President must have discovered that it is easy to criticize bomb blasts when they happen on another person's watch. It is his own watch now. We are dancing President Buhari's dance.
My brother, Kachi Eluigwe has been lamenting the abysmal quality of national discourse. If I were you, Nigerian, I would use the occasion of these multiple tragedies to elevate the level of discourse. We can start with security by:
1) Holding our President to account;
2) Initiating a critique of the President's security moves thus far: he appointed a hands-on Chief of Army Staff, moved the Headquarters of the anti-Boko Haram Force to Bornu, etc, traveled abroad to seek help. Are these adequate measures? Evidently, they are not. What's to be done?
One other note to President Buhari. Do not issue a routine condolence statement via Femi Adesina's Facebook Wall or Twitter page. That would be too much regurgitation of the Jonathan/Abati playbook.
Go on air tonight. Not tomorrow. Tonight.
Do it tonight. Don't stop at condolences and commiseration. Tell us in your national broadcast tonight precisely what your policy and road map to national security are. Give us insights to your administration's short term strategies to save lives from Boko Haram as well as your long term security project. Give us a security policy to debate and subject to national scrutiny.
The buck stops at your desk, President Buhari.
Condolences to the bereaved.

source: https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10153367007721715&id=602736714&refid=7&_ft_=qid.6208918355699245608%3Amf_story_key.999566666727023401%3AeligibleForSeeFirstBumping.&__tn__=%2As

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Must Hold Responsible For The Bomb Blast - By Pius Adesanmi by Descartes: 8:05pm On Oct 23, 2015
Source
Re: Buhari Must Hold Responsible For The Bomb Blast - By Pius Adesanmi by resty4(m): 8:05pm On Oct 23, 2015
Muslims r reapg what de sowed.dury goodluck de politicised BH killgs 2 clinged 2 aso rock now its payback n BH is send dya fellow muslims in mosques 2 aljanah.
No pity let dem hv a little of what xritans went thru when churches were burnt, pastors massacred b4 dya own families, brods killed n sistas abducted. Good 4 muslims feel d pitch, useless n blood pis of a religion.
Re: Buhari Must Hold Responsible For The Bomb Blast - By Pius Adesanmi by myqel(m): 8:06pm On Oct 23, 2015
Sauce or....

U know d rest
Re: Buhari Must Hold Responsible For The Bomb Blast - By Pius Adesanmi by benedictnsi(m): 8:08pm On Oct 23, 2015
Where there no bombing during GEJ administration or did it just start in PMB’s dispensation
Re: Buhari Must Hold Responsible For The Bomb Blast - By Pius Adesanmi by StepTwo: 8:09pm On Oct 23, 2015
blind support killing us in this country.

reason the Presidents are so comfortable in that office.

how will Goodluck or Buhari be serious when their supporters never se anything wrong in their wrong doings?
Re: Buhari Must Hold Responsible For The Bomb Blast - By Pius Adesanmi by Demmocrats(m): 8:09pm On Oct 23, 2015
Who be this Pius sef

Sai Baba
Re: Buhari Must Hold Responsible For The Bomb Blast - By Pius Adesanmi by StepTwo: 8:11pm On Oct 23, 2015
benedictnsi:
Where there no bombing during GEJ administration or did it just start in PMB’s dispensation

you really should read the write-up before comenting.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Must Hold Responsible For The Bomb Blast - By Pius Adesanmi by Nobody: 8:13pm On Oct 23, 2015
If this really from pius then i say thumbs up
Re: Buhari Must Hold Responsible For The Bomb Blast - By Pius Adesanmi by ernesty20(m): 8:13pm On Oct 23, 2015
My yoruba people be like

yoruba- please give me bread
giver- take
yoruba- u are a better person
yoruba- give me tea
giver- sorry i dnt have enough
yoruba- u are not a good person.
Re: Buhari Must Hold Responsible For The Bomb Blast - By Pius Adesanmi by fodiyo(m): 8:25pm On Oct 23, 2015
benedictnsi:
l doubt if you read this write-up

1 Like

Re: Buhari Must Hold Responsible For The Bomb Blast - By Pius Adesanmi by hinwazaka: 8:36pm On Oct 23, 2015
For every soul lost, God will punish the President, his vice, the party and anyone who supported their immoral seizure of power.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Must Hold Responsible For The Bomb Blast - By Pius Adesanmi by ShowYourCertificate: 8:41pm On Oct 23, 2015
hinwazaka:
For every soul lost, God will punish the President, his vice, the party and anyone who supported their immoral seizure of power.
Amen!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Must Hold Responsible For The Bomb Blast - By Pius Adesanmi by Nobody: 8:58pm On Oct 23, 2015
Very misleading title. All what Sir Pius is saying is that PMB should take responsibility. And believe me sir, he will.

As for the wailers, chillax. Let PMB work for 2 years or is that too much to ask?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Caption This Photo Of Ameachi And His Wife / How France Embarrassed Africa About Their Flag / Massaive Crowd In Kogi As AUDU Is Laid To Rest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.