Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,428 members, 7,812,261 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:52 AM

With Biafra It Is Finished - Gowon - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / With Biafra It Is Finished - Gowon (1126 Views)

Northern Youths Write Osinbajo, Beg Him To Allow Igbo Go With Biafra / Biafra: It Will Be A Sorry Day For Nigeria If Anything Happens To Kanu‎ – Col. J / "With Biafra, It Is Finished" - Gowon {video} (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

With Biafra It Is Finished - Gowon by Noneroone(m): 6:33pm On Oct 24, 2015
Former Head of State, General Yakubu Gowon, has dismissed threat of Nigeria’s unity as he also said that with Biafra it is finished and

General Yakubu Gowon made this statement recently in reaction to the resent protests by some youths.

He said that Nigerians have put behind them the bad memories of the 1967 civil war, and that those behind these protests on Biafra don’t have an inkling what the Biafra war cost Nigerians.

The elder statesman speaking in Lafia, the Nasarwa State capital shortly after a malaria eradication campaign questioned that ‘do they want us to go to another war? but hoped and I prayed to God that such should not happen.’

He went further to say that those involved in this campaign were being driven by just a few people and that majority of the Igbo people do not share the same view.

‘It is only them, the few, that are there but the majority of the Igbo people that I know are not with them’

Acceding to the fact that the protesters have the right to express their feelings he stated “with Biafra it is finished”.

He said these people ‘let them say their views, yes it democracy but let s make sure they can express their wishes and desires but let them remember with Biafra it is finished. it is not a threat’

He further said that keeping Nigeria one was behind all that he did and not for hatred for the Igbo as that was what Odumegwu Ojukwu also stood for.

All I did is not a result of hatred against the Igbos but on the principle of keeping Nigeria one and this is all we are trying to do and that was why at the end of the war in other to see that there is no heard feeling we used the term no victor no vanquished

I have said if there is anything of this sort anywhere in any part of the country just like the problem of Boko Haram we should deal with it, Nigeria should deal with it in matured way .

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/10/with-biafra-it-is-finished-says-gowon/

lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: With Biafra It Is Finished - Gowon by nairalandmaster(f): 6:34pm On Oct 24, 2015
nice one op. keep it up
Re: With Biafra It Is Finished - Gowon by kossyablaze(m): 6:36pm On Oct 24, 2015
Ok

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: With Biafra It Is Finished - Gowon by Noneroone(m): 6:38pm On Oct 24, 2015
General Gowon, an elder statesman said majority of Igbos didnt support the protest while chief Emeka Anyoku Another elder statesman advocated for a return to regionalism that same day.

I hope we now know where Nigeria is heading to.
Re: With Biafra It Is Finished - Gowon by modath(f): 6:39pm On Oct 24, 2015
He said these people ‘let them say their views, yes it democracy but let s make sure they can express their wishes and desires but let them remember with Biafra it is finished. it is not a threat’

No comment, just here to laugh at hollow threats, tantrums & name calling..... grin cheesy grin
Re: With Biafra It Is Finished - Gowon by jesse8048(m): 6:40pm On Oct 24, 2015
I no understand dis man, someone explain pls.
Re: With Biafra It Is Finished - Gowon by Winna01(m): 6:42pm On Oct 24, 2015
with Biafra it is finished. Meaning?
Re: With Biafra It Is Finished - Gowon by nnachukz(m): 6:43pm On Oct 24, 2015
No! Niger delta oil was behind all you did. Only God will judge us all.
Re: With Biafra It Is Finished - Gowon by menix(m): 6:45pm On Oct 24, 2015
Winna01:
with Biafra it is finished. Meaning?

Meaning he will die soon..

1 Like

Re: With Biafra It Is Finished - Gowon by nnachukz(m): 6:46pm On Oct 24, 2015
With Biafra, Nigeria is finished. Is that what he mean?
Re: With Biafra It Is Finished - Gowon by PassingShot(m): 6:49pm On Oct 24, 2015
The only way Biafra is achievable is:

1. All Igbo leaders of note to support it and lend their voice through all main Igbo leadership grp such as Ohaneze Ndigbo and the rest.

2. Recall all Igbo reps and senators from NASS

3. Recall all Ibos from across Nigeria to the SE region.

4. Do a referendum on whether to secede or not.

5. Present the result (hopefully positively disposed to secession) to Nigeria and UN.

Before long, Nigeria will have no choice than to allow Biafra be. It can NEVER be achieved through the senseless campaign of hate and treason against the nation.

I personally like the Igbos to have their country. Hausas and Fulanis have their country. And Yorubas have their own seperate country. But this approach of Kanu is very childish, barbaric, crude and potentially destructive at best. NOTHING will come out of it.

6 Likes 6 Shares

Re: With Biafra It Is Finished - Gowon by akinsbaba2015: 6:49pm On Oct 24, 2015
nnachukz:
No! Niger delta oil was behind all you did. Only God will judge us all.
. You folks talk about the oil as if it's just the well water at your backward. Who discovered oil in commercial quantities? The Nigerian state, who invested in the Nigerian Oil Corporation with other JV partners towards ensuring the sale of crude oil in exchange for national revenue. Please all this rubbish must stop.

1 Like

Re: With Biafra It Is Finished - Gowon by Khd95(m): 6:52pm On Oct 24, 2015
Anoda tribal battlefiedgringringrin

*spreads local yoruba mats*

1 Like

Re: With Biafra It Is Finished - Gowon by 3kay945(m): 7:01pm On Oct 24, 2015
I was here. Hope to get back when it get hot.

1 Like

Re: With Biafra It Is Finished - Gowon by Vicotex(m): 7:25pm On Oct 24, 2015
With BIAFRA nigeria is finished. Mehn, i feel like going full tribalistic.
#biafra must come

1 Like 1 Share

Re: With Biafra It Is Finished - Gowon by Blizzy9ja: 7:44pm On Oct 24, 2015
akinsbaba2015:
. You folks talk about the oil as if it's just the well water at your backward. Who discovered oil in commercial quantities? The Nigerian state, who invested in the Nigerian Oil Corporation with other JV partners towards ensuring the sale of crude oil in exchange for national revenue. Please all this rubbish must stop.
Na who send them... We all know the only thing keeping this forced union called Nigeria is the oil
I have sampled opinion from a cross section of people from the SS and the SE and about 70% want out while the other 30% are indifferent or afraid to speak their mind for fear of intimidation.

Nobody has really given any concrete reason why Nigeria should remain together.

We are not one!
Re: With Biafra It Is Finished - Gowon by Naijacitizen(m): 7:58pm On Oct 24, 2015
Ticket to enter tribal war show.

Hey! Mai sugarcane, cut me a piece of N50.
Re: With Biafra It Is Finished - Gowon by blonker1: 8:13pm On Oct 24, 2015
Baba Gowan should know that time have time,this fight is our children and children children.
Re: With Biafra It Is Finished - Gowon by Nobody: 8:51pm On Oct 24, 2015
Baba I taught u where invited to chair a campaign against malaria why are u reminding us our past again.spits strolls out of this thread

(1) (Reply)

WIKE: There Is A Gang Up To Wrestle Power From Me Through Back Door / The Evils Of 'BVN' Number / Akwa Ibom State Governor, Mr. Udom Emmanuel Administering Oath Of Office To The

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.