Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,084 members, 7,821,738 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:36 PM

What Breed of Dogs Do You Think Can Go Up Against A Wolf - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / What Breed of Dogs Do You Think Can Go Up Against A Wolf (6979 Views)

Top Most Dangerous Dogs In Nigeria (beware Of Dogs) / "Beware Of Dogs, Intruders Will Be Eaten" - In Ikeja (Photo) / Please What Breed Is This Dog??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Breed of Dogs Do You Think Can Go Up Against A Wolf by bufness(m): 7:44am On Oct 25, 2015
in my opinion i can say probably a rott or a pitbull, it has to be a massive dog, and also these dogs can only go up against domesticated wolves, i doubt any dog would be able to go up against the canis lupus, thats out of their league .
Re: What Breed of Dogs Do You Think Can Go Up Against A Wolf by Nobody: 8:17am On Oct 25, 2015
The Caucasian Shepherd Dog was developed and bred to be a wolf killer. In terms of size, boldness, looks this breed will put in a worthy fight any day. The Caucasian Shepherd Dog is also known as the wolf killer.

3 Likes

Re: What Breed of Dogs Do You Think Can Go Up Against A Wolf by Fundango: 8:17am On Oct 25, 2015
bufness:
in my opinion i can say probably a rott or a pitbull, it has to be a massive dog, and also these dogs can only go up against domesticated wolves, i doubt any dog would be able to go up against the canis lupus, thats out of their league .
get a cross-breed German sherpard and pit bull ,thank me and nairalanders forever.grin

2 Likes

Re: What Breed of Dogs Do You Think Can Go Up Against A Wolf by bufness(m): 8:26am On Oct 25, 2015
Bubewilson:
The Caucasian Shepherd Dog was developed and bred to be a wolf killer. In terms of size, boldness, looks this breed will put in a worthy fight any day. The Caucasian Shepherd Dog is also known as the wolf killer.
just checked, it certainly looks like it could put up a great fight

2 Likes

Re: What Breed of Dogs Do You Think Can Go Up Against A Wolf by barcaboi(m): 8:31am On Oct 25, 2015
bufness:
go on YouTube. ...search caucasian kills wolves and see for yourself

2 Likes

Re: What Breed of Dogs Do You Think Can Go Up Against A Wolf by barcaboi(m): 8:33am On Oct 25, 2015
bufness:
just checked, it certainly looks like it could put up a great fight
it won't put up a great fight.....it'll kill wolves hands down. watched a video where the caucasian killed not just one but two wolves

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCpiV44zm08

1 Like

Re: What Breed of Dogs Do You Think Can Go Up Against A Wolf by Stancrus(m): 10:02am On Oct 25, 2015
people underestimate the power of a caucasian shepherd they are naturally born wolfs killer even an alpha male wolf aka leader of the park cant stand up to a caucasian

1 Like

Re: What Breed of Dogs Do You Think Can Go Up Against A Wolf by Richybang: 12:03pm On Oct 25, 2015
I will go for a kangla it much bigger than a wolf i have seen videos of it killed a wolf even the dog called dogo argentino killed a mountain lion compare a wolf to a mountain lion

1 Like

Re: What Breed of Dogs Do You Think Can Go Up Against A Wolf by Nobody: 1:08pm On Oct 25, 2015
A bull dog can kill a Caucasian shepherd, a Caucasian shepherd can kill a wolf and even a lynx.

1 Like

Re: What Breed of Dogs Do You Think Can Go Up Against A Wolf by Apitch(m): 1:10pm On Oct 25, 2015
Richybang:
I will go for a kangla it much bigger than a wolf i have seen videos of it killed a wolf even the dog called dogo argentino killed a mountain lion compare a wolf to a mountain lion
Hmmm caucasians n kangals are badass but dogo killing a mountain lion, bro link to the video or u know the rest

2 Likes

Re: What Breed of Dogs Do You Think Can Go Up Against A Wolf by Apitch(m): 1:11pm On Oct 25, 2015
espionagesavvy:
A bull dog can kill a Caucasian shepherd, a Caucasian shepherd can kill a wolve and even a lynx.
Bulldog kill caucasian? U know the rest

3 Likes

Re: What Breed of Dogs Do You Think Can Go Up Against A Wolf by tranxo(m): 1:35pm On Oct 25, 2015
espionagesavvy:
A bull dog can kill a Caucasian shepherd, a Caucasian shepherd can kill a wolf and even a lynx.
this is Caucasian. Not the ones you people see in nairaland

3 Likes

Re: What Breed of Dogs Do You Think Can Go Up Against A Wolf by donklint86: 4:10pm On Oct 25, 2015
tranxo:
that dog heavy brother..

2 Likes

Re: What Breed of Dogs Do You Think Can Go Up Against A Wolf by tranxo(m): 5:33pm On Oct 25, 2015
donklint86:
that dog heavy brother..
just Google Caucasian ovcharka and you will see what they look like. They are initially used as bear hunters
Re: What Breed of Dogs Do You Think Can Go Up Against A Wolf by bufness(m): 5:47pm On Oct 25, 2015
tranxo:
lol dz beast gon murder any wolf
Re: What Breed of Dogs Do You Think Can Go Up Against A Wolf by olisafincy(m): 6:21pm On Oct 25, 2015
Richybang:
Turkish kanga will do that job with ease.
Caucasian is one of the laziest dog I've seen here in naija, I don't know about the ones in abroad, so fat and not athletic.
Re: What Breed of Dogs Do You Think Can Go Up Against A Wolf by tranxo(m): 6:37pm On Oct 25, 2015
olisafincy:

Caucasian is one of the laziest dog I've seen here in naija, I don't know about the ones in abroad, so fat and not athletic.
we don't have any Caucasian ovcharka in Nigeria. Simple.

