Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,398 members, 7,819,417 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:57 PM

Osinbajo Promises Massive Solar Power In One Year - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo Promises Massive Solar Power In One Year (608 Views)

Osinbajo Promises Full Academic Take-Off Of Nigerian Maritime University / Osinbajo Promises Massive Solar Power In Nigeria / Flash Back: Osinbajo Promises Free Meal For Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osinbajo Promises Massive Solar Power In One Year by Tolexander: 10:50pm On Oct 23, 2015
Vice President Yemi Osinbajo has promised a solar power revolution in Nigeria in the next one year.

Osinbajo made the promise after inspecting solar power stands mounted at a Trade Fair by the Department for International Development as a follow-up to the agreement signed between Nigeria and the United Kingdom for massive solar power in Nigeria.

According to him, Nigeria will no longer watch as millions of its citizens, especially the rural poor, find it difficult to access electricity.

The vice president said, “This is the time to jump in and we are all set to do that.

“This is very exciting for us and of cause Grant (Mr Shapps, UK Minister of State for International Development) has been extremely supportive, not only encouraging everyone and pushing and bolding everyone, but I think that in providing all of the support and the various suppliers and all of the various people who have been working on solar power for so long.

“We are really excited to be here and I am sure that in the next one year when you hear about us, it will be quite a story to tell.

“Nigeria will be the place where all of the examples will be set for the rest of Africa. We are really looking forward to that.’’

Osinbajo described the trade fair as “really inspirational for us when we look at the share enormity of what we have to deal with”.

He said no fewer than 96 million homes in the country required power.

“I am speaking of Nigeria alone and they have no access to power at the moment. I just have to look in round again and see what is possible. I think we really have to go and go very quickly.

“I think that every day means that we actually can do cheaper solar power and the technology appears to be getting better by the minutes; we can’t afford to wait until it is cheaper,” he stated.

In an interview, the Executive Secretary/CEO, Nigerian Investment Promotion Commission, Mrs Uju Hassan–Baba, said the country needed to explore opportunities for alternative sources of power to augment the low production level and make power accessible to Nigerians.
http://www.punchng.com/news/osinbajo-promises-massive-solar-power-in-one-year/
Re: Osinbajo Promises Massive Solar Power In One Year by typicaldayo(m): 10:52pm On Oct 23, 2015
“Nigeria will be the place where all of the
examples will be set for the rest of Africa. We are
really looking forward to that.’’

I hope so.......for your own sake....FTC.
Re: Osinbajo Promises Massive Solar Power In One Year by EgusiSoup: 11:00pm On Oct 23, 2015
The foolishness of this APC Government is something I cannot comprehend. undecided

No offence.
Re: Osinbajo Promises Massive Solar Power In One Year by overhypedsteve(m): 11:03pm On Oct 23, 2015
Lol he sound very excited. Thank God he attended the event.
Re: Osinbajo Promises Massive Solar Power In One Year by twixx(f): 11:05pm On Oct 23, 2015
apc and promises
Re: Osinbajo Promises Massive Solar Power In One Year by chymystique(f): 11:18pm On Oct 23, 2015
APC and their One Chance Promises... They should fulfil three out of their thousands of campaign promises then we can as well start believing them a lil else they should go tell these stories to the birds
Re: Osinbajo Promises Massive Solar Power In One Year by iyobosadavid: 11:34pm On Oct 23, 2015
that's my able vp talking sense, change is all we need and I can see that we are getting so close to it. ride on sir we Nigerian got your back. cos the era of one useless sallah ram called samboribobo with his epketeshe drinking master is gone and gone for good
Re: Osinbajo Promises Massive Solar Power In One Year by iyobosadavid: 11:37pm On Oct 23, 2015
chymystique:
APC and their One Chance Promises... They should fulfil three out of their thousands of campaign promises then we can as well start believing them a lil else they should go tell these stories to the birds
better still, kill your self if you are pained. suicide is free of charge, so do the needfull

(1) (Reply)

Swimming Pools In The Country Of Western Nigeria- Yomi Akindele / Let Us Talk About Former President Olusegun Obasonjo And Is Funny Habit / Ban Eze Ndigbo Title Outside Igboland — APC Tells Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.