Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,120 members, 7,953,459 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 04:40 PM

Why The Igbos Want Biafra And Yoruba/hausa Don't.. Personal Observation. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why The Igbos Want Biafra And Yoruba/hausa Don't.. Personal Observation. (7477 Views)

"Real Reason Igbos Want To Leave Nigeria" – Ex Governor Balarabe Musa / The Reason Why Other Tribes Don't Want Biafra / President Buhari Speaks on Biafra: ''What Do Igbos Want?'' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why The Igbos Want Biafra And Yoruba/hausa Don't.. Personal Observation. by inlandtaipan: 6:05am On Oct 24, 2015
I have taken my time to ponder why the agitation for secession is whelming within Igbo's and not with yorubas/hauas and I have come to a conclusion that history has a part to play.

Yoruba's/hausas generally believe in monarchy system of ruling, From time immemorial, we have been hearing of Oyo empire, ijesha kingdom, ife kingdom from Yoruba land and sokoto caliphate, kano emirate etc from Hausa land. These kingdoms are a system where lot of villages submit to a particular ruler and pay homage to him, unlike in Igbo land, nobody wants to be ruled. The only king of a major town in Igbo land is obi of Onitsha and that's because Onitsha people adopt little Benin element and even obi of Onitsha doesn't lord over anybody.
In Yoruba land, you see oba of Lagos, ooni of ife, olu of Ibadan, deji of akure, awujale of ijebu, alake of egba etc, all the major towns in the north have emirs lording over them. You can never hear things like eze of awka, eze of Enugu, obi of nnewi, eze of aba, eze of port Harcourt or eze of umuahia.

What I'm trying to say? It is a habit for yorubas/Hausa to merge with any other body to form a single kingdom (Nigeria in this case). This monarchy system doesn't work in the East. An average yoruba man respects oba than the governor of the state, same as a hasua man will respect emir.
Take ijebu as an example, we have lots and lots of communities coming together to form one kingdom, same as other kingdoms in Yoruba and hasua land.

The coming together of a thing is also evident in the settlement pattern of the our villages, an average igbo settlement is in such a way that people build compounds away from each other, nobody wants to be lorded by anyone. But when you go to the north and west, they build close to each other and appoint a ruler, they are historically submissive.

This is a major factor firing the Biafra agitation and since its a culture in the east, i think no one can stop the agitation, we are different people. We don't do thing same way.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why The Igbos Want Biafra And Yoruba/hausa Don't.. Personal Observation. by Icon4s(m): 6:12am On Oct 24, 2015
My friend don't generalise. Igbos don't want Biafra. It is only low lifers like you ånd ur likes that see Biafra as their only hope to end their misery. Nnamdi Kanu is only seizing d opportunity.

Keep dreaming.

I am proudly Nwa afor Igbo and I am nt a dreamer but a Realist.

15 Likes

Re: Why The Igbos Want Biafra And Yoruba/hausa Don't.. Personal Observation. by inlandtaipan: 6:16am On Oct 24, 2015
Re: Why The Igbos Want Biafra And Yoruba/hausa Don't.. Personal Observation. by jcflex(m): 6:17am On Oct 24, 2015
you mean to tell me, aside from Obi of Onitsha, SE have no highly respected King.

to me SE preserve and respect Culture and Tradition in this country.

I partially agree with your assertion, 20%
Re: Why The Igbos Want Biafra And Yoruba/hausa Don't.. Personal Observation. by Nobody: 6:18am On Oct 24, 2015
Icon4s:
My friend don't generalise. Igbos don't want Biafra. It is only low lifers like you ånd ur likes that see Biafra as their only hope to end their misery. Nnamdi Kanu is only seizing d opportunity.

Keep dreaming.

Yoruba fool.

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why The Igbos Want Biafra And Yoruba/hausa Don't.. Personal Observation. by inlandtaipan: 6:21am On Oct 24, 2015
jcflex:
you mean to tell me, aside from Obi of Onitsha, SE have no highly respected King.

I'm not saying SE doesn't respect culture and tradition. Igbos don't believe in a system where one king will lord over a large landscape comprising different communities. The best you can get in igboland is a ruler of an "autonomous" community. The word autonomous is mostly used in the east sef.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why The Igbos Want Biafra And Yoruba/hausa Don't.. Personal Observation. by Nobody: 6:22am On Oct 24, 2015
Icon4s:

Keep dreaming.

