Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,558 members, 7,812,791 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:25 PM

Inspiring Interview With LIZZY, 12-year -old Nigerian Youngest Gospel Artist - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Inspiring Interview With LIZZY, 12-year -old Nigerian Youngest Gospel Artist (2153 Views)

Lizzy Johnson Suleman's Shopping Mall, Petrol Station Birthday Gift From Apostle / Lizzy Johnson Suleman On The Streets Of London (Photos) / Apostle Suleman & His Wife Lizzy Dance Joyously In Church (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Inspiring Interview With LIZZY, 12-year -old Nigerian Youngest Gospel Artist by mrflow1: 8:54am On Oct 25, 2015
Elizabeth Ayomide Babalola popularly known as LIZZY is a 12-year-old award winning gospel singer. In this interview with Saturday Tribune, she speaks about her career, education and her London tours, among other issues. Elizabeth’s manager also chips in some pieces of information.

Foray into music:

To the glory of God, I started singing at the age of five; I would compose poems and nursery rhymes back then. So at the age of six, I produced an album, titled Lizzy’s Nursery Rhymes, which is a compilation of nursery rhymes.I also produced another album when I was eight, titled Victory Dance. And at the age of nine, I released the video to the album. But my latest album is titled London Praises; it was launched in London this year.

My inspiration:

I compose most of my songs myself and I get inspiration basically from almost everything around me. Sometimes I could listen to a song and be inspired by the beat or a line in the lyrics. And other times, I get inspiration while reading my Bible, which I rely on a lot. So basically, happenings around me influence my songs.

Combining music and education:

Manager: It doesn’t affect one another because we ensure that all her engagements are done over the weekends, and her major engagements during the holidays. For instance, her last trip to London was during the summer. Also, it is convenient because music to her, is a hobby; it is nothing imposed on her. The scenario is just like a child comes back from school to play football or have some fun, hers is music. So it is something she came to love herself. Her parents also ensured that it doesn’t affect her academics at all because they are also well educated and they know the value of education.As a matter of fact, she doesn’t even know most times about her performances until a couple of days to the programme.

London tour experience:

Manager: This is the second year of the Lizzy London tour and it was put together to put her on an international pedestal. She had although traversed the country prior to the international tour, performing with a lot of big names in the entertainment industry.

Lizzy: The first tour was in 2014 and it birthed the 2015 edition. The experience this time around was much more than that of last year as there were more programmes to attend that I couldn’t even exhaust all the invitations I had. I also had the opportunity to perform with the likes of Evangelist Tope Alabi and Yinka Ayefele while on the tour.

Manager: Her album, London Praises was launched on August 25 in London. It is a compendium of activities of her 2014 tour. And also it was during the 2015 edition that she had her seven years on stage anniversary.

Memories I hold dear:

The fact that I could influence lives positively is enough excitement for me. The feedbacks I get from people are quite encouraging and I appreciate when parents call me on the phone to speak with their children and encourage them to bring out the best potential in them. It makes me see myself as a rallying factor for children.I’ve also had the opportunity to meet with bigwigs in the society over the years. One of the outings I hold really dear was the Ovation Carol, which was held at the Eko Hotel and Suites. I was eight then and it was really exciting to perform alongside the likes of Tiwa Savage, Don Jazzy, Davido and others. Former governor of Rivers State, Rotimi Amaechi; veteran gospel singer, Chief Ebenezer Obey; Shina Peters and many other dignitaries were also at the event.I’ve also been on stage with the likes of Mama Evangelist Bola Are and Lara George, so my career has availed me an opportunity to meet with a lot of people.

Awards and achievements:

I was invited to perform at the Osun State Education Summit when I was seven. That was when Governor Rauf Aregbesola just assumed office. I had just started the nursery rhymes series then. So I was there to perform and also present a paper on ‘The Importance of Nursery Rhymes to the Educational Development of a Child.’Performing at age seven at an event chaired by Professor Wole Soyinka, with lot of governors on seat was an achievement for me.
I was also interviewed by notable television and radio stations and magazines while on tour in the UK.
The Yoruba Women Development Association, UK chapter, also gave me an award as the Most Outstanding Youngest Nigerian Gospel Artiste. Aug 2015. That made me happy because it shows that my little efforts over the years were appreciated.

Gospel artistes and secular music:

Manager: It is very unlikely for her to go into secular music later in life because over time, the kind of music she is accustomed to is gospel music. It is a choice she made herself and I believe that she will continue in that path. She has seen the best of both secular and gospel, but she still insists that gospel music is what she will do.

Hobbies:

I love reading. I love playing games and I love cooking.

Advice to other children:

I’d encourage them to discover their talents and when they find it, they should nurture it. They should always remember that God is there for them. They should listen to their parents and be good children, because regardless of the fame, I am still like every child out there. I respect my parents and teachers, and I get scolded anytime I do something wrong.

Future plans:

Manager: Her tours of the UK have opened the door for greater international engagements. To the glory of God, she is scheduled for a performance in Italy next weekend and Germany the following one. And there have also been invitations for her to the USA.We are also planning the Nigerian version of her seven years on stage, but we are not rushing it because first, she just returned to school and second, she is also preparing for her junior West African Examinations Council (WAEC). So the Anniversary will probably be held next year.

Music is my hobby | Nigerian Tribune - http://tribuneonlineng.com/node/19880

Re: Inspiring Interview With LIZZY, 12-year -old Nigerian Youngest Gospel Artist by mrflow1: 9:21am On Oct 25, 2015
more pics

lets show love to this girl..Thanks

cc:OAM4J,emusmith, lalastica, seun

(1) (Reply)

Buddhist! Come In / Dr. Paul Enenche Of Dunamis Releases Prophecies For 2018 (VIDEO) / When Will Christians Get Sense? I Am SINCERELY Concerned

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.