Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,023 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:35 AM

What Every Nigerian Graduate Should Do - In Pictures - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What Every Nigerian Graduate Should Do - In Pictures (5446 Views)

22-yr-old First Class Nigerian Graduate Takes To Twitter To Beg For Employment / 5 Practical Lessons For Every Nigerian Graduate. / 10 Things A Graduate Should Do While Waiting For A Good Job Offer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Every Nigerian Graduate Should Do - In Pictures by unofficial(m): 9:09pm On Oct 24, 2015
Hi,

I know this might be a little controversial, but there is wisdom in it. I hope you get that wisdom.

Re: What Every Nigerian Graduate Should Do - In Pictures by francoray(m): 9:17pm On Oct 24, 2015
Pinshure nko or idonbilivit
Re: What Every Nigerian Graduate Should Do - In Pictures by unofficial(m): 9:25pm On Oct 24, 2015

Re: What Every Nigerian Graduate Should Do - In Pictures by unofficial(m): 9:26pm On Oct 24, 2015

Re: What Every Nigerian Graduate Should Do - In Pictures by unofficial(m): 9:28pm On Oct 24, 2015

Re: What Every Nigerian Graduate Should Do - In Pictures by unofficial(m): 9:31pm On Oct 24, 2015

Re: What Every Nigerian Graduate Should Do - In Pictures by saxwizard(m): 9:31pm On Oct 24, 2015
shocked
Re: What Every Nigerian Graduate Should Do - In Pictures by unofficial(m): 9:34pm On Oct 24, 2015

1 Like

Re: What Every Nigerian Graduate Should Do - In Pictures by xpac01(m): 9:39pm On Oct 24, 2015
Make sense sha. A beautiful concept but it take huge patience to stick to the advice.

2 Likes

Re: What Every Nigerian Graduate Should Do - In Pictures by serendipityF: 10:02pm On Oct 24, 2015
Na wa ooo...it is well with us
Re: What Every Nigerian Graduate Should Do - In Pictures by Lobolintin(m): 10:22pm On Oct 24, 2015
Abeg who go pay me make I give u job now now

1 Like

Re: What Every Nigerian Graduate Should Do - In Pictures by Nobody: 3:47am On Oct 25, 2015
Fantastic; OP U a Gem; thanks for this invaluable admonition; I only wish they listen

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Every Nigerian Graduate Should Do - In Pictures by eaglejay13(m): 6:40am On Oct 25, 2015
Invaluable information, wish I knew this 3 yrs before now.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Every Nigerian Graduate Should Do - In Pictures by Dfinex(f): 7:57am On Oct 25, 2015
Now.. This op is making a whole lot of brain..... Thanks man, great advice

2 Likes

Re: What Every Nigerian Graduate Should Do - In Pictures by macaranta(m): 7:59am On Oct 25, 2015
Ok...So how does someone without income pay someone to have an income?

13 Likes

Re: What Every Nigerian Graduate Should Do - In Pictures by Dynamitechick(f): 8:21am On Oct 25, 2015
Chop some imaginary kisses kiss kiss

Some might not be so applicable tho...
Re: What Every Nigerian Graduate Should Do - In Pictures by Joeace3000(m): 8:28am On Oct 25, 2015
What Nigerian graduates need is

1. Develop skills.
2. Start a business.

But for those who still enjoy running after these companies who are setting stiffer requirements by the day. Good luck. For those who want to become their bosses and move above mediocrity please read this

If you are a student, young school leaver searching for jobs, or you are tired of switching jobs or have no skill at all and want to develop skills that can fetch you money today, then visit my my Nairaland fiverr free training thread where you can come in to learn how to join fiverr and offer 5 Hot, In-demand Services as well as developing the skills needed not only to make money monthly working online on fiverr but offline as a workplace skill you can start a business with or use to boost your resume and job chances. Ain't that cool?

The thread is a well explained step by step guide along with images to help you grasp what you need to do. to help you get started today

There are very easy ways of making it through the internet, you just have to find the safest and surest way, and this one beckons. follow me now...

The Nairaland Fiverr Free Training Thread
Re: What Every Nigerian Graduate Should Do - In Pictures by Resilience: 8:33am On Oct 25, 2015
This article has some sense cos employers tend to look at a prospective employees skill.
Re: What Every Nigerian Graduate Should Do - In Pictures by Cutehector(m): 8:56am On Oct 25, 2015
Raymondenyi:
Fantastic; OP U a Gem; thanks for this invaluable admonition; I only wish they listen
show me any volunteer job in d industry and I will gladly be wiiling to work for it.
Re: What Every Nigerian Graduate Should Do - In Pictures by Cutehector(m): 8:58am On Oct 25, 2015
macaranta:
Ok...So how does someone without income pay someone to have an income?
lol dnt u read? U can pay with ur skill and ur time.... Not necessarily money
Re: What Every Nigerian Graduate Should Do - In Pictures by Beesluv: 9:10am On Oct 25, 2015
Good, fp loading.

