Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,224 members, 7,867,581 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 06:57 PM

Ibkaye's Oral Story Haven - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Ibkaye's Oral Story Haven (13536 Views)

Kizorita's Haven / Of Oral Farts And Flamboyance Stench (A HILARIOUS POEM) / The Writer`s Lawn. The First Nigerian Writer`s Article Haven (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ibkaye's Oral Story Haven by audio: 3:55pm On May 05, 2009
@ IbKaye, i've got to admit, i'm really pleasantly suprised. I've read your posts on the music forum and they've been, how shall we say, not entirely representative.

I absolutely adore storytelling, when well written. Your good. However, i feel that i should give you some feedback as the reader if that's okay.

I do not get a sense of the length of the story. Is it a short story, a book, a spoken part series meant for radio, etc
If i knew, it will help explain the jumps in the timeline.

The space between the introduction of Motunrayo and the rape is too short. I didn't particularly feel any empathy towards her, because i hardly knew her.

Same goes for Akin, one minute he's an intense handsome loner desired by the women of the village, next minute he's a rapist and a wife beater.

The charachers need fleshing out. If we don't care about them, the story loses a lot of it's appeal. My two cents
Re: Ibkaye's Oral Story Haven by xavier3(m): 4:01pm On May 05, 2009
lovely story and uv got a nice accent
Re: Ibkaye's Oral Story Haven by smooooooth: 4:14pm On May 05, 2009
good to see you spending your spare time judiciously.

good talent you got!
Re: Ibkaye's Oral Story Haven by Nobody: 4:15pm On May 05, 2009
hollandis:

ibk my pikin,one day i know say you go make me proud
Lol thankies cheesy

Jairzinho:

really cool voice,you're certainly not in bauchi or kano or which other location you've been using.

Your initial intros had a lot of 'ems , and awkward pauses,the motunrayo story went really ell only the accent kinda affects the traditional pronounciation of those names.

keep it up !!
Lool

Thanks dear smiley

stillwater:

"Club" was funny.

Words come to you easily. That's a good sign you'll turn out good. Keep it up.
Hehehe, glad you liked grin

Thanks a buch sweets cheesy

audio:

@ IbKaye, i've got to admit, i'm really pleasantly suprised. I've read your posts on the music forum and they've been, how shall we say, not entirely representative.

I absolutely adore storytelling, when well written. Your good. However, i feel that i should give you some feedback as the reader if that's okay.

I do not get a sense of the length of the story. Is it a short story, a book, a spoken part series meant for radio, etc
If i knew, it will help explain the jumps in the timeline.

The space between the introduction of Motunrayo and the rape is too short. I didn't particularly feel any empathy towards her, because i hardly knew her.

Same goes for Akin, one minute he's an intense handsome loner desired by the women of the village, next minute he's a rapist and a wife beater.

The charachers need fleshing out. If we don't care about them, the story loses a lot of it's appeal. My two cents
Lol, don't mind me on the music threads, I'm pretty much there to catch fun grin

Thanks for the feedback, I totally understand what you mean, when writing stories, I tend to write way too much when being descrptive so with this one, I tried to make it simple and straight to the point without being long and windy, I guess that's why it seemed like I jumped alot of times, I'll try to be a bit more descriptive with the next part and without being too long.

@smoooooth
Imeela! cheesy

@All
Your feedback is much appreciated!
Re: Ibkaye's Oral Story Haven by ThiefOfHearts(f): 4:17pm On May 05, 2009
Your links dont work for me IBK. Guess I'll stick to reading them cry
Re: Ibkaye's Oral Story Haven by Nobody: 4:18pm On May 05, 2009
ThiefOfHearts:

Your links dont work for me IBK. Guess I'll stick to reading them cry
Aww, they don't? Sorry o, I'll see if I can upload them to another website also wink

Thanks for reading wink
Re: Ibkaye's Oral Story Haven by Nobody: 5:03pm On May 05, 2009
This isn't really a story neither a poem but what I'd call a rather creative news report, had fun recording it too grin

Voice Recording - http://www.esnips.com/doc/a7c16382-9e45-428c-89a7-2b9cd17c2634/Amebo-Radio-Station

Amebo Radio: Nigerian Criminal Gang Members Arrested

This is CB reporting live on Amebo Radio news report station where we have just received out braking information on the arrest of two notorious criminals who are part of a disreputable gang roaming the streets of Nigeria and on occasions, Ghana.

