Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,135 members, 7,814,974 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:11 AM

Anxiety In Wike’s Camp As Tribunal Delivers Judgement Today - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anxiety In Wike’s Camp As Tribunal Delivers Judgement Today (21201 Views)

#ondodecides2016: Appeal Court To Deliver Judgement Today Friday 18 / Aisha Jummai-Alhassan 1st Elected Female Governor As Tribunal Sacks Ishaku / Taraba State Governorship Election Tribunal To Deliver Judgement Today.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anxiety In Wike’s Camp As Tribunal Delivers Judgement Today by kahal29: 5:33am On Oct 24, 2015
There is palpable tension in the camp of the Governor of Rivers State, Chief Nyesom Wike, ahead of the delivery of judgment today in the state’s governorship election filed by the candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Dr. Dakuku Peterside.

The Rivers State Elections Tribunal is led by Justice Mohammed Ambrosa and has been sitting in Abuja.

The exchange of addresses by counsel to the petitioners—Peterside and the APC—as well as the respondents—Wike, the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC)—took place on Thursday, with the tribunal adjourning indefinitely for judgment.

Information, however, filtered out in Port Harcourt, the Rivers State capital yesterday afternoon that the tribunal would deliver judgment in the case at 10 a.m. today.

Some international observers and other stakeholders who monitored the April 11 governorship election in Rivers State, as well as eminent personalities who testified before the tribunal had described the poll as a sham, saying that it was characterised by violence, massive rigging, intimidation of voters and snatching of ballot boxes.

Wike, a former Minister of State for Education, and the Rivers State Chairman of the PDP, Chief Felix Obuah, however, maintained that the election was free, fair, credible, peaceful and violence-free, describing the turnout of the electorate as impressive, massive and unprecedented.

The Publicity Secretary of the PDP in Rivers State, Samuel Nwanosike, said yesterday that he and other members of the PDP in the state were awaiting the tribunal’s judgment, stressing that the lawyers to the Rivers governor, PDP and INEC had done a good job.

Asked what Wike and other members of the PDP in Rivers State would do if the judgment went in favour of the governorship candidate of the APC, he said that it would be subjudice to comment on a matter before a court or tribunal.

On his part, the Publicity Secretary of the APC in Rivers State, Chris Finebone, said he had no comment.”

http://thenationonlineng.net/rivers-governorship-election-anxiety-in-wikes-camp-as-tribunal-delivers-judgment-today/

1 Like

Re: Anxiety In Wike’s Camp As Tribunal Delivers Judgement Today by quinnboy: 5:52am On Oct 24, 2015
amechi chilling......wike boiling

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Anxiety In Wike’s Camp As Tribunal Delivers Judgement Today by ChemicalMallam(m): 5:56am On Oct 24, 2015
I can't believe I got to d promise land......

after so many years on Nl.......... Na god win sha

I must confess I took a great deal of joblessness to attain dis post.

I'm just wondering d level of joblessness people like lady f and introvert exhibit on a daily bases...

LAST BULLET: God bless my president GMB and all well meaning Nigerians. my good people, stay out of trouble

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anxiety In Wike’s Camp As Tribunal Delivers Judgement Today by olumide81(m): 5:57am On Oct 24, 2015
When two elephant fight....we all know who suffers, just hope the announcement would not lead to loss of life and valuables. Politics!

12 Likes

Re: Anxiety In Wike’s Camp As Tribunal Delivers Judgement Today by 2kris(m): 6:05am On Oct 24, 2015
In summary of apc and pdp...apc are liers while pdp are thieves.shikina

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Anxiety In Wike’s Camp As Tribunal Delivers Judgement Today by tyson99(m): 6:14am On Oct 24, 2015
patiently waiting
Re: Anxiety In Wike’s Camp As Tribunal Delivers Judgement Today by sammyj: 7:30am On Oct 24, 2015
Wike the goner having headache and will eventually hug live transformer very soon!!!

6 Likes

Re: Anxiety In Wike’s Camp As Tribunal Delivers Judgement Today by modath(f): 7:33am On Oct 24, 2015
have a feeling it was moved to saturday cos it's against wike & they don't want people in school or at work to be caught in a crossfire..

Wike's armed militia may go on rampage..

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anxiety In Wike’s Camp As Tribunal Delivers Judgement Today by NgeneUkwenu(f): 7:36am On Oct 24, 2015
modath:

have a feeling it was moved to saturday cos it's against wike & they don't want people in school or at work to be caught in a crossfire..

Wike's armed militia may go on rampage..

I don't think so!

5 Likes

Re: Anxiety In Wike’s Camp As Tribunal Delivers Judgement Today by Ajamini(m): 7:43am On Oct 24, 2015
Ph people pls stay at home

5 Likes

Re: Anxiety In Wike’s Camp As Tribunal Delivers Judgement Today by modath(f): 7:43am On Oct 24, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:

I don't think so!

Why on a saturday though

Do tribunals sit on weekends?

4 Likes

Re: Anxiety In Wike’s Camp As Tribunal Delivers Judgement Today by Aufbauh(m): 7:53am On Oct 24, 2015
When an end to an era is near, a lot of negative occurrences happen sensationally within a short period.
Firstly, Ameachi's screening and imminent confirmation on the tray, secondly, reported assassination attempt on wike's SA, then comes the judgement day.
Seems as if Wike's era is coming to an end.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anxiety In Wike’s Camp As Tribunal Delivers Judgement Today by NgeneUkwenu(f): 7:53am On Oct 24, 2015
modath:

Why on a saturday though

Do tribunals sit on weekends?

