Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,958 members, 7,817,817 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:17 PM

Biafra: Count Us Out Of Self-determination Move —enugu Igbo Leaders - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra: Count Us Out Of Self-determination Move —enugu Igbo Leaders (5530 Views)

Igbo Leaders & Hamza Almustapha Meet Prof Ango Abdullahi (Photos) / Count Us Out Of Biafra, Itsekiri Tell IPOB, MASSOB / Count us out, South-South tells Biafra agitators. Source: Vanguard Newspaper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Biafra: Count Us Out Of Self-determination Move —enugu Igbo Leaders by HungerBAD: 1:57am On Oct 25, 2015
BY FRANCIS IGATA

Igbo leaders appear divided over the government move against Radio Biafra Director,Nnamdi Kanu Nnamdi’s lawyer,Mr. Egechukwu Obetta, told Sunday Vanguard on the phone, last Wednesday, that the DSS has not granted him access to his client who is also the leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra,IPOD, despite a court order allowing him access to his lawyer and physician.

The magistrate court before which he was arraigned had granted Kanu bail last Monday in the sum of N2 million with a surety (civil servant) of grade level 16 in like sum.

President General, apex Igbo socio-cultural group,Ohanaeze Ndigbo, Chief Gary Enwo-Igariwey, when contacted on the phone,declined comments on the self-determination movement, saying, “I am at the airport on my way to South-Africa. The issue is a very sensitive one. I do not want to make casual statements on it. I will be back next week”.

A former Secretary General of Ohanaeze Ndigbo,Chief Nduka Eya, echoed the same sentiment to Sunday Vanguard.

Eya said: “The young people who were born after and during the civil war do not know the history of Nigeria. The civil war between Nigeria and Biafra ended in 1970. We are now a sovereign state of Nigeria.

“But there is nothing wrong if a group agitates for a state but you cannot do so by confrontation in a sovereign state of Nigeria. It is treason. Biafra ended with the civil war in 1970. The Federal Government should detain and charge him(Nnamdi) for treason. I am an Igbo man and a Nigerian. You cannot be agitating for a state within Nigeria adopting confrontation.

“When the leader of the Movement for the Actualization of Sovereign State of Biafra,MASSOB,Chief Ralph Uwazuruike’s mother died,I was then the Secretary General of Onahaeze and pleaded for his release from detention to enable him bury his mother.

“I was among a private delegation, led by the late Senator Uche Chukwumerije, to Uwazuruike. We told Uwazuruike that `you cannot be talking of a sovereign Biafra inside a sovereign Nigeria’. Nnamdi should be charged for treason but his undue detention without charge cannot be supported.”

Another pan-Igbo group,Enugu Unity Forum,EUF,frowned at any move to secede without employing constitutional means, adding that such confrontation will amount to treason.

President,EUF,Chief Tahil Ochil, said, “The law should take its course. It is not a criminal case and as such is bailable. He should not be detained more than the law prescribes. The Biafra struggle should not be confrontational. They should follow the dictates of the law. They should look at how Sudan broke up. As an Igbo man,I will be part of struggle if it is done constitutionally. But if it is done by force,I cannot be part of it.

“The Nigerian government should look at why agitations are rife from the North to South-west and South-south/South-east. They should go back to the National Conference report which addressed these issues that trigger ethnic unrest. Apart from Biafra,the Yoruba, through Odua people, are calling for their our state. The Boko-Haram issue in the North is a call by the northerners for secession. The Federal Government should implement the Confab report which addressed the injustices plaguing the nation.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/10/biafra-count-us-out-of-self-determination-move-enugu-igbo-leaders/

10 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Biafra: Count Us Out Of Self-determination Move —enugu Igbo Leaders by braine(m): 1:59am On Oct 25, 2015
Good move.

10 Likes

Re: Biafra: Count Us Out Of Self-determination Move —enugu Igbo Leaders by defemidefemi(m): 2:16am On Oct 25, 2015
it's those dat didn't see d civil war dat ar asking for Biafra, if u see war u will run, go ask ojukwu. the young kalu will run away leaving many of u to suffer but u won't just listen now. if u want Biafra u av delegates representing u at d senate level who can speak 4 u.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra: Count Us Out Of Self-determination Move —enugu Igbo Leaders by mensdept: 2:20am On Oct 25, 2015
All those groups above are looking to eat thats all

8 Likes

Re: Biafra: Count Us Out Of Self-determination Move —enugu Igbo Leaders by Yeske2(m): 2:24am On Oct 25, 2015
Was this not what we were telling IPOB members to please rein it into Nnamdi Kalu's skull that he's only being divisive with his approach to Biafra but they won't listen.
I'm sure so many members are disappointed because Onitsha and Aba are peaceful even after the arrest of their director.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biafra: Count Us Out Of Self-determination Move —enugu Igbo Leaders by madridguy(m): 2:35am On Oct 25, 2015
hinwazaka , dotG , Bitterleafsoup , SeverusSnape , oya make una wake up sharp sharp Nnamdi Kanu don dey go inbox. Its seems everybody dey discharge Kanu at the jungle dey mature more. I am yet to see any real protest by the Nnamdi Kanu fans nairaland chapter. Oya every abobaku of Nnamdi should start falling the zoo down as you all have been fumbling. Kanu OYO you dey.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra: Count Us Out Of Self-determination Move —enugu Igbo Leaders by Obiagu1(m): 2:43am On Oct 25, 2015
False title that is meant to deceive.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biafra: Count Us Out Of Self-determination Move —enugu Igbo Leaders by menix(m): 2:47am On Oct 25, 2015
Envelope journalism..

