Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,207 members, 7,829,320 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:10 AM

Mtn's Promo 419 - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Mtn's Promo 419 (1121 Views)

Fake And Fraudulent Mtn Promo By Scammers Uncovered / Top Online 419 Country Ranking For 2011 / Death Penalty For 419 Scum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mtn's Promo 419 by CrazyMan(m): 6:04pm On May 04, 2009
Hello my dear Nairaalnders.

Please beware of the latest trick dubious people are using to dupe unsuspecting victims.

First they would send you a message with MTN’s number telling you that you have won N1million; they would put a phone number and ask you to call it for claims.

Once you call them, they would tell you to go to spring bank or unity bank with your ATM card; you would log it in and call them; when you call them, they would now ask you to click on cash transfer; they would give you a pin code which is the amount of money you’re transferring to them, and also a security code which is the account number you would be transferring the money into.

The moment you type that pin code and security code and click on proceed, the money atomically disappears from your account to theirs.

They did this to a member of my church yesterday, and duped him over a hundred thousand Naira; that’s why I decided to post it here so that you would all beware.

MTN has even sent text messages to all is valuable customers tell you to ignore fraudulent texts like that.

So open your eyes and beware.

Don't feed this people; if they need money, let them work for it.
Re: Mtn's Promo 419 by felong(m): 9:14am On May 06, 2009
It's true I even recieved a message from mtn warning me not to reply such people. thanks crazykid for enlighting us.
Re: Mtn's Promo 419 by finestboy2(m): 9:18am On May 06, 2009
May God help us in this country
Re: Mtn's Promo 419 by Nignog: 1:48pm On May 17, 2009
whats de diffrence btween unsuspecting victim and suspecting victim?

(1) (Reply)

He Killed Her Cos He Didnt Stop At A Zebra Crossing, Nigerian Drivers Are Mad ! / 57 Year Old Woman Killed By Her Lover After Having Sex With Him / South Africa: Zulu King Bows To Pressure....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.