Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,647 members, 7,809,445 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:43 AM

Ndigbo In Akure Eats Humble Pie, Begs Deji Over Misconduct Of Eze - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ndigbo In Akure Eats Humble Pie, Begs Deji Over Misconduct Of Eze (2103 Views)

Shittu Suspends Peter Jack, NITDA Boss Over “Misconduct” / Ndigbo In Akure Eats Humble Pie, Begs Deji Over Misconduct Of Eze / Senate President Saraki Finally Eats Humble Pie, Reaches Out To Ahmed Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ndigbo In Akure Eats Humble Pie, Begs Deji Over Misconduct Of Eze by aresa: 12:58am On Oct 24, 2015

The leadership of the Igbo community in Akure, Ondo State, on Friday swallowed its pride and begged for pardon from the Deji of Akure, Aladetoyinbo Adelusi, following two weeks of hostilities between the Igbo community and the palace.
The Deji had vowed to obliterate the position of the Eze Ndigbo of Akure, after the title holder, Gregory Iloehika, allegedly insulted the traditional ruler.
Mr. Iloehika, was accused of rude behaviour at the Deji’s palace, an action which angered the Chiefs and resulted in a war of wits between the palace chiefs and Igbo traders.

The crisis had started two weeks ago with the leadership tussle between Igbos and Yorubas at the Mojere Market in Akure, but became widespread after the interventionfrom the Deji’s palace were resisted by the Igbo traders.
Mr. Iloehika was said to have made uncomplimentary remarks against the Deji in Council, and was immediately walked out of the palace by the Chiefs.
Viewing the action as an insult to the traditional stool, the Deji ordered the closure of the shops of the Igbo traders as well as the business premises of Mr. Iloehika along Cathedral Road in the heart of the city.
His position as Eze Ndigbo was also nullified, with a declaration that he should no longer parade himself as the leader of the Igbo community in Akure.
The Igbo community also responded by closing their shops in strategic markets in solidarity with their leader, causing some hardship in the town.
The spare parts markets were almost grounded and vehicles owners and mechanics had problems getting parts for vehicles needing repairs.
The intervention of the Ondo State Government to resolve the matter culminated in Friday’s peace meeting between the palace and the Igbo community.
Led by the President of the Ohaeneze Ndigbo, Ondo State, Okechukwu Okorie, the Chief of Staff to the state governor, Kola Ademujimi, Mr. Oloehika and other members of the Igbo community prostrated before the monarch, seeking his forgiveness.
Speaking on behalf of the delegation, one Mr, Anoliefo said the Igbo people had found Akure a hospitable place in the last 100 years.
He urged the Deji to forgive their errors, promising that such action would not repeat itself in the future.

Also speaking, Mr. Ademujimi appealed to the Deji, Oba to forgive all the wrongdoings of his Igbo brothers, saying there would be no meaningful development in an atmosphere of rancour.
Responding, Oba Aladetoyinbo said he had pardoned the offenders, promising that their shops at the markets would be opened on Saturday.
Oba Aladetoyinbo thanked Governor Mimiko for his intervention as well as Akure youths for their peaceful disposition all through the crisis.
He however said the position of the disputed Eze Ndigbo would be considered at the council of Obas which would hold next week.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/191989-ndigbo-in-akure-eats-humble-pie-begs-deji-over-misconduct-of-eze.html

3 Likes

Re: Ndigbo In Akure Eats Humble Pie, Begs Deji Over Misconduct Of Eze by aresa: 1:04am On Oct 24, 2015
They just avoided deportation... grin

20 Likes

Re: Ndigbo In Akure Eats Humble Pie, Begs Deji Over Misconduct Of Eze by BlackrulesDworld(m): 1:04am On Oct 24, 2015
The relationship between the Gods and their worshippers is always unique. Yoruba race are the living Gods in Nigeria while the other tribe are the worshippers/slaves!

Nigeria is not one!!!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ndigbo In Akure Eats Humble Pie, Begs Deji Over Misconduct Of Eze by libertyfather(m): 1:06am On Oct 24, 2015
@ last
Re: Ndigbo In Akure Eats Humble Pie, Begs Deji Over Misconduct Of Eze by jaymejate: 1:20am On Oct 24, 2015
They know their boss na, se won n be ni.
If he no beg, them go carry masquerade for him ni

5 Likes

Re: Ndigbo In Akure Eats Humble Pie, Begs Deji Over Misconduct Of Eze by slimfit1(m): 1:27am On Oct 24, 2015
BlackrulesDworld:
Nigeria is not one.