Btw, how can I change my NL password, pls?
Re: What Every Nigerian Graduate Should Do - In Pictures by MVLOX(m): 9:58am On Oct 25, 2015
This is so so True....... am currently a 300l student of a federal university currently doing my IT.......I may be a 3rd class student but wat am currently learning at my place of IT is making me more popular and the most envied guy in my dept........the bottom line is dat skills have the greater advantage over sch knowledge and the certificate......... afta my IT I plan on going freelance and starting up small........no time to waste

1 Like

Re: What Every Nigerian Graduate Should Do - In Pictures by Ekpekus(m): 10:04am On Oct 25, 2015
Front page material!
Volunteer job is scarce nevertheless one must make a move on them.
Thanks Op for the paradigm post
Re: What Every Nigerian Graduate Should Do - In Pictures by missKiffy(f): 10:18am On Oct 25, 2015
Ok
Re: What Every Nigerian Graduate Should Do - In Pictures by estanoni: 11:10am On Oct 25, 2015
Rather than pay the company, I know most decent companies may see that as exploiting, I suggest you offer to work without pay. At least with that you only need to finance your transportation and feeding for the period

I have a first hand experience of these. Years ago while studying to be a medical laboratory scientists, during breaks I approach big hospitals and laboratory to work without pay.

The first lab I worked did not give me any pay but the experience I gather so assisted me in my education I got an academic award plus good grades.

After my education while waiting for NYSC, I approached a bigger hospital and quoted my experience from the other lab, I was given a temp job with no salary, but little allowance, free lunch tickets and I got free ride from work by joining other staffs or company bus.

Try this and you will get the skill, experience and ultimately the Job.

How will it be if you have a degree in Education and you approach a school to teach without pay?
A degree in business or accounting and you approach an audit firm or organization?
Etc

Don't think the Job is waiting for you, you approach the Job and show your competence.

I wish you well.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Every Nigerian Graduate Should Do - In Pictures by Manweysabi(m): 11:12am On Oct 25, 2015
Thumbs up
Re: What Every Nigerian Graduate Should Do - In Pictures by Nature129(m): 11:39am On Oct 25, 2015
I have no idea where you got this concept from, but I think it's trashy! Now, what is the essence doing industrial attachment if not for practical industrial skills?

Well, I don't subscribe to this idea at all. Some parents sold their lands to send their children to school, and after graduating instead of these graduates appreciating their parents for their efforts, you are here suggesting they should still pay again to acquire knowledge in the industry. And where will the money come from?

This is BAD idea. For me, our schools have failed us. They ought to start teaching us how to be self employed, right from the day we got admission, and how to generate capital for biz after school and not saying if you don't make upper credit or first class you are finished.

Please don't corrupt the minds of CEOs on this platform with this stupid idea so that they are not compelled to slash the salaries of their workers.
Re: What Every Nigerian Graduate Should Do - In Pictures by Donmichaelz(m): 11:41am On Oct 25, 2015
OK ,,,,I like threads like dis,its educational,motivational,inspiring, nice one op ,,,I appreciate you kind Lobopatia in these .
Re: What Every Nigerian Graduate Should Do - In Pictures by Doughyeenbae(f): 11:50am On Oct 25, 2015
I am still an undergraduate.. The op is right on spot
Re: What Every Nigerian Graduate Should Do - In Pictures by macaranta(m): 12:03pm On Oct 25, 2015
Cutehector:
lol dnt u read? U can pay with ur skill and ur time.... Not necessarily money

Dude,I skimmed through ...its generally a good concept but will work well for someone without pressing financial obligations(dependants ,bills,etc)
Also in Engineering ,it's not ideal taking this route ,there are safety and insurance concerns e.g because you are inexperienced you sustain permanent injuries carrying out some tasks,you have no entitlements be it medical or legal claims since you didn't really sign any terms of service documents.
Also personally I feel this trend should not be encouraged as we know how Nigerian Employers could start abusing the whole thing,a good example is NYSC,some schools and organizations are run solely on Corp members ,since theyve tasted free labour going back to paid labor is largely not in their agenda.
So in the long run the acceptability of volunteer worker package will hurt the labor market as most employers will opt for free workers.

However a properly structured paid graduate internship is good.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Every Nigerian Graduate Should Do - In Pictures by Cutehector(m): 12:09pm On Oct 25, 2015
macaranta:

Dude,I skimmed through ...its generally a good concept but will work well for someone without pressing financial obligations(dependants ,bills,etc)
Also in Engineering ,it's not ideal taking this route ,there are safety and insurance concerns e.g because you are inexperienced you sustain permanent injuries carrying out some tasks,you have no entitlements be it medical or legal claims since you didn't really sign any terms of service documents.
Also personally I feel this trend should not be encouraged as we know how Nigerian Employers could start abusing the whole thing,a good example is NYSC,some schools and organizations are run solely on Corp members ,since theyve tasted free labour going back to paid labor is largely not in their agenda.
So in the long run the acceptability of volunteer worker package will hurt the labor market as most employers will opt for free workers.

However a properly structured paid graduate internship is good.
you are very right.. Most employers will take advantage of the volunteer thing....

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

NIA RECRUITMENT / Dpr Test Holds On June 12th ',2010 / Dragnet Nestle Test

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.