Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,111 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:19 PM

Nigerian Student Invents Bio-diesel From Vegetable Oil - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Student Invents Bio-diesel From Vegetable Oil (7247 Views)

Emeka Ihedioha, Imo PDP Governorship Aspirant Buying Vegetable In The Market / Airforce Invents Bomb Detecting Robot To Fight Boko Haram / Banks To Commence Bio-metric Data Capture For Customers. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Student Invents Bio-diesel From Vegetable Oil by naijaking1: 1:01am On May 06, 2009
SapeleGuy:

No malice intended, I was merely asking us to examine ourselves first before ridiculing other people who have stepped up to the plate. If you were not ridiculing the boy, then of course I was wrong and stand corrected.

The boy has not claimed to 'invent' anything. The problem is with the journalists.

By rubbishing the young mans effort, you might as well say that achebe or soyinka shouldn't have written their books because other western authors have already written millions of books.

The key question here should be: is there a market for this product?

Nobody is ridiculing a made in Nigerian concept. The title of this thread speaks for the very misleading nature of the story. Blame it on poorly educated journalists, on attention seeking government officials, and on anybody you can think of, the result is the same: misleading.

Market for the product? Now, this is changing the discussion, because the market should be allowed to determine that.
Re: Nigerian Student Invents Bio-diesel From Vegetable Oil by AloyEmeka9: 2:00am On May 06, 2009
ochi eze grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Student Invents Bio-diesel From Vegetable Oil by Akpangbon: 10:09am On May 06, 2009
stupid people, always attacking anything Nigerians, what their arse doing on this forum for christs sake?
Re: Nigerian Student Invents Bio-diesel From Vegetable Oil by sleekp1: 12:10pm On May 06, 2009
Kobojunkie wrote:
Anywho, you can take it that I am done. No worries, I will not bother you with my questions since I now know it is not worth it. Have a nice life!!

Lets see how poor your sorry life will be when you stop ROFLMAO when any good news comes out of Nigeria.
People like Sapele guy etc are only just beginning to realise what I've been saying for a long time. For someone so anti-Nigerian to spend 12hrs daily on a Nigerian forum speaks volume. (anything to make your poor ass feel big).

From a psychological point of view your post comes across like a cry for help.
If you have no views on how to make Nigeria great and if your only contribution is to tell us how bad Nigeria is then please honour your vow. 
Thanks kobojunkie, and please keep to your promise, don't comment on Nigerian issues again.
Most of us know Nigeria has not performed to the standard expected of it, and are trying to drag it into the 21st century without punks like you.
Re: Nigerian Student Invents Bio-diesel From Vegetable Oil by Kobojunkie: 12:28pm On May 06, 2009
roflmao!!!
Re: Nigerian Student Invents Bio-diesel From Vegetable Oil by Akpangbon: 1:30pm On May 06, 2009
@SleekP

U have said it all.
Re: Nigerian Student Invents Bio-diesel From Vegetable Oil by systems: 2:05pm On May 06, 2009
Production of biodiesel from waste oil is not a novel research. Presently some countries fuel cars and generators with it.
Re: Nigerian Student Invents Bio-diesel From Vegetable Oil by AjanleKoko: 2:19pm On May 06, 2009
Okay, that just about does it.

I am officially challenging all the peeps insulting this young man to produce any proof of any public accolade citing anything they have ever done in their lives.

That includes all the chemistry experts. Just produce any publication that showcases any reagent named after you.

As an aside, take a look at this link:

http://blog.ted.com/2009/05/qa_with_tedfell.php

It always amazes me how East and Southern Africa is able to promote little things they do, like M-Pesa mobile money from Kenya. If it's Nigeria, the effort is torn to pieces before it even gets off the ground. Sad.
Re: Nigerian Student Invents Bio-diesel From Vegetable Oil by systems: 2:28pm On May 06, 2009
What I tried to say was that production of biodiel from waste or or from jatropha is not a novel research. Google any of these
production of biodiesel in south africa
jatropha biodiesel africa
biofuel production in africa
biodiesel vegetable oil
Re: Nigerian Student Invents Bio-diesel From Vegetable Oil by Kobojunkie: 1:07am On May 07, 2009
If only people knew what was available to them via google. You could even build, or should I say "INVENT" a nuclear warhead by simply googling for instructions on how to. grin
Re: Nigerian Student Invents Bio-diesel From Vegetable Oil by sleekp1: 9:38am On May 07, 2009
@Kobojunkie

Do you work? Am asking this because you logged off and came back as "systems" to butress your point.