I doubt your paternity being Igbo, go question your mother.

29 Likes

Re: Why The Igbos Want Biafra And Yoruba/hausa Don't.. Personal Observation. by Icon4s(m): 6:23am On Oct 24, 2015
new2020:

Yoruba fool.

So anybody that does not share ur view on Biafra is Yoruba.

Nwanne ge nti. A burum onye Ofe mmanu.Abum onye Igbo.

Majority of Igbos are against this ur Biafra agitation. Our Igbo leaders have severally openly dissociated itself from it. So hu will table ur agitations now? As I said " keep dreaming".

U simply dnt have d Igbo spirit bc Igbos are not known to b dreamers but realists.

20 Likes

Re: Why The Igbos Want Biafra And Yoruba/hausa Don't.. Personal Observation. by Nobody: 6:24am On Oct 24, 2015
Icon4s:

[s]So anybody that does not share ur view on Biafra is Yoruba.

Majority of Igbos are against this ur Biafra agitation. Our Igbo leaders have severally openly dissociated itself from it. So hu will table ur agitations now? As I said " keep dreaming".

U simply dnt have d Igbo spirit bc Igbos are not known to b dreamers but realists.[/s]

Get away from here you yoruba thing.

20 Likes

Re: Why The Igbos Want Biafra And Yoruba/hausa Don't.. Personal Observation. by inlandtaipan: 6:25am On Oct 24, 2015
Icon4s:

U simply dnt have d Igbo spirit bc Igbos are not known to b dreamers but realists.
you speak Igbo doesn't make you igbo, my mom speaks hausa and yoruba, it doesn't make her either of these tribes. Even egift, a Yoruba nairalnder speaks Igbo.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why The Igbos Want Biafra And Yoruba/hausa Don't.. Personal Observation. by Beesluv: 6:27am On Oct 24, 2015
Hmmm
Re: Why The Igbos Want Biafra And Yoruba/hausa Don't.. Personal Observation. by Icon4s(m): 6:30am On Oct 24, 2015
NOBLEDANDY:

I doubt your paternity being Igbo, go question your mother.

Go and get a job! And stop masturbatinng with thought of Biafra

This also applies to: inlandplantain, new2020, ikechu1278.

Bunch if dreamers. Let Biafra come and rescue ur lazy ass from misery.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why The Igbos Want Biafra And Yoruba/hausa Don't.. Personal Observation. by ikechu1278: 6:30am On Oct 24, 2015
Icon4s:

1. New2020 is not Igbo but CR and he has said so repeatedly
2. You are not Igbo
3. Keep deluding yourself that Biafra is just a minority ppl wanting. If your government really believe so, let them do a referendum, let us see now. Why is your government more afraid of Biafra agigtator than boko haram?

Abeg commot. We are not one, never been one and will never be one and all you wannabes should get it through your thick head.

12 Likes

Re: Why The Igbos Want Biafra And Yoruba/hausa Don't.. Personal Observation. by Kastonkastroll(m): 6:33am On Oct 24, 2015
Op stop fooling yourself. Those guys(Ibos) want Biafra just because their "son" Jonathan lost an election. During the campaign era(6months ago), the same ediots shouting Biafra today were the same ediots shouting "Gej till 2019 and after Jonathan is done, he will handle the mantle of leadership to a ibo man". Of course people can deceive themselves all they want, but hey, they can never deceive others.

They were the ones mocking and insulting other Nigerians when their "son" was still sitting on the seat of power, today that the clueless man from otuoke has been booted out, we started hearing a different rhythm from them. lolx

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why The Igbos Want Biafra And Yoruba/hausa Don't.. Personal Observation. by inlandtaipan: 6:36am On Oct 24, 2015
Kastonkastroll:
Op stop fooling yourself. Those guys(Ibos) want Biafra just because their "son" Jonathan lost an election. During the campaign era(6months ago), the same ediots shouting Biafra today were the same ediots shouting "Gej till 2019 and after Jonathan is done, he will handle the mantle of leadership to a ibo man". Of course people can deceive themselves all they want, but hey, they can never deceive others.

They were the ones mocking and insulting other Nigerians when their "son" was still sitting on the seat of power, today that the clueless man from otuoke has been booted out, we started hearing a different tune from them. lolx
did ojukwu want Biafra because Jonathan lost in 1967?