Biafra is not negotiable, am off to sharpen my knife...

Igwebuike...

12 Likes

Re: Biafra: Count Us Out Of Self-determination Move —enugu Igbo Leaders by IlekeHD: 2:48am On Oct 25, 2015
Who cares lol.

#Biafra is just another #Bringbackourgirls noise. A distractive tool.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra: Count Us Out Of Self-determination Move —enugu Igbo Leaders by basilo101: 2:56am On Oct 25, 2015
Wrong title

6 Likes

Re: Biafra: Count Us Out Of Self-determination Move —enugu Igbo Leaders by madridguy(m): 3:23am On Oct 25, 2015
Haaa knife abi shovel ? My guy cool down life sweet well well oooo and I won't advise you to toy with yours. Let Nnamdi Kanu enjoy small inside DSS custody so his brain can be back to normal. Too many comfort in London don spoil his sense or reasoning. Make they teach him small leason. So keep your knife till december and use it to kill your Xmas chicken. My cent.

menix:
Envelope journalism..

Biafra is not negotiable, am off to sharpen my knife...

Igwebuike...

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Biafra: Count Us Out Of Self-determination Move —enugu Igbo Leaders by Emilokoiyawon: 4:40am On Oct 25, 2015
cool
Re: Biafra: Count Us Out Of Self-determination Move —enugu Igbo Leaders by QuotaSystem: 4:54am On Oct 25, 2015
Unfortunately it's not working as Buhari has been ignoring them like a bad habit.

Nnamdi Kanu is going down for treason.

IlekeHD:
Who cares lol.

#Biafra is just another #Bringbackourgirls noise. A distractive tool.

20 Likes

Re: Biafra: Count Us Out Of Self-determination Move —enugu Igbo Leaders by Warlord3000(m): 4:59am On Oct 25, 2015
Headaches again... Gosh..

Tiring already
Re: Biafra: Count Us Out Of Self-determination Move —enugu Igbo Leaders by Nobody: 5:14am On Oct 25, 2015
let Biafra come, not through war please.

4 Likes

Re: Biafra: Count Us Out Of Self-determination Move —enugu Igbo Leaders by IlekeHD: 5:15am On Oct 25, 2015
QuotaSystem:
Unfortunately it's not working as Buhari has been ignoring them like a bad habit.

Don't mind those lazy morafuckers. They will soon tire themselves or turn into another boko haram lunatic. At the end of it all, they'll be destroying their own region.

17 Likes

Re: Biafra: Count Us Out Of Self-determination Move —enugu Igbo Leaders by cocoduck: 5:17am On Oct 25, 2015
QuotaSystem:

you and I know very well you are telling lies

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Count Us Out Of Self-determination Move —enugu Igbo Leaders by cocoduck: 5:19am On Oct 25, 2015
just like in Congo when Belgians were forming political parties everyday just to create confusion among congolese

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Count Us Out Of Self-determination Move —enugu Igbo Leaders by QuotaSystem: 5:27am On Oct 25, 2015
Refer to Nigerian Criminal Code Act 1990 (subsection 42) (note the word 'advises'). This is why Nnamdi Kanu will rot in jail if tried and found guilty of treasonable felony.

cocoduck:

you and I know very well you are telling lies

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra: Count Us Out Of Self-determination Move —enugu Igbo Leaders by cocoduck: 5:42am On Oct 25, 2015
QuotaSystem:
Refer to Nigerian Criminal Code Act 1990 (subsection 42) (note the word 'advises'). This is why Nnamdi Kanu will rot in jail if tried and found guilty of treasonable felony.

Wait so what exactly are Nnamdi's crimes? I have read and re read but there is nothing I can lay my hands on, i know buhari can jail him, but is that the end? okay Nigeria becomes the new USA? jokers
Re: Biafra: Count Us Out Of Self-determination Move —enugu Igbo Leaders by QuotaSystem: 5:53am On Oct 25, 2015
No, Buhari will prosecute him fairly and jail him accordingly for confronting the Nigerian state and advising a violent secession, while advocating and encouraging attacks on Yoruba pastors and Hausas. These are things I heard personally on RB and not told, and they will definitely be used to try him when he is arraigned.

