Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:26 AM

Who Will Die For Nigeria? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Will Die For Nigeria? (581 Views)

Buhari Is An Idiot, Crazy And Will Die Very Soon!! - Angry Turkish Man | Video / Obasanjo Will Die For Condemning Biafra Agitation – Nnamdi Kanu / VIDEO Of Nnamdi Kanu Saying He Will Die With His Men (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Will Die For Nigeria? by euromoney(f): 8:30am On Oct 25, 2015
There was an emotional outpouring in the mainstream media on Monday, October 19 over the death of one of the most celebrated journalists, Dele Giwa. This year marked the 29th anniversary after his death. Dele Giwa was murdered in cold blood through a mail bomb at his residence on that fateful day.

Speculations surrounding his death pointed accusing fingers at the military government in power then. There was an outcry for justice but 29 years later, the culprits are yet to be caught, let alone brought to book. Despite the authority’s incompetence to fish out the murderers, nothing has been done to honour Giwa for his contribution to investigative journalism.
This was what led some aggrieved members of the society to protest that a School of Journalism should be built in his honour. It is not known if the federal government will heed to their clarion call.

The story is same for Ameyo Adadevoh who died saving our nation from the deadly Ebola epidemic. For their heroic deeds, they get emotional messages on social media and few mentions in the traditional media. What happened to our values system?
When will we celebrate those who put their lives on the line for all? When we will stop celebrating mediocrity and uphold those who deserve national honours? When will we kill the gullibility of social media hype? When will we start recognising real people? When will we get over our insatiable desire for a celebrity status?

If those who are making sacrifices for our beloved nation are not rewarded, then who will die for Nigeria? Who will want to walk through the shadows of death for a country that has no regard for her citizens? Who will want to go the extra mile to ensure that every citizen’s right is protected and respected? Tell me, who?

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/who-will-die-for-nigeria-/223720/
Re: Who Will Die For Nigeria? by Beesluv: 8:32am On Oct 25, 2015
Politicians
Re: Who Will Die For Nigeria? by Cutehector(m): 8:38am On Oct 25, 2015
I will die for nigeria... My people... embarassed
Re: Who Will Die For Nigeria? by euromoney(f): 9:21am On Oct 25, 2015
Cutehector:
I will die for nigeria... My people... embarassed

Really ...
Re: Who Will Die For Nigeria? by Cutehector(m): 9:31am On Oct 25, 2015
euromoney:

Really ...
it dats wat it takes to be a great man.. Nelson mandela will foreva remain in the hearts of men to come..
Re: Who Will Die For Nigeria? by DaBullIT(m): 10:26am On Oct 25, 2015
Nelson Mandela was a true hero, A father and an Activist, he fought for a reasonable cause

Unlike other Nigerian Comedians

(1) (Reply)

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Joins CGD / Ben Bruce Slammed On Twitter For Sharing His Success Story And Saying He Has Nev / Texts Messages Blaze The HOR, As Plot Thickens To Remove Gbajabiamilia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.