These group of people are a terrible and dangerous threat to the African society, the sooner they are caught, the better. The two captured members are currently being detained by the police force and will await their trials. The two detained have been named as one Monalisa Chinda and Uche Ogbodo, both regular abusers of the ‘Stop Putting on That Stupid American Accent’ law which came into act in 1997 in Nollywood set by Nollywood's government leaders.

Such breeches of law will earn both detained a befittingly deserved punishment so as to penalize the them for their unlawful felonies. The police are aware that a number of members of the notorious gang are still on the loose   and still creating havoc for the very innocent Nollywood movie viewers who are traumatized after viewing and hearing such poor pronunciation and treatment of words.

A number of suspects are said to go by the names of Stephanie Okereke, Nadia Buari, Pat Attah, Tonto Dike and Jim Iyke who police investigations have come to find may be the ring leader who’s phonetic offences proved so ghastly, an old woman ended up in hospital with severe ear burn after watching one of his latest movies, ‘Dream Maker’. The old woman's family have said to have filed a law suit against the directors of the film. Our sympathy goes out to her.

A reward of a life time supply of agege bread is said to be available for whoever is able to assist police with any information leading to the arrest of the remaining members of the criminal gang, plus 2 bottles of cold stout if the ring leader is caught.

Thank you for listening to Amebo Radio’s latest news report.

Next week’s topic of discussion, ‘The Trials and Tribulations of a Nollywood Actresses Weave’
Re: Ibkaye's Oral Story Haven by bigboyslim(m): 5:08pm On May 05, 2009
Nice words. I liked club. Sounded naive and yet mature at the same time. Nice piece
Re: Ibkaye's Oral Story Haven by Nobody: 5:24pm On May 05, 2009
bigboyslim:

Nice words. I liked club. Sounded naive and yet mature at the same time. Nice piece
Thanks smiley
Re: Ibkaye's Oral Story Haven by AloyEmeka9: 5:32pm On May 05, 2009
You are a real jewel. Go girl and give Chimamanda a run for her money.
Re: Ibkaye's Oral Story Haven by nguage(m): 5:45pm On May 05, 2009
Am I the only one who read it as "Ibkaye's MouthAction Haven?"
Re: Ibkaye's Oral Story Haven by Nobody: 5:46pm On May 05, 2009
Aloy.Emeka:

You are a real jewel. Go girl and give Chimamanda a run for her money.
Lol cheesy

n-guage:

I knew someone would say that tongue
Re: Ibkaye's Oral Story Haven by StrStruck(f): 5:47pm On May 05, 2009
n-guage:

Ewww. . .
Re: Ibkaye's Oral Story Haven by AloyEmeka9: 5:53pm On May 05, 2009
Why you wan corrupt this small girl?
Re: Ibkaye's Oral Story Haven by nguage(m): 5:57pm On May 05, 2009
St☆rStruck:

Ewww. . .

wink Vitamins ====Φ swimming towards your lips.
Re: Ibkaye's Oral Story Haven by bluespice(f): 6:06pm On May 05, 2009
tsk tsk n-guage, its certified,
ur nasty grin
Re: Ibkaye's Oral Story Haven by audio: 6:09pm On May 05, 2009
Just listened to Amebo Radio, cool. So you have the comedy thing going as well. Ever thought about putting together a sketch show?
Re: Ibkaye's Oral Story Haven by Nobody: 6:11pm On May 05, 2009
audio:

Just listened to Amebo Radio, cool. So you have the comedy thing going as well. Ever thought about putting together a sketch show?
Erm, what excactly is a sketch show? I'm thinking about drawings, I'm probably wrong tongue
Re: Ibkaye's Oral Story Haven by Nobody: 7:29pm On May 05, 2009
IBKAYE OMO ONI UK ACCENT!!!!!!! grin

SHIGIRI SHIGIRI!!! ME I KNOW HEAR U OOOOOOOOOOOOO cheesy

To be frankly speaking, Britain mode of speaking in English is kinda of funny to me!!!! Graph English!!! grin
Re: Ibkaye's Oral Story Haven by audio: 7:32pm On May 05, 2009
ibkaye:

Erm, what excactly is a sketch show? I'm thinking about drawings, I'm probably wrong tongue

Lol, just a bit. A sketch show is like a collection of different short comedy situations seamlessly running together. So for example, you could have the ameobi thing, followed by say the 419 guy with hygiene problems, followed by the singer with no talent that can't take a hint, shei you get?

