Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,684 members, 7,809,588 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:41 AM

Nairalanders Please Help Me Get MTN To Return My CREDIT - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nairalanders Please Help Me Get MTN To Return My CREDIT (1613 Views)

MTN To Acquire DSTV And Gotv / MTN To End Blackberry Services In Nigeria On January 27 / My Mum Called Me And MTN Deducted My Credit :- "Receiver Pays" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairalanders Please Help Me Get MTN To Return My CREDIT by trendy(f): 11:33am On Oct 24, 2015
sad sad sad sad sad sad They would deduct my credit unnecessarily, i would be too busy to call and let it slide but they have finally done the thing that would make me port my line but i want my credit back first.

A friend of mine got back to Naija on the 14th of october and she called me because she couldnt seem to get the data . recharge thing done as fast as i could.

So i used the MTN data Gifting service so that she can contact me and whoever she needs to contact,
They deducted me and the data never arrived. for the past 10 days, i have been calling MTN. one thing or the other.

Their agents always confirm that i was deducted and that the data never arrived but it is the same story everytime, they will refund.;
Why is Nigeria like this? MTN cannot try this in South Africa that they are from

Is NCC sleeping. Consumers are not protected and it is sad how much companies (both foreign and local) exploit the masses

Screen shots attached. I will port to GLO OR ETISALAT but first! i want my credit back.
I dont even want to go into details of how this affected my friend who i convinced to move back to Nigeria to do her NYSC.

See screen shots. despite an sms saying it has been resolved, i did not get the credit neither did she get the data.
We should be able to sue and get major compensation for things like this.

cc : lalasticlala , seun , ishilove, and everybody.

1 Share

Re: Nairalanders Please Help Me Get MTN To Return My CREDIT by Sheflex4real(m): 11:38am On Oct 24, 2015
I know how that feels like,i guess the best you can do is try, which you have, the next thing now is to move on. i taught though.
Re: Nairalanders Please Help Me Get MTN To Return My CREDIT by San2ski(m): 10:07pm On Oct 24, 2015
Nnaa mheen you serious for that babe o. See as you descatter her number shap shap. I no blame you sha. As your gift no reach, somebody else fit try am and the thing go enter. And the dude go come become challenger for your title.
You are a shap boi
Re: Nairalanders Please Help Me Get MTN To Return My CREDIT by Haben1: 8:33am On Oct 25, 2015
if the thing pain you, enter their office go do real madness, I mean real one, they will return it

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders Please Help Me Get MTN To Return My CREDIT by yemi2plus(m): 9:57am On Oct 25, 2015
Dear, call NCC on 622 and relate the problem with them. They will contact MTN on your behalf for faster solution.

NB: It's toll free call.
Re: Nairalanders Please Help Me Get MTN To Return My CREDIT by JideSM: 10:07am On Oct 25, 2015
trendy:
sad sad sad sad sad sad They would deduct my credit unnecessarily, i would be too busy to call and let it slide but they have finally done the thing that would make me port my line but i want my credit back first.

A friend of mine got back to Naija on the 14th of october and she called me because she couldnt seem to get the data . recharge thing done as fast as i could.

So i used the MTN data Gifting service so that she can contact me and whoever she needs to contact,
They deducted me and the data never arrived. for the past 10 days, i have been calling MTN. one thing or the other.

Their agents always confirm that i was deducted and that the data never arrived but it is the same story everytime, they will refund.;
Why is Nigeria like this? MTN cannot try this in South Africa that they are from

Is NCC sleeping. Consumers are not protected and it is sad how much companies (both foreign and local) exploit the masses

Screen shots attached. I will port to GLO OR ETISALAT but first! i want my credit back.
I dont even want to go into details of how this affected my friend who i convinced to move back to Nigeria to do her NYSC.

See screen shots. despite an sms saying it has been resolved, i did not get the credit neither did she get the data.

Hello kindly reply the private message with your phone number for assistance-
Re: Nairalanders Please Help Me Get MTN To Return My CREDIT by Doughyeenbae(f): 10:42am On Oct 25, 2015
Go to their office and scatter everything lol.. It works faster than calling customer care and speaking English these days.

My opinion
Re: Nairalanders Please Help Me Get MTN To Return My CREDIT by HoseaAudu(m): 11:19am On Oct 25, 2015
You have to seek Justice for this fraudulent act by MTN.

This are steps to take:

1. Keep the SMS confirmation of the Transfer.

2.Keep the dates and Time you called the MTN Helpline. They claim to record all calls for quality control purposes. Record of the dates and time will come handy in your defense.

3. Stop all verbally communication with MTN.

4. Write a mail to MTN's email, Twitter handle, Facebook Page. All correspondences should Henceforth be written and documented.

5. Ensure to Copy the MD MTN Nigeria in your mails.

6. if within 24hrs you do not get favourably response, ensure you begin to copy NCC, and CPC in your replies , still copying the MTN Nigeria MD.

7. If after the next 24 Hours you still do not get a favourably response. you will then formally Write to NCC and CPC and put MTN in the copy, stating your complain and what you require from MTN as compensation.

8. With the above correspondence you will then write a hard copy letter to CPC. Ensure to get an acknowledgment copy. At this point You will not be only requesting for the data compensation that was deducted, but all expenses incurred while following up on the refund.

9. Within 7 days CPC will mandate MTN to verify the claim and refund you accordingly.

10. If you are not compensated after the Directive from CPC, you and then institute a law suit against MTN and demand for damages. With all this evidence and correspondence, A lot of lawyers will be begging you for them to file the case.

NCC = Nigeria Communication Commission
CPC = Consumer Protection
Council

trendy:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairalanders Please Help Me Get MTN To Return My CREDIT by demsid(m): 2:08pm On Oct 25, 2015
1 week used tecno camon c8 for sale. Interested buyers should call me on 08087219596. It's still new. U will get everything pack, charger, earpiece receipt. Everything just 22k
Re: Nairalanders Please Help Me Get MTN To Return My CREDIT by DrChukzy(m): 2:21pm On Oct 25, 2015
demsid:
1 week used tecno camon c8 for sale. Interested buyers should call me on 08087219596. It's still new. U will get everything pack, charger, earpiece receipt. Everything just 22k
y u wan sell am after 1 week??

(1) (Reply)

The World First Smartphone With 6GB Of RAM Is Here / Upcoming Infinix Phones 2018 & Specs - Nigeria Kenya Ghana / Gionee P7 Max Launched

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.