If a yoruba man or community disrespect your tradition deal with them appropriately simple. The we we dealt with you.

11 Likes

Re: Ndigbo In Akure Eats Humble Pie, Begs Deji Over Misconduct Of Eze by Nobody: 1:28am On Oct 24, 2015
Point of correction, the oba had no issues with Igbo in Akure; he had issues with Igbo traders. Besides, Iloehika is not a recognised king in any part of Igboland; he's the leader of Igbo traders in Akure.

7 Likes

Re: Ndigbo In Akure Eats Humble Pie, Begs Deji Over Misconduct Of Eze by Stolen: 1:35am On Oct 24, 2015
kITATITA:
Point of correction, the oba had no issues with Igbo in Akure; he had issues with Igbo traders. Besides, Iloehika is not a recognised king in any part of Igboland; he's the leader of Igbo traders in Akure.

Thank you for the clarification to our daft yoruba bros.

Wen will yoruba quit the attention seeking from igbo? I dont know. Everything igbo turns them on.

As for the market Deji, he is a disgrace to royal titles.

4 Likes

Re: Ndigbo In Akure Eats Humble Pie, Begs Deji Over Misconduct Of Eze by aresa: 1:39am On Oct 24, 2015
kITATITA:

Story don change. Please, no need for goal post shifting.

Apology accepted for now.

15 Likes

Re: Ndigbo In Akure Eats Humble Pie, Begs Deji Over Misconduct Of Eze by BlackrulesDworld(m): 1:45am On Oct 24, 2015
I'm not a nigerian, I am a proud yoruba man from republic of o'dua. But that doesn't have to limit my sense of reasoning, this relationship called Nigeria today is a forced relationship. All the parties involved are not willing to be together but are merged together by a greater force which is the bristish government.

Have you ever been alone as a Yoruba man among four malo guys or more without feeling different? Between 30min of discussing you will realise that you are not one, you will have no choice than to excuse yourself and voce-versa.

Have you ever summited your CV in any big company in Abj before where a hausa man is the boss? Mere seeing the name oluwaseun or Titobiloba will automatically disqualified you irrespective of your quilification to a less qualified hausa boy and vice-versa that is when you will know that tribalim in Nigeria is real and beyond shouting Nigeria is one on a social media.

We have different cultures, different languages, different traditions and beliefs, different physical outlook, different intonation etc. How then are we one?

Nigeria division will be blessing to all the involved parties.

slimfit1:

If a yoruba man or community disrespect your tradition deal with them appropriately simple. The we we dealt with you.

4 Likes

Re: Ndigbo In Akure Eats Humble Pie, Begs Deji Over Misconduct Of Eze by acenazt: 1:52am On Oct 24, 2015
If those Biafrans Need Water to take swallow the pie them can contact me.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ndigbo In Akure Eats Humble Pie, Begs Deji Over Misconduct Of Eze by aresa: 2:06am On Oct 24, 2015
BlackrulesDworld:
I'm not a nigerian, I am a proud yoruba man from republic of o'dua. But that doesn't have to limit my sense of reasoning, this relationship called Nigeria today is a forced relationship. All the parties involved are not willing to be together but are merged together by a greater force which is the bristish government.

Have you ever been alone as a Yoruba man among four malo guys or more without feeling different? Between 30min of discussing you will realise that you are not one, you will have no choice than to excuse yourself and voce-versa.

BlackrulesDworld:
Booari is not mentally fit to be nigeria first citizen.

BlackrulesDworld:
Fayose the people governor. The best governor in Nigeria.

BlackrulesDworld:
Ameachi is a certified thief!

BlackrulesDworld:
Booari is a corrupt leader.

BlackrulesDworld:
Fayose is the most able politician in Nigeria. The pride of Southwest.

BlackrulesDworld:
Seccession is what will need in the zoo, its obvious we ain't one.

BlackrulesDworld:
Zahra dullard daura booari.

There is nothing Yoruba about you, you are just another bigoted and bitter ibo villager...

14 Likes

Re: Ndigbo In Akure Eats Humble Pie, Begs Deji Over Misconduct Of Eze by coolscott(m): 2:22am On Oct 24, 2015
Big mistake. They should obliterate it from their territory. They should not allow a different traditional authority to co-exist with their (the host's) traditional authority.

