Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,920 members, 7,952,701 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 09:41 PM

Biafra Group No Threat To Nigeria –gowon - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra Group No Threat To Nigeria –gowon (809 Views)

Implementation Of Confab Report Can Save Nigeria—Gowon / BILIE Emerges As New Biafra Group / There Is Great Danger Ahead For Nigeria, Gowon Warns (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Biafra Group No Threat To Nigeria –gowon by fkaz(m): 3:19pm On Oct 24, 2015

A former Head of State, Gen. Yakubu Gowon (retd.) has said the resurgence of a group claiming to be Pro-Biafra will not in any way pose a threat to the sovereignty of the country.

He added that Nigerians had put the memories of the 1967 civil war behind them, saying the recent activities of the group did not pose a threat to the country as they were only seeking to reintroduce what had long been forgotten.

Thousands of members and supporters of the Movement for the Actualisation of the Sovereign State of Biafra had on Tuesday embarked on a protest in Port Harcourt, the Rivers State capital,
demanding to break away from Nigeria.

And in a swift reaction, governors in the South East and other leaders in the zone had dissociated themselves from the protests, saying they were not in support of the group.

Speaking with Channels TV on Friday during his visit to Nassarawa State, Gowon said he was sure that majority of the Igbo were not part of the group and ts agitations.

He explained that it was in the interest of peace and to avoid hard feelings that the phrase, “No victor, no vanquished” was adopted after the war.

He said, “There is no threat. If there’s any problem like that, just as Boko Haram, Nigeria should deal with it in a mature way. I even wish I could meet some of those young people as a soldier too.

What I saw was what the late Ojukwu saw too. So, it’s not a question of hatred against any tribe but it is about seeking the unity of Nigeria.

“I hope and pray to God that it is only those few that are there and the majority of the Igbo are not with them in that group. Yes, it is a democracy and they can say their views, but let them remember that, with Biafra, it is finished.

“What I saw was true and that’s what my old colleague, Ojukwu saw. It is not because of hatred and that is the reason at the end of the war, in order to make sure there was no hard feelings, that’s why we used the expression: ‘No Victor, no vanquished.”.

http://www.punchng.com/news/biafra-group-no-threat-to-nigeria-gowon-2/
Re: Biafra Group No Threat To Nigeria –gowon by abe4kom: 3:20pm On Oct 24, 2015
Ok we hear.
To you it is behind, to us it is before!

Meanwhile, before you gloat, arrest the threat of the fulani on your middle belt brothers who are being cut down like chickens.

3 Likes

Re: Biafra Group No Threat To Nigeria –gowon by midehi2(f): 3:21pm On Oct 24, 2015
exactly!

1 Like

Re: Biafra Group No Threat To Nigeria –gowon by DickDastardly(m): 3:21pm On Oct 24, 2015
Who asked the dead bone

He should bother more with the Fulani GENOCIDE in his Plateau backyard cool

2 Likes

Re: Biafra Group No Threat To Nigeria –gowon by DickDastardly(m): 3:22pm On Oct 24, 2015
midehi2:
exactly!

Mango head, exactly what

1 Like

Re: Biafra Group No Threat To Nigeria –gowon by midehi2(f): 3:23pm On Oct 24, 2015
DickDastardly:

Mango head, exactly what
see them grin
Re: Biafra Group No Threat To Nigeria –gowon by naijapips02: 3:23pm On Oct 24, 2015
of course, the struggle is DOA. we igbos know that. biafrans are merely lazy street urchins that are in want of what to do.

3 Likes

Re: Biafra Group No Threat To Nigeria –gowon by salisy: 3:29pm On Oct 24, 2015
What is Biafra

1 Like

Re: Biafra Group No Threat To Nigeria –gowon by Nobody: 3:34pm On Oct 24, 2015
biafra is a fraud, there is nothing like igboland or biafraland. yeeebos relax

3 Likes

Re: Biafra Group No Threat To Nigeria –gowon by Nobody: 3:37pm On Oct 24, 2015
Talk by someone ready to kick bucket. Fast fast go and tell God what you did with the opportunities he gave you.
Re: Biafra Group No Threat To Nigeria –gowon by fkaz(m): 3:38pm On Oct 24, 2015
Gowon said he was sure that majority of the Igbo were not part of the group and ts agitations.

#fact

1 Like

Re: Biafra Group No Threat To Nigeria –gowon by Idrismusty97(m): 4:04pm On Oct 24, 2015
We all know it is just an online country. With PDP supporters as majority of its citizens, They can't survive as an opposition party...It is much easier to be a secessionist.
www.nairaland.com/attachments/2994486_8156_jpeg84a9f7394cab6ebf4aede9fd2fe91637

4 Likes

Re: Biafra Group No Threat To Nigeria –gowon by trapQ: 4:10pm On Oct 24, 2015
true., even after biafra screeds then what?? Does it automatically translate to good jobs, good health, good roads, good governance, stable electricity, wealth, revived educational system etc

oh and last I knew, bayelsa, calabar, akwa ibom, etc has no relationship with biafra.

one Nigeria. #letsSpreadLove
Re: Biafra Group No Threat To Nigeria –gowon by agriboom: 4:17pm On Oct 24, 2015
Abeg lets all support this Biafra thing, make we allow person wey wan go make e go na! Na by force?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Ifeoma Onwuka : Narrate Her Bitter Experience With NPF... / I Won’t Spare Looters- Buhari / NPA Pensioners Groan As MD Refuses To Pay 16years Pension Arrears

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.