Take a time to study the three major tribes, hausas and yorubas easily merge with anything they see.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why The Igbos Want Biafra And Yoruba/hausa Don't.. Personal Observation. by Icon4s(m): 6:37am On Oct 24, 2015
Kastonkastroll:

They were the ones mocking and insulting other Nigerians when their "son" was still sitting on the seat of power, today that the clueless man from otuoke has been booted out, we started hearing a different rhythm from them. lolx

Dnt mind them I am Igbo. I supported GEJ.He lost bt i have moved on.

These ones asking for Biafra dnt even know the meaning of Biafra or how it came to be. Bunch of day dreamers.

4 Likes

Re: Why The Igbos Want Biafra And Yoruba/hausa Don't.. Personal Observation. by patrick89(m): 6:39am On Oct 24, 2015
Icon4s:

Keep dreaming.

You are not igbo go and check your DNA make up! I'm sure that your blood must have been contaminated.
Every igbo man cherishes freedom so much! So you have to know who you are before saying rubbish. Igbos are freeborn. My family has properties outside igbo land but we still want biafra.

11 Likes

Re: Why The Igbos Want Biafra And Yoruba/hausa Don't.. Personal Observation. by Nobody: 6:42am On Oct 24, 2015
Icon4s:

Keep dreaming.

U are not igbo grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why The Igbos Want Biafra And Yoruba/hausa Don't.. Personal Observation. by Iykopee(m): 6:42am On Oct 24, 2015
Biafra started in 1967. Fools shud stop saying twas becos of GEJ's loss.

9 Likes

Re: Why The Igbos Want Biafra And Yoruba/hausa Don't.. Personal Observation. by patrick89(m): 6:42am On Oct 24, 2015
Icon4s:

Mention the igbo leaders,
World igbo congress just issued warning to buhari
Aka ikenga supports ipob. Now mention those leaders. Mumu

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why The Igbos Want Biafra And Yoruba/hausa Don't.. Personal Observation. by Icon4s(m): 6:43am On Oct 24, 2015
inlandtaipan:
did ojukwu want Biafra because Jonathan lost in 1969?

Take a time to study the three major tribes, hausas and yorubas easily merge with anything they see.

Look at u. U dnt even know history.1969 grin.
Go back and read why the Eastern parliament/leaders and Igbo people asked Ojukwu to declare Biafra and tell me whether the Igbos are under 1/10th of such situations presently.

6 Likes

Re: Why The Igbos Want Biafra And Yoruba/hausa Don't.. Personal Observation. by Nobody: 6:45am On Oct 24, 2015
jcflex:

Igbos don't have kings. We run a system of ezes and on a normal, Eze is a leadership position by age. It does not have any form of royalty attached to it.

Initial onitsha were just settlers from old Benin empire , that's why they have obi of onitsha which was actually copied from "Oba of benin"

4 Likes

Re: Why The Igbos Want Biafra And Yoruba/hausa Don't.. Personal Observation. by inlandtaipan: 6:45am On Oct 24, 2015
Icon4s:

Look at u. U dnt even know history.
Go back and read why the Eastern parliament/leaders and Igbo people asked Ojukwu to declare Biafra and tell me whether the Igbos are under 1/10th of such situations presently.
don't put your frustration on me, you don't sound like an Igbo. Swerve

8 Likes

Re: Why The Igbos Want Biafra And Yoruba/hausa Don't.. Personal Observation. by Kastonkastroll(m): 6:47am On Oct 24, 2015
inlandtaipan:
did ojukwu want Biafra because Jonathan lost in 1969?

ojukwu contested in a presidential election(is it in 2003 or 2007). what message did it sent to you? The champion of Biafra contesting for a post in Nigeria, isn't it funny? OK had it been that ojukwu won in the election he contested in, what will become of your Biafra? lolx

6 Likes

Re: Why The Igbos Want Biafra And Yoruba/hausa Don't.. Personal Observation. by ikechu1278: 6:49am On Oct 24, 2015
inlandtaipan:
did ojukwu want Biafra because Jonathan lost in 1967?

Biko help me ask the monkey if Massob, IPOB and BZM wasn't active during GEJ rule?
Also help me ask the f00l when BZM was arrested for trying to take over Enugu government and declare Biafra didn't that happen during GEJ rule?

Oya Kastonkastroll or wetin you dey call yourself keep deluding yourself.