Let it be on record that it was said here. Let the rest of Nigeria watch and learn the required lessons so they do not allow that kind of error befall them.

3 Likes

Re: Ndigbo In Akure Eats Humble Pie, Begs Deji Over Misconduct Of Eze by IGBOSON1: 2:27am On Oct 24, 2015
[quote author=aresa post=39298473][/quote]

^^^You really are a repulsive sad piece of work! What's the aim of you posting this shi/t.....the parts you bolded give you a bone/r, is that it?

What i don't understand is how a bigoted and hateful bastard like you still feels comfortable in your Nigeria with a people you obviously hate with such an all-consuming passion!

Fool, you need to get off your arsse and help quicken the dissolution of this shithole you call a nation so you never again have to suffer the indignity of being a two-faced double-speaking slimeball that hates a people yet wants to share the same country with them!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ndigbo In Akure Eats Humble Pie, Begs Deji Over Misconduct Of Eze by aresa: 2:32am On Oct 24, 2015
^^^^^^^^^^ Learn how to quote...

2 Likes

Re: Ndigbo In Akure Eats Humble Pie, Begs Deji Over Misconduct Of Eze by BlackrulesDworld(m): 2:38am On Oct 24, 2015
I dont buy into the APC scam for so many reason and i detest PDP too because jonathan's was not mentally fit enough to governed a nation like Nigeria, he was a coward, a man that cant stick to is words. Jonathan was not strong enough to fight against the powers taking over is government as the first citizen and many more.

What will you say of a presidential aspirant saying in the public that he will make the nation ungovernable, in a sane environment he would have been tried and probably be in prison before the next election. That same man is ruling over us today, a man that used a terrorist group to blackmail is predecessors government and corrupt the mindset of the masses just to get to power.

Actually booari thought BH was a kids play until he got there before his eyes opened and see how deep and powerful bh is.

Everything happening in Nigeria today is like a movie, the politicians and the wealthy are the actors while we the masses are the spectators.

You can never understand why some yoruba men are after secession Until you understand the last pont i made.

I rep what I rep. I dont have to proof my nationality to you or anyone.
aresa:

There is nothing Yoruba about you, you are just another bigoted and bitter ibo villager...

3 Likes

Re: Ndigbo In Akure Eats Humble Pie, Begs Deji Over Misconduct Of Eze by Nobody: 2:39am On Oct 24, 2015
in Nnamundi kunu's voice.....flogging dey format/reset brain.

3 Likes

Re: Ndigbo In Akure Eats Humble Pie, Begs Deji Over Misconduct Of Eze by aresa: 2:52am On Oct 24, 2015
[s]
BlackrulesDworld:
I dont buy into the APC scam for so many reason and i detest PDP too because jonathan's was not mentally fit enough to governed a nation like Nigeria, he was a coward, a man that cant stick to is words. Jonathan was not strong enough to fight against the powers taking over is government as the first citizen and many more.

What will you say of a presidential aspirant saying in the public that he will make the nation ungovernable, in a sane environment he would have been tried and probably be in prison before the next election. That same man is ruling over us today, a man that used a terrorist group to blackmail is predecessors government and corrupt the mindset of the masses just to get to power.

Actually booari thought BH was a kids play until he got there before his eyes opened and see how deep and powerful bh is.

Everything happening in Nigeria today is like a movie, the politicians and the wealthy are the actors while we the masses are the spectators.

You can never understand why some yoruba men are after secession Until you understand the last pont i made.

I rep what I rep. I dont have to proof my nationality to you or anyone.
[/s]

Not interested in your thoughtless and bigoted village ramblings. You are not Yoruba. Period...

9 Likes

Re: Ndigbo In Akure Eats Humble Pie, Begs Deji Over Misconduct Of Eze by BlackrulesDworld(m): 2:54am On Oct 24, 2015
If you kill yourself on top the tribe I am from no one cares, life goes on!

aresa:
[s][/s]

Not interested in your thoughtless and bigoted village ramblings. You are not Yoruba. Period...

4 Likes

Re: Ndigbo In Akure Eats Humble Pie, Begs Deji Over Misconduct Of Eze by aresa: 2:57am On Oct 24, 2015
[s]
BlackrulesDworld:
Kill yourself on top the tribe am from.

[/s]

STFU and stick to your disgusting bigoted rant...

