Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,328 members, 7,822,579 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:14 PM

Nairalanders Plz I Nid Ur Advice Urgently! - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nairalanders Plz I Nid Ur Advice Urgently! (571 Views)

Help Plz I Need E.f.c.c Phone Number / Nl Plz I Nid Ur Hlp Ooo / C2h5oh, Na2day - Magnetic Men On Nl! Oyinda, Gators, Bluespice -- Rate Them Plz (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nairalanders Plz I Nid Ur Advice Urgently! by mygivenchy: 1:34am On May 05, 2009
Im in ma late 20's,As ONLY a schul cert holder,Is it posible 2 study abroad for a university degree? If Yes,Plzz What are d criterias in goin abt,exams i'l wuld hv 2 take i.e As a schul cert holder,wat are all d requirements i'l nid 2 undertake 2 study abroad in details!, plz i nid an experiencd persn 2 advice me vry urgently on my situation so i'l not b wantin during d process, tanks vry much in anticipation.
Re: Nairalanders Plz I Nid Ur Advice Urgently! by Gabry(f): 3:50am On May 05, 2009
Im in ma late 20's,As ONLY a schul cert holder,Is it posible 2 study abroad witout havn any university degree?

If you only have a school cert, of course you could go and study abroad but than im sure the college / uni which you apply for will tell you to take your Diploma or Higher Diploma depending on your results but I would suggest you take your Diploma because u will get to learn from scratch every single thing before u hop to your Higher Diploma. Those whom skipped their Diploma's find it hard to catch up with their studies though most of the time cause they learn the advance straight away without knowing the basics. .

Plzz What are d criterias in goin abt it i.e As a schul cert holder,wat are all d requirements i'l nid 2 undertake 2 study abroad in details!,

1) What course do you intend on studying?
2) Which country do you intend to study at?
3) Once you get these details, you start searching your requirements on the internet. You can use google or Yahoo search.
4) U can register in your contacts online through the college/university webcite. Just follow the step by step insteructions. If they dont have it, at least they would indictae their email add. Email them and ask for details like:- What course are you offering? What is the program structure? Hows the fees? Accommodation procedures? How long is the education? what is the requirements to enter there? Etc Etc ETc. . . Just ask away.

After that in a few days time a representative of that uni / college will contact you via phone (usually) and he / she will assist u in your overall application so u dont have to worry that much. . . The person will assist you with your student Visa/ permits, your school application and etc as long as you requested for it. Feel free to make full use of the representative because it is after all his/her job to do so.

Ensure you have sufficient money to pay for your school fees and accommodation and food there because at this point of time, most countries will not want to take foreignors to work in the country (recession period) so please be careful about that. If u are interested in European and American countries, maybe to work part time should be ok but still ensure you have sufficient money and also bare in mind that some Europena countries would refuse to speak in ENglish so please check on that incase you dont want to suffer from a culture shock. . . I know like France, Switzerland, Italy. . . Hmmm. . . They are some interesting bunch of people ooo. . . tongue embarassed lipsrsealed

And if you come to Asia, some Asian countries can be a racist so watch out for that. . . Like Malaysia and Singapore. Abeg ooo! No come hia. . . embarassed lipsrsealed

Hope it helps. grin

(1) (Reply)

Moderator Why Locking My Thread / How Serious Do You Take Anything You Read On Nairaland. / Bgrhkuth4t

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.