7 Likes

Re: Why The Igbos Want Biafra And Yoruba/hausa Don't.. Personal Observation. by inlandtaipan: 6:50am On Oct 24, 2015
Kastonkastroll:
ojukwu contested in a presidential election(is it in 2003 or 2007). what message did it sent to you? The champion of Biafra contesting for a post in Nigeria, isn't it funny? OK had it been that ojukwu won in the he contested, what will become of your Biafra? lolx
we have different ways of achieving our aim, ojukwu simply wanted win the presidential election and break out. Think

3 Likes

Re: Why The Igbos Want Biafra And Yoruba/hausa Don't.. Personal Observation. by ikechu1278: 6:53am On Oct 24, 2015
Icon4s:

Go and get a job! And stop masturbatinng with thought of Biafra

This also applies to: inlandplantain, new2020, ikechu1278.

Bunch if dreamers. Let Biafra come and rescue ur lazy ass from misery.

Onye Ara. Mr. Wannabe Igbo. Go sit down and hide you bolong head in shame. Dirty thing.
Only a zoo animal would be proud to wanna stay in the zoo

BTW: I got a job and it pays more than your $1 a day poverty una dey live with in that your undeveloped nigger area.

5 Likes

Re: Why The Igbos Want Biafra And Yoruba/hausa Don't.. Personal Observation. by omonnakoda: 6:54am On Oct 24, 2015
Do not deceive yourselves . I personally can say that here is no Eboe man that wants it more than me. However you do no get it by making noise or violence. How many of your elected representatives have moved or passed a motion to that effect. They are all greedy cowards.The truth is Eboes do no have a plan other than making noise

I have opened threads to hat effect yes let Eboes go but first do what you need to do following due process.For now you are acting like amateurs.

You have 5 State Houses of Assembly how many of them have ever DEBATED the matter? NONE!!!
Jokers.

So if your position is you will achieve it by force and not due process ,Fine !!Roll the dice and stop making noise.

3 Likes

Re: Why The Igbos Want Biafra And Yoruba/hausa Don't.. Personal Observation. by inlandtaipan: 6:56am On Oct 24, 2015
omonnakoda:
Do not deceive yourselves . I personally ca sa that here is no Eboe man that wants it more than me. However you do no get it by making noise or violence. How many of your elected representatives have moved or passed a motion to that effect. They are all greedy cowards.The rtruh is Eboes do no have a plan other than making noise

I have opened threads to hat effect yes let Eboes go but first do what you need to do following due process.For now you are acting like amateurs.

You have 5 State Houses of Assembly how many of them have ever DEBATED the matter? NONE!!!
Jokers.

So if your position is you will achieve it by force and not due process ,Fine !!Roll the dice and stop making noise.
you want it, most of your brothers don't.

1 Like

Re: Why The Igbos Want Biafra And Yoruba/hausa Don't.. Personal Observation. by Kastonkastroll(m): 7:00am On Oct 24, 2015
Icon4s:

These ones asking for Biafra dnt even know the meaning of Biafra or how it came to be. Bunch of day dreamers.
At least you are honest. There is this ibo dude in my office who dislikes buhari, but I have never seen him being passionate about Biafra. He told me that Biafra is for never do wells and i guess he is right

7 Likes

Re: Why The Igbos Want Biafra And Yoruba/hausa Don't.. Personal Observation. by Nobody: 7:00am On Oct 24, 2015
Icon4s:

But come to think of it....instead of arguing with you I would rather pity you.
If you are really Igbo as you claim...then it means you have never had anything to do with Yorubas and see the kind of ppl they really are.
All these their call on NL to annihilate the Igbos, you think it's just mere e:war.
Don't worry ppl like you we shall tame at the right time to avoid sabotage.

Keep thinking that the smile you are seeing on that Yoruba man's face is real...It's his way to come and fvck you mammy.

They have done it before, they are doing it now and they will SURELY do it again....its in their blood, they can't help it even if they want. #Identity....

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why The Igbos Want Biafra And Yoruba/hausa Don't.. Personal Observation. by Kastonkastroll(m): 7:03am On Oct 24, 2015
inlandtaipan:
we have different ways of achieving our aim, ojukwu simply wanted win the presidential election and break out. Think
Then why didn't you people(ibos) voted for him then, if that was his ultimate plan to achieve Biafra?

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Breaking: Ghana’s Ex-president Kufuor Is Dead / Rare Photo Of Bola Tinubu That Got People Talking / Recession: CITN Charges FG To Widen Tax Net With Informal Sector

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.