Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,563 members, 7,816,367 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:16 AM

Ministerial Nomination Impasse: My Story - By Rt. Hon. Rotimi Amaechi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ministerial Nomination Impasse: My Story - By Rt. Hon. Rotimi Amaechi (980 Views)

More "Facts" Emerge On The Cause Of Ali Modu And PDP Govs Impasse. / What Amaechi Said About Wike's Ministerial Nomination 4years Ago..!!! / VP Osinbajo Gives Ministerial Nomination Criterias (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ministerial Nomination Impasse: My Story - By Rt. Hon. Rotimi Amaechi by chapatti: 7:06am On Oct 25, 2015
My story - By Rt. Hon. Rotimi Amaechi - This is a must read for every Nigerian. Recently, the Nation have turned their eyes on the National Assemblied as they screened 37 ministerial nominees sent to it for confirmation by President Muhammadu Buhari over the last two weeks. But as it where and very openly known to the masses, none of the nominees sent to the upper chamber have proved as controversial as c, a former governor of Rivers State, whose screening had to be deferred at least once owing to the deluge of petitions against his nomination, and for which he had to face the Senate Ethics and Privileges Committee.ame

Well, Amaechi was finally screened in plenary by the Senate on Thursday. The former governor tells his story in the course of the exercise. Excerpts:

WHO IS CHIBUIKE ROTIMI AMAECHI?

I happen to be one of the best Nigerians to have served as Speaker for eight years. In the period I served, Speakers were impeached almost on regular basis. I have also served as a governor of Rivers State under the PDP, but during my second term, I was governor of Rivers State under APC. Distinguished senators, it is a rare privilege to stand here today to address you. I believe that this is my first time of addressing the Senate and I thank you. I thank the President for this privilege. Whether I become a minister or I not, this will go in the history book of mine that I once addressed the Senate of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, but truly at the mercy of the Senate.

And as you know, this is a hallowed chamber, so I am deeply humbled and honoured that I have been nominated by the President and to have been give the chance to address you on what I thought would be the little contributions I have made to the development of Nigeria. I told you earlier that my name is Chibuike Amaechi, I am truly a Nigerian.

As I said to you earlier, I am the immediate past governor of Rivers State and I was the Speaker of Rivers State House of Assembly for eight year years, just like I was governor for eight years. I was Chairman of Conference of Speakers for two tenures and I had also the privilege of serving as Chairman of the Nigerian Governors Forum for two tenures too. Take it together, whether as governor or as Speaker, these two cases can tell the story of public service.

TENURE AS SPEAKER

During my tenure as Speaker of Rivers State House of Assembly, we achieved a lot. Some key bills like the Anti Kidnapping Law and the Rivers State School Rights were passed. I drafted these bills myself. I was just pained that there were some of our children who couldn’t go to school and I had to ensure that the bills became laws so that our children, parents and teachers will have their rights and privileges and that government has the obligation to fulfill them.

However, my most fulfilling moment as Speaker was the passing of the Rivers State School Rights Bill. This bill clearly defines the responsibility of parents, teachers and parents to guarantee our children’s access to qualitative education. Education should not only qualitative, it must also be accessible.

WHAT I DID AS GOVERNOR

As governor, we inherited a state that was comatose and with the problem of insecurity. Our immediate task was, therefore, to restore security and improve the social and economic well-being of our people. These were the two pronged approach: physical and fiscal security.