Am sure you're an expert on "googling" so what's stopping you from using it to find a job?
Re: Nigerian Student Invents Bio-diesel From Vegetable Oil by AjanleKoko: 12:02pm On May 07, 2009
Kobojunkie:

If only people knew what was available to them via google. You could even build, or should I say "INVENT" a nuclear warhead by simply googling for instructions on how to. grin

So how many nuclear warheads, biodiesel fuels, or even pencil sharpeners have you invented?
Re: Nigerian Student Invents Bio-diesel From Vegetable Oil by ElRazur: 12:07pm On May 07, 2009
AjanleKoko:

So how many nuclear warheads, biodiesel fuels, or even pencil sharpeners have you invented?

You missed the point.
Re: Nigerian Student Invents Bio-diesel From Vegetable Oil by sleekp1: 12:16pm On May 07, 2009
ElRazur:

You missed the point.

What point did he miss? Instead of pouring scorn on other people's achievement the least you guys can do is achieve something notable yourself.

Stop sitting in front of computer and belittling other people's achievement whilst doing Bleep-all yourself.
Re: Nigerian Student Invents Bio-diesel From Vegetable Oil by Kobojunkie: 12:46pm On May 07, 2009
AjanleKoko:

@Elrazur, let me try see if this dude could get it!!

@Ajanlekoro, to answer your question, the answer is none. It has already been INVENTED and so there is no need for me running to invent what has already been "INVENTED". Get it? It would be like spending resources trying to "RE-INVENT" the wheel?  roflmao!!

You really felt to ask that question after reading my post there? I am actually certain you have little clue what this has been about from the start!! roflmao!!
Re: Nigerian Student Invents Bio-diesel From Vegetable Oil by ElRazur: 12:52pm On May 07, 2009
sleek_p:

What point did he miss? Instead of pouring scorn on other people's achievement the least you guys can do is achieve something notable yourself.

Stop sitting in front of computer and belittling other people's achievement whilst doing Bleep-all yourself.

The same point you are refusing to see! How ironic!!

Your perception, your problem, not mine. smiley

I haven't even made any comments that will suggest so in this thread. Instead you have barged in here with pre-conceived mind and views, as to what I say or I didn't. For the record, you know Sweet F.A about me.

Again, what more do you have?
Re: Nigerian Student Invents Bio-diesel From Vegetable Oil by sleekp1: 1:00pm On May 07, 2009
ElRazur are you trying to increase your post count? You veer from one gibberish  to another gibberish.

Problem is I don't understand "gibberish" try Kobojunkie who's fluent in that language.
Re: Nigerian Student Invents Bio-diesel From Vegetable Oil by ElRazur: 1:03pm On May 07, 2009
sleek_p:

ElRazur are you trying to increase your post count? You veer from one gibberish  to another gibberish.

Problem is I don't understand "gibberish" try Kobojunkie who's fluent in that language.

I think this is the part you back down. smiley Good boy.

Like I told you before, be ready to fight to the finish when you come all guns blazing at me.

I am more than happy to put my hand, and admit am wrong or offer an apology if needed. However, when suckers like you try to prove a point, It makes my day. smiley

Seriously, what more do you have?
Re: Nigerian Student Invents Bio-diesel From Vegetable Oil by sleekp1: 1:10pm On May 07, 2009
ElRazur:

Seriously, what more do you have?

Did you say you live in London? Its 13.00, some of us have to work.
Re: Nigerian Student Invents Bio-diesel From Vegetable Oil by ElRazur: 1:12pm On May 07, 2009
sleek_p:

Did you say you live in London?

What is that got to do with the price of tea in china?