5 Likes

Re: Ndigbo In Akure Eats Humble Pie, Begs Deji Over Misconduct Of Eze by nd07(m): 3:45am On Oct 24, 2015
BlackrulesDworld:
The relationship between the Gods and their worshippers is always unique. Yoruba race are the living Gods in Nigeria while the other tribe are the worshippers/slaves!

Nigeria is not one!!!

if u r not deceiving urself, how many yorubas can stand 2 talk in Ibo land, talk more of having d gut 2 insult our king & good ahead 2 ground activities. Ibos r d gods. they apologized not because they can't carry on with d war. probably just 2 respect d governor. watch out, Akure will start 2 respect d Nija Jews because they too felt d pain during d crisis.

1 Like

Re: Ndigbo In Akure Eats Humble Pie, Begs Deji Over Misconduct Of Eze by mannobi(m): 5:02am On Oct 24, 2015
Pride goes before a fall
Re: Ndigbo In Akure Eats Humble Pie, Begs Deji Over Misconduct Of Eze by FreeGlobe(f): 5:51am On Oct 24, 2015
aresa:

Story don change. Please, no need for goal post shifting.

Apology accepted for now.
story has not changed. The coward Deji asked for apology on 4 national dailies, I'm yet to see any, or you can show us one when you find it. I just hope this distraction will quickly end so the deji will go back hiding under his bed from the rampaging fulani's in Akure.

1 Like

Re: Ndigbo In Akure Eats Humble Pie, Begs Deji Over Misconduct Of Eze by omoelesa(m): 5:53am On Oct 24, 2015
The antidote to Igbo chest beating is flogging.anytime any one of them, go chest beating "spree' here, all i need do, is to bring out my koboko and flog their flatt head.

7 Likes

Re: Ndigbo In Akure Eats Humble Pie, Begs Deji Over Misconduct Of Eze by Warlord3000(m): 5:55am On Oct 24, 2015
Don't we all love humble pie cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Ndigbo In Akure Eats Humble Pie, Begs Deji Over Misconduct Of Eze by waylz(m): 6:00am On Oct 24, 2015
is the pie imported
Re: Ndigbo In Akure Eats Humble Pie, Begs Deji Over Misconduct Of Eze by DonLo: 6:06am On Oct 24, 2015
ok
Re: Ndigbo In Akure Eats Humble Pie, Begs Deji Over Misconduct Of Eze by Nobody: 6:18am On Oct 24, 2015
[quote author=aresa post=39298473][/quote] Go and create ur Biafra
Re: Ndigbo In Akure Eats Humble Pie, Begs Deji Over Misconduct Of Eze by banki(m): 6:35am On Oct 24, 2015
@blackrules the world

Elections are over stop being unecessarily bitter and stop the falsehood

This topic has nothing to do with election just stick to the topic!

*which presidential candidate told you he will make nigeria ungovornable and is ruling over you now?

That's how people like you lie to thier graves

I've gone through your posts and your one of those bigoted people...

2 Likes

Re: Ndigbo In Akure Eats Humble Pie, Begs Deji Over Misconduct Of Eze by Horllamideh(m): 6:43am On Oct 24, 2015
aresa:

Busted tinx!.....datz wie maturity comes into play,i knw one moniker starting with Rose would have created another topic on it if it had been the other way round.

2 Likes

Re: Ndigbo In Akure Eats Humble Pie, Begs Deji Over Misconduct Of Eze by aye9ice007(m): 7:25am On Oct 24, 2015
Igbo kwenu! So, they can prostrate? I remember hw they always make jest of me then in Enugu if I prostrate jst to greet my lecturers! Nw u see? They ate the humble pie? And after the humble pie, they prostrate without drinking water! Lolz! Kabiesi, on behalf of ma igbo friends I say chukwu gozie gi! May chukwu abiama protect akure for us! May u never experience waist pain on the throne of ur forefathers. Biko ewhe ni iwe

4 Likes

Re: Ndigbo In Akure Eats Humble Pie, Begs Deji Over Misconduct Of Eze by sammyj: 7:28am On Oct 24, 2015
Good to hear!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Will Faleke, Audu's Deputy Be Sworn In If APC Eventually Won D Election? / Shiites:Nigerian Soldiers Desecrate Graves Of Martyrs & Burn Their Bodies(photos / What Will Happen To Igbo Businesses And Investments When Biafra Is Achieved

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.