Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,583 members, 7,823,524 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:20 AM

Lagos To Accra By Air. . . Please Advise! - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos To Accra By Air. . . Please Advise! (2448 Views)

Akeredolu Launches Lagos-Akure Route By Air Peace (Photos) / Arik Air Please Refund My Money, Its Over 40 Days Now! / Mistakes Made By First Timers Travelling By Air (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos To Accra By Air. . . Please Advise! by Nobody: 4:06am On Oct 25, 2015
Please give suggestions on best airline to travel with and their costs. Nice suggestions on affordable hotels/ cost of apartments in Accra would also be appreciated. . .

I already know a bit about Ghanaian food like kenke, LOL so that one is settled grin

Thank you!
Re: Lagos To Accra By Air. . . Please Advise! by bigtt76(f): 7:00am On Oct 25, 2015
Aero seem the cheapest from the lot including Arik Air and Med-View.

I terms of accommodation, there are plenty good ones your decision hold be guided by your mission in Ghana.

Always chose a hotel or accommodation closest to your destination while in Ghana becos traffic hold up there is real and taxi fares are on the high side.

All the best and enjoy your stay.

nairalandist:
Please give suggestions on best airline to travel with and their costs. Nice suggestions on affordable hotels/ cost of apartments in Accra would also be appreciated. . .
I already know a bit about Ghanaian food like kenke, LOL so that one is settled grin
Thank you!
Re: Lagos To Accra By Air. . . Please Advise! by laplace(m): 8:55am On Oct 25, 2015
Different local and regional airlines ply Accra-Lagos-Accra route and your best bets are based on a couple of factors. Some of the airlines are: Arik, Aero Contractors, Medview, Starbow. The most consistent, most reliable and cheapest choice I've found travelling to and fro Accra almost every week in the last 2 years is Medview. However, Arik Air is definitely still one of the best in West Africa. If your purse isn't unlimited and you're looking for value for money and not some aesthetics, fly Medview and you'll be fine for less than N30,000.

For food, Nigerian foods and restaurants are very popular. My best restaurant is D-Den owned by a Nigerian and located beside Stephen Appiah's House on Mensah Wood Street at East Legon, Accra. They serve very good food and deliver also. Each meal costs around 20 GhC. D-Den is also a great place for meetings and relaxation and you'll meet a lot of Nigerians there (including celebs).

For accommodation, Ghanaian hotels are among the most expensive in West Africa and you need to look well before you make a choice. If you've got good money and want a treat, I'll recommend Fiesta Residences at Fifth Avenue, Cantonments (close to the embassies) where they charge $204 per night. Their beds are the best I've slept on and the pool and choice of wine is great. If you want to be closer to the airport, Oak Plaza Hotel on Spintex Road is also a good choice but the facilities are becoming old.

Generally, you'll have a great time in Accra. Ask questions! Lots of Nigerians live in Ghana but most are there for the wrong reasons so be aware of stereotypes. I wish you a great time

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Accra By Air. . . Please Advise! by Nobody: 4:01pm On Oct 25, 2015
@laplace

Nice piece of info there... I've compared flight prices and I can see that Medview is one of the most affordable, although I might eventually opt for Arik. wink

I might be staying longer than a couple of weeks so I don't know the cost of accomodation apart from hotel, somewhere I can experience the true Accra, but still decent enough?

What are the dos and donts in Accra, the says and don't says?

Thanks!!!
Re: Lagos To Accra By Air. . . Please Advise! by laplace(m): 8:55pm On Oct 25, 2015
Ghana is a country of 3 cities/towns - Accra, Kumasi, Takoradi. Accra is the biggest and the commercial nerve centre of Ghana; it's the capital city and most companies have their headquarters (Some companies even have their West African head offices) in Accra. Accra is a saner Lagos but not as sane as Abuja. There's traffic but definitely not as heavy as Lagos' and not as light as Abuja's. There are different districts/areas in Accra and each area comes with its price tag. There are areas such as Cantonments, Dzorwulu (compared to Lagos' Ikoyi or Lekki in terms of price) where many foreigners and expats stay but there are other areas such as Osu, East Legon, Spintex, etc which are affordable. Most Nigerians (especially the students) stay at Osu or East Legon.

Ghanaians have had a lot of experiences with Nigerians so do not be shocked when people adjust themselves when they hear you're a Nigerian but don't fret, you will have opportunities to create the right impression. Be careful with businesses you do and make sure they are legal and clean.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos To Accra By Air. . . Please Advise! by Nobody: 11:31am On Oct 28, 2015
laplace:
Ghana is a country of 3 cities/towns - Accra, Kumasi, Takoradi. Accra is the biggest and the commercial nerve centre of Ghana; it's the capital city and most companies have their headquarters (Some companies even have their West African head offices) in Accra. Accra is a saner Lagos but not as sane as Abuja. There's traffic but definitely not as heavy as Lagos' and not as light as Abuja's. There are different districts/areas in Accra and each area comes with its price tag. There are areas such as Cantonments, Dzorwulu (compared to Lagos' Ikoyi or Lekki in terms of price) where many foreigners and expats stay but there are other areas such as Osu, East Legon, Spintex, etc which are affordable. Most Nigerians (especially the students) stay at Osu or East Legon.

Ghanaians have had a lot of experiences with Nigerians so do not be shocked when people adjust themselves when they hear you're a Nigerian but don't fret, you will have opportunities to create the right impression. Be careful with businesses you do and make sure they are legal and clean.

Thanks for the info. What have Ghanaians heard about Nigerians? Are we not better than them? common kenke-eating Ghana. . . LoL!!! If they talk anyhow we will cut their gas supply, all their cities will turn dark grin

(1) (Reply)

Canadian Lottery Documents / International Passport / Us Visa Renewal Please Share Your Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.