Please tell me you are smarter than making internet threats, **crosses finger**
Re: Nigerian Student Invents Bio-diesel From Vegetable Oil by Kobojunkie: 1:14pm On May 07, 2009
Roflmao!!!
Re: Nigerian Student Invents Bio-diesel From Vegetable Oil by ElRazur: 1:18pm On May 07, 2009
He made a quick edit to his post, but am faster than that. Too late. grin

Dude. I have no problem with you, but please be prepare to finish things you started. smiley
Re: Nigerian Student Invents Bio-diesel From Vegetable Oil by sleekp1: 1:23pm On May 07, 2009
ElRazur:

He made a quick edit to his post, but am faster than that. Too late. grin

Dude. I have no problem with you, but please be prepare to finish things you started. smiley

I have no great desire to engage in a never ending "gibberish" conversation, I have clients deadline to meet.
You see most of us don't rely on "daddy's" money to survive. Have a nice day.
Re: Nigerian Student Invents Bio-diesel From Vegetable Oil by ElRazur: 1:27pm On May 07, 2009
sleek_p:

I have no great desire to engage in a never ending "gibberish" conversation, I have clients deadline to meet.
You see most of us don't rely on "daddy's" money to survive. Have a nice day.

Dude you are very funny. I offered you a "peace deal" and you kinda shoved back in my face. grin

If you deal with your clients as you debate on a forum, then god help them. grin grin

How I wish my dad was that rich, and am still spending his money. Only that, it aint the case. smiley
Re: Nigerian Student Invents Bio-diesel From Vegetable Oil by Kobojunkie: 1:31pm On May 07, 2009
Oh please!!! You expect this to ever end? His kind never let issues die on the thread they began!! They will come back on another thread, another board, another day with the same ramblings and nothing more. This particular one has been at it for about a year now. And it all started when I did not see things as he did and challenged him to substantiate claims he made. That was just it!!

It is like trying to get an agbero, who has lost most all his tooth in fights, to make sense. roflmao!!
Re: Nigerian Student Invents Bio-diesel From Vegetable Oil by ElRazur: 1:40pm On May 07, 2009
Lol. I really do not know how you managed to survive "them" this long.

He just came at me gun blazing this morning in about 4 thread all at once! At first I tried to explain to him he got it wrong, but that didn't help and he just kept going lol, so I played along. The strange thing is that I actually have load of respect for him - dont ask me why - until he showed me why I shouldn't

It sucks when people take personal issues across threads and just let it derail every discussion.

PS
Kobojunkie, I dey put together a new site and putting up an alternative forum. I will keep you posted if you are interested.
Re: Nigerian Student Invents Bio-diesel From Vegetable Oil by Kobojunkie: 2:56pm On May 07, 2009
ElRazur:

Lol. I really do not know how you managed to survive "them" this long.

He just came at me gun blazing this morning in about 4 thread all at once! At first I tried to explain to him he got it wrong, but that didn't help and he just kept going lol, so I played along. The strange thing is that I actually have load of respect for him - dont ask me why - until he showed me why I shouldn't
It sucks when people take personal issues across threads and just let it derail every discussion.

I told you before. I try to reason with the reasonable ones but 9 times out of 10, you find they are all the same – hooligans with access to computers and inability to entertain opposing views of any kind. I mean from the ones who themselves live abroad but believe that because I have Columbus for my location mean I know nothing of Nigeria to the ones who throw a tantrum when I present a view to challenge their accepted opinion on issues. Imagine some riff raff somewhere coming online to tell you he is better than you because according to him, you sit in front of a computer to criticize others, not realizing how hypocritical he is being since he is guilty of doing exactly the same. Only in his mind, he believes he is holier. Roflmao!! It sort of reminds me of how ridiculous it would be for me to stand at some bus stop arguing with an agbero, hoping to at least reach some agreement. So I choose to completely ignore and focus instead on posting my view and having myself a nice discussion on here.

The problem with these is they have not learned to separate issues from the people discussing them. Everything is ultra personal to them and they are willing to go as low as they can to claim victory in most every discussion. I remember when there was a debate on my gender, you should have seen how some of these imbeciles deemed me stupid simply because they chose to believe I am a female. Even some went as far as to tell me that because I was a female to them, I had no right to even speak or interrupt any discussion they were having. I actually wished I could track one of those guys down… hang him on his ****s with his mother watching and have him repeat what he said in front of her. Roflmao!!! Oh yeah!! I am a Sci-fi and horror flick geek!!