Check subsection 42 and carefully note the word 'advises'.

cocoduck:

Wait so what exactly are Nnamdi's crimes? I have read and re read but there is nothing I can lay my hands on, i know buhari can jail him, but is that the end? okay Nigeria becomes the new USA? jokers

17 Likes

Re: Biafra: Count Us Out Of Self-determination Move —enugu Igbo Leaders by cocoduck: 6:08am On Oct 25, 2015
QuotaSystem:
No, Buhari will prosecute him fairly and jail him accordingly for confronting the Nigerian state and advising a violent secession, while advocating and encouraging attacks on Yoruba pastors and Hausas. These are things I heard personally on RB and not told, and they will definitely be used to try him when he is arraigned.

Check subsection 42 and carefully note the word 'advises'.

the question is this, did he physically confront Nigeria? or is buhari just like other hypocrites hiding something? One thing I am happy for is that this dinosaur will soon kick the bucket.

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: Count Us Out Of Self-determination Move —enugu Igbo Leaders by omenka(m): 6:25am On Oct 25, 2015
“But there is nothing wrong if a group
agitates for a state but you
cannot do
so by confrontation in a sovereign state
of Nigeria. It is treason.
Biafra ended
with the civil war in 1970.

The Federal
Government should detain and charge
him(Nnamdi) for treason. I am an Igbo
man and a Nigerian. You cannot be
agitating for a state within Nigeria
adopting confrontation.
Isn't this what we have ALWAYS insisted on here?? You cannot seek to create a state by being confrontational and threatening to kill and destroy anyone opposed to your mode of agitation, disrupt and destroy social order- you do so by meticulous lobbying through recognised channels.

Every single day you threaten to destroy the "zoo", you give the government ultimatums with dire consequences upon violation and think that is what is gonna give you your country?? There is even a World Indigenous People's Games organised by UNDP currently being held in Brazil- do these Ipobians even know about it?? Isn't that a good platform to draw the attention of United Nations to your plight.

Nnamdi, just as the man said, would be tried for treason and jailed if found guilty and there is nothing anyone would do about it.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra: Count Us Out Of Self-determination Move —enugu Igbo Leaders by Nobody: 6:31am On Oct 25, 2015
Hypocrisy is when Buhari supports the independence of Palestinians but arrests Nnamdi Kanu for clamouring for Biafra

3 Likes

Re: Biafra: Count Us Out Of Self-determination Move —enugu Igbo Leaders by Nobody: 6:32am On Oct 25, 2015
Nnamdi kanu, as much as I hate him, the guy is almost becoming a hero. Please Nigeria, let my people go. Let them have Biafra.

Or let's have a confederation of six country's representing the six geopolitical zones.

Looking ahead, I am not seeing hope for Nigeria. It all look bleak and dark. Some selected few are piling wealth for their unborn great great grandchildren....

And the trend is not showing any sign of stopping soon. I give up on Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Count Us Out Of Self-determination Move —enugu Igbo Leaders by Nobody: 6:33am On Oct 25, 2015
omenka:
agitates for a state but you cannot do
of Nigeria. It is treason. Biafra ended
with the civil war in 1970. The Federal
adopting confrontation.

I hate the guy too no doubt, but deep down, deep down, I hope he succeeds and am sure u do too
Re: Biafra: Count Us Out Of Self-determination Move —enugu Igbo Leaders by Nobody: 6:35am On Oct 25, 2015
omenka:
agitates for a state but you cannot do
of Nigeria. It is treason. Biafra ended
with the civil war in 1970. The Federal
adopting confrontation.
when did he physical confront Nigeria ? Was he or any Ipob member caught with a weapon ? When will buhari arrest Shekau?

6 Likes

Re: Biafra: Count Us Out Of Self-determination Move —enugu Igbo Leaders by Omololu007(m): 6:58am On Oct 25, 2015
Euro31:
when did he physical confront Nigeria ? Was he or any Ipob member caught with a weapon ? When will buhari arrest Shekau?
Another pan-Igbo group,Enugu Unity Forum,EUF,frowned at any move to secede without employing constitutional means, adding that such confrontation will amount to treason.

7 Likes

Re: Biafra: Count Us Out Of Self-determination Move —enugu Igbo Leaders by cocoduck: 7:03am On Oct 25, 2015
Omololu007:
just like in Congo when Belgians were forming political parties everyday just to create confusion among congolese
Re: Biafra: Count Us Out Of Self-determination Move —enugu Igbo Leaders by Edygrin(m): 7:06am On Oct 25, 2015
The Igbos are not even united for this Biafra thing and some of them are trying to drag the south-south with them. Get your people to support you first before trying to drag another region with you

6 Likes

Re: Biafra: Count Us Out Of Self-determination Move —enugu Igbo Leaders by cocoduck: 7:10am On Oct 25, 2015
Edygrin:
The Igbos are not even united for this Biafra thing and some of them are trying to drag the south-south with them. Get your people to support you first before trying to drag another region with you
Re: Biafra: Count Us Out Of Self-determination Move —enugu Igbo Leaders by Omololu007(m): 7:14am On Oct 25, 2015
cocoduck:
so nah the APC federal led government create the Enugu Unity Forum and massob grin

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Natural Supplement To Reverse Diabetes. / ANN "Expels" Former Chairman And Deputy, Ratify Alliance With People's Trust / 70 Political Parties Reject Apc’s Call For Removal Of Enugu REC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.