Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,598 members, 7,809,168 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:42 AM

Buhari And I Argue Over Issues, Says Adesina - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari And I Argue Over Issues, Says Adesina (19256 Views)

Compelling Buhari To Talk Will Be Infringing On His Rights, Says Adesina / Jonathan’s Loss Triggered Biafra Agitations, Says Adesina / Buhari Won't Be Petroleum Minister Says Adesina--TheCable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari And I Argue Over Issues, Says Adesina by midolian(m): 4:25pm On Oct 25, 2015
Femi Adesina, special adviser to the president on media and publicity, says his principal has listening ears and is tolerant of criticisms.

Adesina said there have been occasions when President Muhammadu Buhari had to see things from his own perspective.

In an interview with Abuja-based magazine Abuja Weekender, the presidential spokesman admitted that the job has been challenging but said he will gladly work with Buhari if given another opportunity.

“The first day I assumed work, he told me, ‘Welcome to Sambisa house’. He also told me, ‘Make sure you always tell me the truth. You know I can argue. I am a general. But if I argue, argue with me,’” Adesina said.

“There are certain things I have had to take him up on, and we discussed them. At the end of the day, he would either see it from my perspective or I would see it from his perspective.

“But one thing is that yes, we can discuss; we can argue. There is nothing, absolutely nothing that is out of bounds. I can discuss anything with him. I have taken him up on a number of things and as we go along, if there is anything I feel we should discuss, I will not hesitate to raise it with him.”

Reacting to complaints on the pace of the government, Adesina said the president was taking his time in order to make significant difference in the end.

“The people want speed that could lead to disorderliness but no, he wants to take things gradually” he said.

“He came in on a four-year mandate – clear 48 months. He has spent just four months, so he still has about 36 months,” he said.

“He can pace himself properly. It is like somebody running a long distance race compared to somebody doing a 100 meters dash. If you approach a long distance race with the attitude of a 100 meters dash, you will burn out. But when you know it’s a long distance race, you’ll pace yourself properly so you last the distance.

“Don’t forget that line in the 1st October broadcast where he said ‘…order is better than speed’. I think that should be a quotable quote for all Nigerians.

“As we speak now, we know ministers are being screened. I think that is like the last scene of the preparatory stage where we have been since June. It is like a period of cleaning the Augean Stable. It will not get cleaned completely in four months but he has done a bit of it.

“When you land and you land in mud, you can’t run immediately; you do some clearing. The president has cleared parts of the murk he met and the ministers can come in onto firmer ground.”

https://www.thecable.ng/buhari-argue-issues-says-adesina#.Vizytry2lks.twitter

Lalasticlala

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari And I Argue Over Issues, Says Adesina by HungerBAD: 4:26pm On Oct 25, 2015
This should put those to shame calling Buhari a dictator, and other unfounded names.

This President listens.

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari And I Argue Over Issues, Says Adesina by benedictnsi(m): 4:27pm On Oct 25, 2015
I didn't vote for PMB but I'm comfortably happy he won..... I only regret voting for a failure..... °°°°° The world makes way for a man who knows where he is going °°°°°...

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari And I Argue Over Issues, Says Adesina by midolian(m): 4:29pm On Oct 25, 2015
A listening president...

No one is as deaf as the one who does not listen. Now I know why Nigeria is getting better by the day since May 29 grin

29 Likes

Re: Buhari And I Argue Over Issues, Says Adesina by Aminat508(f): 4:35pm On Oct 25, 2015
kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Buhari And I Argue Over Issues, Says Adesina by ashson: 4:40pm On Oct 25, 2015
g
Re: Buhari And I Argue Over Issues, Says Adesina by omowolewa: 4:40pm On Oct 25, 2015
That means I doesn't claim to know it all. Kudos
Re: Buhari And I Argue Over Issues, Says Adesina by Dannyset(m): 4:44pm On Oct 25, 2015
Brilliant President! Brilliant Media Assistant! Good Thinking! Good Product!

11 Likes

Re: Buhari And I Argue Over Issues, Says Adesina by LoveMachine(m): 4:45pm On Oct 25, 2015
Sounds like they are about to get the wheels turning on the Green Machine. I can get with this body language.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari And I Argue Over Issues, Says Adesina by Nobody: 4:45pm On Oct 25, 2015
nice one femi.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari And I Argue Over Issues, Says Adesina by joseph1832(m): 4:46pm On Oct 25, 2015
midolian:
A listening president...

No one is as deaf as the one who does not listen. Now I know why Nigeria is getting better by the day since May 29 grin
The former president listens also, the only difference between them is one knows when he's been told bullsh!t and the other doesn't.

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari And I Argue Over Issues, Says Adesina by mightyhaze: 4:46pm On Oct 25, 2015
Nice!hope its not abt irrelevant issues like bein shy amongst d opposite sex n all dat. Cos we need delivery on 2015 electoral promises.d economic groans from nigerians is bcomin deafenin

4 Likes

Re: Buhari And I Argue Over Issues, Says Adesina by merry02(m): 4:47pm On Oct 25, 2015
Femi needs a manuscript on how to be effective as SA on Media.....

8 Likes

Re: Buhari And I Argue Over Issues, Says Adesina by 234GT(m): 4:49pm On Oct 25, 2015
Propaganda as usual jare! How does Buhari's listening attitude bring an end to severe fuel scarcity in Ado Ekiti?