Anyway, i sense that's not your main area of expertise, but just an idea sha.
Re: Ibkaye's Oral Story Haven by Nobody: 7:33pm On May 05, 2009
audio:

Lol, just a bit. A sketch show is like a collection of different short comedy situations seamlessly running together. So for example, you could have the ameobi thing, followed by say the 419 guy with hygiene problems, followed by the singer with no talent that can't take a hint, shei you get?

Anyway, i sense that's not your main area of expertise, but just an idea sha.
I see I see, thanks for the suffestion smiley

faakay:

IBKAYE OMO ONI UK ACCENT!!!!!!! grin

SHIGIRI SHIGIRI!!! ME I KNOW HEAR U OOOOOOOOOOOOO cheesy

To be frankly speaking, Britain mode of speaking in English is kinda of funny to me!!!! Graph English!!! grin
Hmmm tongue
Re: Ibkaye's Oral Story Haven by bluespice(f): 8:01pm On May 05, 2009
ur representation of a yoruba news caster is hillarious! grin grin grin grin
Re: Ibkaye's Oral Story Haven by AmAlone: 8:10pm On May 05, 2009
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr  angry angry angry
What manner of rubbish is all this
Is there nothing else to talk about on Nairaland Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr  angry
I can't believe I just red all THAT! angry

hmmmmmmmm. . .   . But, He Sweet SHA! cheesy

@poster
This is Honey! Fantastic, Tantalizing!!! kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss wink wink wink wink                  multiple kisses. . . LoL, what an Irony. . .
Re: Ibkaye's Oral Story Haven by Nobody: 8:14pm On May 05, 2009
bluespice:

ur representation of a yoruba news caster is hillarious! grin grin grin grin
Lol thanx grin

Am Alone:

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr angry angry angry
What manner of rubbish is all this
Is there nothing else to talk about on Nairaland Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr angry
I can't believe I just red all THAT! angry

hmmmmmmmm. . . . But, He Sweet SHA! cheesy

@poster
This is Honey! Fantastic, Tantalizing!!! kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss wink wink wink wink multiple kisses. . . LoL, what an Irony. . .
grin
Re: Ibkaye's Oral Story Haven by tpiah: 8:27pm On May 05, 2009
is it just me or do you have a slight resemblance to Rihanna?

lol- dont look at the outfit- check the face. I just copied the photo directly from yahoo without really noticing the sleeves. Surprised to see her out I guess.
Re: Ibkaye's Oral Story Haven by AmAlone: 8:30pm On May 05, 2009
^ shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Ibkaye's Oral Story Haven by Nobody: 8:30pm On May 05, 2009
@tpiah
Lol, urm, I don't think so  cheesy
Re: Ibkaye's Oral Story Haven by bluespice(f): 8:32pm On May 05, 2009
tpiah i think its just u tongue
Re: Ibkaye's Oral Story Haven by tpiah: 9:06pm On May 05, 2009
ok grin

thought i saw some likeness there.
Re: Ibkaye's Oral Story Haven by eyonigger(m): 6:17am On May 06, 2009
just love um all.
Re: Ibkaye's Oral Story Haven by biina: 8:59am On May 06, 2009
no audio undecided
Re: Ibkaye's Oral Story Haven by dejiariyo: 9:32am On May 06, 2009
the british accent killed it for me,cant understand a single word pls can u come thru with pidgin or maybe some yoruba poems? undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

10 Sites To Get Paid For Writing / Nairaland Authors And Their Books (Updated 15th September, 2023) / Confessions Of A Video Vixen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.