For the complete article, click >>> My story - By Rt. Hon. Rotimi Amaechi
Re: Ministerial Nomination Impasse: My Story - By Rt. Hon. Rotimi Amaechi by salisy: 7:08am On Oct 25, 2015
H
Re: Ministerial Nomination Impasse: My Story - By Rt. Hon. Rotimi Amaechi by Benedict44(m): 7:09am On Oct 25, 2015
strong man
Re: Ministerial Nomination Impasse: My Story - By Rt. Hon. Rotimi Amaechi by jay2pee(m): 7:09am On Oct 25, 2015
k
Re: Ministerial Nomination Impasse: My Story - By Rt. Hon. Rotimi Amaechi by gab264(m): 7:11am On Oct 25, 2015
Useless nation......
Nigeria you and yaa leaders shall not no peacesadsad
For the rest of thaa days....
Ur policies have shown who u truly are.
Boko haram will never end in the north.
Economy of the dis nation shall crumble more and more.
No amount of policies shall revamp it again.
Buhari u shed innocent bloods just to get to dat seat.
But behold, thou shall not see it end, those bloods u shed are crying every day in the presence of our Almighty God.
Because of his anger, he has dispatched an angels of destruction to the economy of this useless nation,.
Ur policies will turn to the worst.
Many have lost there jobs within this period of destruction.
Very soon Nigeria will crawl into reccesion, yaa foreign reserve shall be deplated, tribes shall rise and emerges as a nations.
Maa pple will have there freedom,....there oppression are maa concern, am pained!! cus of it.
I have poured out maa anger,........with a great force shall it occur.
I will curse thaa who cus maa pple........, there generations shall I curse.
I will spare not dis nation,.....it past leaders shall I punish,......for they have melted much suffering to the children of the almigthy.
sadsadsadsadsad am coming for em............
When u migth ave seen all this signs, u will no that am yaa God.

Thus says the lord.
Re: Ministerial Nomination Impasse: My Story - By Rt. Hon. Rotimi Amaechi by Cutehector(m): 7:12am On Oct 25, 2015
The man
Re: Ministerial Nomination Impasse: My Story - By Rt. Hon. Rotimi Amaechi by managermahmud: 7:13am On Oct 25, 2015
Rotimi Amaechi; The Lion of Ubima!
Re: Ministerial Nomination Impasse: My Story - By Rt. Hon. Rotimi Amaechi by managermahmud: 7:14am On Oct 25, 2015
gab264:
Useless nation......
But behold, thou shall not see it end, those bloods u shed are crying every day in the presence of our Almighty God.
Because of his anger, he has dispatched an angels of destruction to the economy of this useless nation,.
Very soon Nigeria will crawl into reccesion, yaa foreign reserve shall be deplated, tribes shall rise and emerges as a nations.
Maa pple will have there freedom,....there oppression are maa concern, am pained!! cus of it.
I will spare not dis nation,.....it past leaders shall I punish,......for they have melted much suffering to the children of the almigthy.

Thus says the lord.

Re: Ministerial Nomination Impasse: My Story - By Rt. Hon. Rotimi Amaechi by kazmanbanjoko(m): 7:15am On Oct 25, 2015
okay. nice story.

1 Like

Re: Ministerial Nomination Impasse: My Story - By Rt. Hon. Rotimi Amaechi by ibksiv(m): 7:18am On Oct 25, 2015
lipsrsealed
Re: Ministerial Nomination Impasse: My Story - By Rt. Hon. Rotimi Amaechi by salisy: 7:20am On Oct 25, 2015
May all these prayers turn against you, Amen!
gab264:
Useless nation......

Thus says the lord.
Re: Ministerial Nomination Impasse: My Story - By Rt. Hon. Rotimi Amaechi by managermahmud: 7:21am On Oct 25, 2015
chapatti:

For the complete article, click >>> My story - By Rt. Hon. Rotimi Amaechi
Op u Bleep up.u 4 complete d story and e go probably make fp then u put ur link at d end. That's how to broadcast ok?
Re: Ministerial Nomination Impasse: My Story - By Rt. Hon. Rotimi Amaechi by PRYCE(m): 8:33am On Oct 25, 2015
Hogwash!
Re: Ministerial Nomination Impasse: My Story - By Rt. Hon. Rotimi Amaechi by Naijiant: 9:18am On Oct 25, 2015

(1) (Reply)

Ex-nsa Dasuki’s Trial: Nigerian Government Seeks To Stop Overseas Medical Trip / See Why Many Graduates Remain Jobless / Dickson Hails Buhari For Revealing Nigeria's Financial Status

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.