15 Likes

Re: Buhari And I Argue Over Issues, Says Adesina by Jesusloveyou: 4:52pm On Oct 25, 2015
When ur way is clean, u don't have any hiding agenda. PMB don't know how to play game, unlike one clueless corrupt guy

5 Likes

Re: Buhari And I Argue Over Issues, Says Adesina by Jesusloveyou: 4:54pm On Oct 25, 2015
merry02:
Femi needs a manuscript on how to be effective as SA on Media.....
abi u wan compare him with clueless agbati

6 Likes

Re: Buhari And I Argue Over Issues, Says Adesina by missKiffy(f): 5:00pm On Oct 25, 2015
Nice one

1 Like

Re: Buhari And I Argue Over Issues, Says Adesina by midolian(m): 5:08pm On Oct 25, 2015
joseph1832:
The former president listens also, the only difference between them is one knows when he's been told bullsh!t and the other doesn't.
GBAM!!

6 Likes

Re: Buhari And I Argue Over Issues, Says Adesina by Nobody: 5:19pm On Oct 25, 2015
My president, My president! Man of the Masses!

keep listening, it pays. But make sure you know which to take and which not to take.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari And I Argue Over Issues, Says Adesina by Descartes: 6:01pm On Oct 25, 2015
An incompetent media aid. He has lost all the good will he had during his days at Sun newspapers

2 Likes

Re: Buhari And I Argue Over Issues, Says Adesina by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:04pm On Oct 25, 2015
These lying liars have started again.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari And I Argue Over Issues, Says Adesina by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:05pm On Oct 25, 2015
234GT:
Propaganda as usual jare! How does Buhari's listening attitude bring an end to severe fuel scarcity in Ado Ekiti?
Very soon they will add it as part of Buhari's achievement.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari And I Argue Over Issues, Says Adesina by handie(m): 6:07pm On Oct 25, 2015
Nice one. But Mr. President, don't listen to only your aides(d last one did that and we all know what ends that). I'll rather urge u to listen to the people who bear the brunt of ur actions. Visit forums (like Nl), take sample opinion of ur policies using platforms such as d social media(Facebook and twitter most importantly) and such. Some of those aides are nothing but praise singers

1 Like

Re: Buhari And I Argue Over Issues, Says Adesina by midolian(m): 6:11pm On Oct 25, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

Very soon they will add it as part of Buhari's achievement.
grin grin

I got a copy of your book from Ngeneukwenu's bookshop. I must confess you are the "bomb"..enjoyed every bit of it. grin grin

8 Likes

Re: Buhari And I Argue Over Issues, Says Adesina by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 6:13pm On Oct 25, 2015
Descartes:
An incompetent media aid. He has lost all the good will he had during his day at Sun newspapers

Bros calm down.

Cc :MrMbaM, subway101 and ebukaobi.
Re: Buhari And I Argue Over Issues, Says Adesina by joseph1832(m): 6:15pm On Oct 25, 2015
midolian:
grin grin

I got a copy of your book from Ngeneukwenu's bookshop. I must confess you are the "bomb"..enjoyed every bit of it. grin grin
Em did the political prostitute really wrote a book?

TonyeBarcanista:
These lying liars have started again.
Bros how market? tongue

Descartes:
An incompetent media aid. He has lost all the good will he had during his day at Sun newspapers
Funny how you fail to direct this statement at Reuben Abati when he occupied this same post.

9 Likes

Re: Buhari And I Argue Over Issues, Says Adesina by handie(m): 6:15pm On Oct 25, 2015
midolian:
grin grin

Also got a copy. tonyeBarcanista, any revised edition coming out anytime soon? Dis first edition really was interesting. I hope u include ur twitter drubbing @ d hands of @ogundamisi et al in d revised edition

4 Likes

Re: Buhari And I Argue Over Issues, Says Adesina by Descartes: 6:16pm On Oct 25, 2015
IdisuleOurOwn:

Bros calm down.

grin grin grin
You are busy copying a nairaland resident fraudster who operates over 50 monikers on nairaland. In fact you are still a toddler on this political board cheesy

FYI, I have all his monikers in my database

1 Like

Re: Buhari And I Argue Over Issues, Says Adesina by handie(m): 6:23pm On Oct 25, 2015
joseph1832:
Em did the political prostitute really wrote a book?
Na just wash my brother. U see that
One as person wey fit write? Even if he fit, e go exchange am for protection
Re: Buhari And I Argue Over Issues, Says Adesina by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:31pm On Oct 25, 2015
midolian:
grin grin

U got the pyrated copy grin
Re: Buhari And I Argue Over Issues, Says Adesina by joseph1832(m): 6:32pm On Oct 25, 2015
handie:
Na just wash my brother. U see that
One as person wey fit write? Even if he fit, e go exchange am for protection
Abi oh! The guy na confermento mute!. By the way, I love your signature. Adekunle Fajuiyi is someone I'll always respect. His act alone speak volumes...

1 Like

Re: Buhari And I Argue Over Issues, Says Adesina by MrMbaM: 6:34pm On Oct 25, 2015
IdisuleOurOwn:

Bros calm down.

That old man called Decibel is more than 50 years old but can only boast of his dirty boxers as his only achievement in life. He will soon tell you we are same person, you will donate money for the senile fool if you see his pics. Lmaoooo cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

No Law Says FEC Meeting Must Be Held Every Week – Femi Adesina / APC Fumes As PDP Demands Review Of Buhari Supreme Court Victory / My Administration Will Re-Establish Nigeria's Status As Giant Of Africa - Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.