Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,733 members, 7,824,066 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:50 PM

MUST READ!!! What Ooni Told Me About The Yoruba Race Before He Died – Obasanjo - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / MUST READ!!! What Ooni Told Me About The Yoruba Race Before He Died – Obasanjo (517 Views)

Sophia Momodu Mourns DJ Olu Abiodun: “I Don’t Understand How He Died In A Car!” / Adunoluwa Farombi, Moji Olaiya’s Daughter: "What My Mother Told Me Day She Died" / See What Ooni Of Ife’s Wife Was Spotted Doing In Lagos (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

MUST READ!!! What Ooni Told Me About The Yoruba Race Before He Died – Obasanjo by judesuper(f): 9:04pm On Oct 24, 2015
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo has appealed to the kingmakers of Ile-Ife to follow strictly, the laid down rules and procedures for the appointment and selection of the new Ooni following the demise of Oba Okunade Sijuwade.
Chief Obasanjo made the appeal when he visited the kingmakers at the Ooni’s palace on Friday, to commiserate with the chiefs and the people of Ife over the death of their king.
“I was here in this palace ten days before the demise of kabiyesi and he told me how the Yoruba race is margnalised in the scheme of things. He also told me to ensure that the Yoruba race got its own share of things in the country,” he said. He, therefore asked the kingmakers to be careful about the choice of the person that would occupy the stool saying that late Sijuwade while occupying the stool has taken the seat of Ooni beyond Africa.
The Obalufe of Ife, Gabriel Omisakin who received Obasanjo on behalf of other chiefs assured the former president the choice of the new Ooni would not lead to any crises.
He promised that the kingmakers would ensure that diligent, due process for the selection of new Ooni would be carried out to ensure that whoever emerge is the choice of the people.
Re: MUST READ!!! What Ooni Told Me About The Yoruba Race Before He Died – Obasanjo by Oppypoppy: 9:11pm On Oct 24, 2015
Ok..
Re: MUST READ!!! What Ooni Told Me About The Yoruba Race Before He Died – Obasanjo by cosby02(m): 9:17pm On Oct 24, 2015
Seen
Re: MUST READ!!! What Ooni Told Me About The Yoruba Race Before He Died – Obasanjo by xpac01(m): 9:42pm On Oct 24, 2015
Please baba allow kabiyesi to rest in peace. Stop lying against him..

(1) (Reply)

[OFFICIAL VIDEO] Kcee, Harrysong & Skiibii – “ebaeno” (5star Music) / Bryan Okwara Celebrates His 30th Birthday Today / BN Pick Your Fave: Genevieve Nnaji & Lola Rae In CLAN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.