1 Like

Re: What Breed of Dogs Do You Think Can Go Up Against A Wolf by wolewolsz(m): 7:30pm On Oct 25, 2015
Caucasian shepherd ain't bad...
Kangal is a good wolf killer...
I will go for a malaklisi tho... Best around and would do the job with much ease... Thank me later for that...
U want a dog that can stand a Lion?
Get a rhodesian ridgeback... Would surely get the lion intimidated even if it can't get it killed...

Proud Ridgeback x boerboel owner...
Re: What Breed of Dogs Do You Think Can Go Up Against A Wolf by barcaboi(m): 10:05pm On Oct 25, 2015
olisafincy:

they look lazy until they attack....then they are something else

3 Likes

Re: What Breed of Dogs Do You Think Can Go Up Against A Wolf by Richybang: 10:36pm On Oct 25, 2015
Apitch:

Hmmm caucasians n kangals are badass but dogo killing a mountain lion, bro link to the video or u know the rest
how do I link the video here because I watched it on YouTube search dogo kill mountain lion you will see it video on YouTube
Re: What Breed of Dogs Do You Think Can Go Up Against A Wolf by arcbay(m): 11:57pm On Oct 25, 2015
I vote pitbull or Maligator... Most cauc are huge and lazy... Pitts and Malis are strong and athletic...
Re: What Breed of Dogs Do You Think Can Go Up Against A Wolf by barcaboi(m): 1:49pm On Oct 26, 2015
arcbay:
I vote pitbull or Maligator... Most cauc are huge and lazy... Pitts and Malis are strong and athletic...
then you are wrong. ....try 2 see them in combat mode..

2 Likes

Re: What Breed of Dogs Do You Think Can Go Up Against A Wolf by obedfynez(m): 3:35pm On Oct 26, 2015
wolewolsz:
Caucasian shepherd ain't bad...
Kangal is a good wolf killer...
I will go for a malaklisi tho... Best around and would do the job with much ease... Thank me later for that...
U want a dog that can stand a Lion?
Get a rhodesian ridgeback... Would surely get the lion intimidated even if it can't get it killed...

Proud Ridgeback x boerboel owner...
can I see a picture of your ridgeback
Re: What Breed of Dogs Do You Think Can Go Up Against A Wolf by chucky234(m): 9:29am On Oct 28, 2015
arcbay:
eLIAR
Re: What Breed of Dogs Do You Think Can Go Up Against A Wolf by olisafincy(m): 2:13pm On Oct 28, 2015
chucky234:
eLIAR
hahahahahahahah Elier no be small
Re: What Breed of Dogs Do You Think Can Go Up Against A Wolf by Spirit1(m): 2:44am On Oct 29, 2015
Apitch:

You probably don't know anything about Dogo Argentino. I have one. There are only very very few of them in Nigeria. Very expensive too. Google and read about Dogos. They were specially breed to hunt and kill mountain lions. They are fearless and will fight until they kill their prey or they die.
Re: What Breed of Dogs Do You Think Can Go Up Against A Wolf by martete1(m): 6:59am On Oct 29, 2015
They probably don't know abt the Dogo Agentino, it is the world strongest dog, it has killed a Leopard in Europe. Check for the video in youtube.
Re: What Breed of Dogs Do You Think Can Go Up Against A Wolf by Apitch(m): 10:35am On Oct 29, 2015
Alright I heard u all but why are we all sentimental on dogs we love n breed rather than the fact/truth?
I know about dogo my brothers so spare me the hype, I downloaded the video only to discover the mountain lion was a puma(didn't know that before now)
Caucasians are lazy and fat yet they do wonders
Pls let's learn to be open minded and argue with facts devoid of sentiments
I've seen dog fights and analysis and I tell U that Kangal and Caucasians are thhe baddest of all
Rot kills pitbul, pitbul kills jaguar doesn't make the Rot stronger than the jaguar
I rest my case

3 Likes

Re: What Breed of Dogs Do You Think Can Go Up Against A Wolf by barcaboi(m): 11:33am On Oct 29, 2015
martete1:
They probably don't know abt the Dogo Agentino, it is the world strongest dog, it has killed a Leopard in Europe. Check for the video in youtube.
then u re mistaken....world strongest dog bawo.....e never reach pitbull talkless of caucasian
Re: What Breed of Dogs Do You Think Can Go Up Against A Wolf by Richybang: 7:22pm On Oct 29, 2015
dogos are great dogs far stronger than a pit bull when it comes to hunting they are god they can hunt any thing check videos of them on YouTube u will See how it killed a wolf
Re: What Breed of Dogs Do You Think Can Go Up Against A Wolf by daamazink: 3:16pm On Nov 30, 2015
C'mon the ones u see mostly on google are show dogs, so they have been breed for mostly beauty , see how the standard one looks cool
donklint86:
that dog heavy brother..

1 Like

Re: What Breed of Dogs Do You Think Can Go Up Against A Wolf by olisafincy(m): 11:58am On Dec 02, 2015
daamazink:
C'mon the ones u see mostly on google are show dogs, so they have been breed for mostly beauty , see how the standard one looks cool
Lolz...........guys that your cauc is below standard.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

German Shepherd Female Puppies / How Pure Is This GSD, Pls Help / German Shepherd Dogs Available For For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.