They must deliver judgment before 25th of October, which is the last day of the Constitutional stipulated time of 6months within which the Election petition tribunal must dispense with any case pending before it!

23 Likes

Re: Anxiety In Wike’s Camp As Tribunal Delivers Judgement Today by Babacele: 8:01am On Oct 24, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:

They must deliver judgment before 25th of October, which is the last day of the Constitutional stipulated time of 6months within which the Election petition tribunal must dispense with any case pending before it!
pls continue to feed them with correct info; the stubborn wailing wailers!

8 Likes

Re: Anxiety In Wike’s Camp As Tribunal Delivers Judgement Today by modath(f): 8:03am On Oct 24, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:

Ok, I get it... Didn't know the date the case was instituted but why didn't they deliver yesterday?? Just have that nagging feeling..

Rivers is highly volatile..

6 Likes

Re: Anxiety In Wike’s Camp As Tribunal Delivers Judgement Today by veekid(m): 8:11am On Oct 24, 2015
Kk
Re: Anxiety In Wike’s Camp As Tribunal Delivers Judgement Today by johnsonkehinde: 8:11am On Oct 24, 2015
How Excess Weight Affects Your Health
Understanding the Increased Risks to Your Health

Key Points:
Excess pounds do more than increase your weight
—they increase your risk of major health problems. People who are overweight or obese are more likely to have heart disease, strokes, diabetes, cancer, and depression.
Fortunately, losing weight can reduce your risk of developing some of these problems

For detailed information on how you can lose weight naturally in 9days follow this trend
https://www.nairaland.com/2684028/healthy-way-get-rid-excess
Re: Anxiety In Wike’s Camp As Tribunal Delivers Judgement Today by Nobody: 8:11am On Oct 24, 2015
*in nollywood suspence scene sound track* Ghen ghen

2 Likes

Re: Anxiety In Wike’s Camp As Tribunal Delivers Judgement Today by oekehinde: 8:11am On Oct 24, 2015
Make tribunal remove this guy jaree make we have less noise maker as gov. Fayose own is OK for us.

BTW: Know how to manage your diabetes without drugs and insulin injection. Visit www.surehealthoptions.com/vital5.html

1 Like

Re: Anxiety In Wike’s Camp As Tribunal Delivers Judgement Today by Mopolchi: 8:12am On Oct 24, 2015
today na today, we go know whether na demdem or tomakint go win?

2 Likes

Re: Anxiety In Wike’s Camp As Tribunal Delivers Judgement Today by Nobody: 8:12am On Oct 24, 2015
WIKEd going...... tongue
Re: Anxiety In Wike’s Camp As Tribunal Delivers Judgement Today by orobs93(m): 8:12am On Oct 24, 2015
Any body don sheity for body?
Re: Anxiety In Wike’s Camp As Tribunal Delivers Judgement Today by dotna(m): 8:12am On Oct 24, 2015
kiss this is going to be a judgement with too many ripples of after effect

1 Like

Re: Anxiety In Wike’s Camp As Tribunal Delivers Judgement Today by kelvkings: 8:12am On Oct 24, 2015
cool
Re: Anxiety In Wike’s Camp As Tribunal Delivers Judgement Today by ki02020(m): 8:13am On Oct 24, 2015
What you sow is what you reap

1 Like

Re: Anxiety In Wike’s Camp As Tribunal Delivers Judgement Today by qualityovenbake(m): 8:15am On Oct 24, 2015
The worst that can happen is a rerun.
Re: Anxiety In Wike’s Camp As Tribunal Delivers Judgement Today by kkkp: 8:15am On Oct 24, 2015
Wike is a gooner angryWike is a gooner

5 Likes

Re: Anxiety In Wike’s Camp As Tribunal Delivers Judgement Today by Dannyset(m): 8:15am On Oct 24, 2015
I didn't follow the Tribunal, so I can't say which evidence is more reasonable for the tribunal to withhold. But I am very sure PDP got this. Even in a free and fair election, PDP will win it. I don't really know why the tension!

1 Like

Re: Anxiety In Wike’s Camp As Tribunal Delivers Judgement Today by dOnLarich: 8:15am On Oct 24, 2015
WIKE WIKE WIKE grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anxiety In Wike’s Camp As Tribunal Delivers Judgement Today by omusiliyu(m): 8:15am On Oct 24, 2015
Tribunal judgement on Saturday....

something is fishing....

Farewell to Gov. Wike.

3 Likes

Re: Anxiety In Wike’s Camp As Tribunal Delivers Judgement Today by Truckpusher(m): 8:16am On Oct 24, 2015
Nation news paper? Mtcheeww.

Tinubu's propaganda mercenaries forgot to tell Dakuku that Amaechi already used him for horse trading,of course the charade will continue. grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Edo 2016: Anenih Breaks Silence, / Low Savings: Okonjo-iweala Did Not Indict The Jonathan Administration / Tinubu Should Tell Buhari To Release Funds To End ASUU Strike - Obi’s Camp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.