ElRazur:

PS
Kobojunkie, I dey put together a new site and putting up an alternative forum. I will keep you posted if you are interested.
Cool!!
Re: Nigerian Student Invents Bio-diesel From Vegetable Oil by ElRazur: 4:06pm On May 07, 2009
Lmao. You said it all jare. grin
Re: Nigerian Student Invents Bio-diesel From Vegetable Oil by AjanleKoko: 10:58am On May 08, 2009
Kobojunkie:

@Elrazur, let me try see if this dude could get it!!

@Ajanlekoro, to answer your question, the answer is none. It has already been INVENTED and so there is no need for me running to invent what has already been "INVENTED". Get it? It would be like spending resources trying to "RE-INVENT" the wheel? roflmao!!

You really felt to ask that question after reading my post there? I am actually certain you have little clue what this has been about from the start!! roflmao!!

Obviously, for guys like you, something else is always the issue. Nonetheless, enjoy yourself dude.
Re: Nigerian Student Invents Bio-diesel From Vegetable Oil by server34(m): 2:14pm On May 08, 2009
Kobojunkie:

I told you before. I try to reason with the reasonable ones but 9 times out of 10, you find they are all the same – hooligans with access to computers and inability to entertain opposing views of any kind. I mean from the ones who themselves live abroad but believe that because I have Columbus for my location mean I know nothing of Nigeria to the ones who throw a tantrum when I present a view to challenge their accepted opinion on issues. Imagine some riff raff somewhere coming online to tell you he is better than you because according to him, you sit in front of a computer to criticize others, not realizing how hypocritical he is being since he is guilty of doing exactly the same. Only in his mind, he believes he is holier. Roflmao!! It sort of reminds me of how ridiculous it would be for me to stand at some bus stop arguing with an agbero, hoping to at least reach some agreement. So I choose to completely ignore and focus instead on posting my view and having myself a nice discussion on here.

The problem with these is they have not learned to separate issues from the people discussing them. Everything is ultra personal to them and they are willing to go as low as they can to claim victory in most every discussion. I remember when there was a debate on my gender, you should have seen how some of these imbeciles deemed me stupid simply because they chose to believe I am a female. Even some went as far as to tell me that because I was a female to them, I had no right to even speak or interrupt any discussion they were having. I actually wished I could track one of those guys down… hang him on his ****s with his mother watching and have him repeat what he said in front of her. Roflmao!!! Oh yeah!! I am a Sci-fi and horror flick geek!!
Cool!!

So with all that, you think you have made sense trying to convince us to separate ur personality from the issue you are discussing? The fact is. . . like av told you before (and am sure lots of other people have also), the problem is with you. Your personality smells all over your posts, and dats why we neva see d point in ur post but we see someone who lives abroad, and never believes anything good can come out of Nigeria. You always try to get the attention on the thread towards yourself, leaving out the topic under discussion. I'm sure ur glad u've gotten some more attention again.
Sometimes u argue with sense, but d point I don't get is why u must argue.

Back to topic! A great mind doing some good research. . . but some incompetent and uninformed media again missing the point.
Re: Nigerian Student Invents Bio-diesel From Vegetable Oil by Kobojunkie: 2:27pm On May 08, 2009
AjanleKoko:

Obviously, for guys like you, something else is always the issue. Nonetheless, enjoy yourself dude.

huh?? Again, did you read the thread and the posts so far or did you come here believing that all comments are critical of the boy hence unacceptable by your standards?

LEARN TO READ!!!

In fact, here is a test for you. @Ajanlekoko, Repost the very line where I criticize the boy. I will gladly send you $100 if you can do that without needing to inject your twist into the exact line to make it mean what you want it to.
Re: Nigerian Student Invents Bio-diesel From Vegetable Oil by ElRazur: 8:32am On May 09, 2009
Kobojunkie:

huh?? Again, did you read the thread and the posts so far or did you come here believing that all comments are critical of the boy hence unacceptable by your standards?

LEARN TO READ!!!

In fact, here is a test for you. @Ajanlekoko, Repost the very line where I criticize the boy. I will gladly send you $100 if you can do that without needing to inject your twist into the exact line to make it mean what you want it to.

I promise to add another 50pounds.

@Ajalekoko: Now that is an offer you cannot refuse. [Clue in Godfather!]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Churches, Mosques Should Pay Tax – Falana / NANS Disrupts Independence Celebration In Ibadan / APC May Also Be Manipulating Nairaland "Likes"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.