Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,208 members, 7,818,705 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:16 PM

My Imam Helped Boko Haram Recruit Me -abuja Bombing Suspect - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Imam Helped Boko Haram Recruit Me -abuja Bombing Suspect (874 Views)

Sadiq The Real Identity Of The Man Who Predicted Abuja Bombing Revealed- Pics / See Dead Bodies From Abuja Bombing (Photos) / I Earned 5,000 Naira To Burn School, Says Teenage Boko Haram Recruit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Imam Helped Boko Haram Recruit Me -abuja Bombing Suspect by KEVIND: 7:56pm On Oct 25, 2015
Abdulwaheed Nasiru a.k.a Haulaki, one of the men accused of involvement in the October 2 multiple blasts in Nyanya and Kuje, has opened up on how he was recruited by boko haram terrorists.

He was among the five suspects paraded Thursday at the Police Special Anti-Robbery Squad Headquarters in Abuja, where several bomb-making materials recovered from them were also displayed. Others are Abdulazeez Muhazab, Ishaka Salihu, Mohammed Jimoh and Abdullahi Nasiru; THE SUN reports.

Speaking on his recruitment, Haulaki said, ''I am an Igbira man and my people are mainly Muslims. I was able to attend primary school which I did not complete because my parents were farmers and they said education was a waste of time. I came to Abuja seven years ago to learn auto mechanic at Games Village and I graduated four years after before establishing my own workshop at Galadima roundabout, Abuja. I got married and my wife is currently pregnant.

''In 2013 I was convinced to join Boko Haram at the mosque along the road before Total Filling Station, in Aiyoke area of Okene, Kogi State. Though I rented an apartment very close to the mosque, it was one of the sons of the landlord of that house, who is my friend, Abubakar that convinced me to start attending the mosque before he was killed during one of their clashes with soldiers. He personally introduced me to Mustapha, the Imam and owner of the mosque.

''Mustapha was the one who indoctrinated me into the Boko Haram sect. He urged me through his teachings which were mainly on Fridays after the Jumat prayers, Saturdays and Sundays to be faithful to God and do His wishes and I should also oppose those going against the teachings of Prophet Muhammed.

''Mustapha usually urged us to support cause of Jihad in any part of the country in any way we can and when we cannot donate ourselves or money to the cause, we should at least pray for those waging the war. In some of his teachings, he told us that western education was a sin and working for the government was also a sin. He then asked those who have gone through secondary and university education to destroy their certificates. A lot of people, who graduated from the secondary and university in that mosque, destroyed their certificates. That singular act fully convinced me that if these my brothers who attended university can destroy their certificates because of Boko Harm, I should not hesitate,” he said.
http://www.nigerianbulletin.com/threads/abuja-bombing-suspect-how-my-imam-helped-boko-haram-recruit-me.133667/

Re: My Imam Helped Boko Haram Recruit Me -abuja Bombing Suspect by Nobody: 7:58pm On Oct 25, 2015
Ehn hen?
Re: My Imam Helped Boko Haram Recruit Me -abuja Bombing Suspect by Demmocrats(m): 7:59pm On Oct 25, 2015
Source pls
Re: My Imam Helped Boko Haram Recruit Me -abuja Bombing Suspect by kossyablaze(m): 8:08pm On Oct 25, 2015
Lol not shocked a bit

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Imam Helped Boko Haram Recruit Me -abuja Bombing Suspect by Dannyset(m): 8:08pm On Oct 25, 2015
Kill 1000s of them, it won't stop. But kill the ideology, then the source has been uprooted.
By now, that Imam should be in prison. There are many of them out there. It's only revelations like this that can help exposed them.
God help us!
Re: My Imam Helped Boko Haram Recruit Me -abuja Bombing Suspect by Descartes: 8:09pm On Oct 25, 2015
Bokoharam is the invention of the North
Re: My Imam Helped Boko Haram Recruit Me -abuja Bombing Suspect by Zzyco: 8:14pm On Oct 25, 2015
I won't be surprise if some muslims still come here an say Christians are behind boko haram.

1 Like

Re: My Imam Helped Boko Haram Recruit Me -abuja Bombing Suspect by oloyedayo(m): 8:14pm On Oct 25, 2015
many religious leaders fall in this category, the sole reason why many of them are not speaking against BH.
Re: My Imam Helped Boko Haram Recruit Me -abuja Bombing Suspect by dustmalik: 8:33pm On Oct 25, 2015
This guy is a disgrace to the well-meaning people of Ebira land.
Re: My Imam Helped Boko Haram Recruit Me -abuja Bombing Suspect by wachakuta(m): 8:38pm On Oct 25, 2015
So where d Imam de?
Catch d Imam... he will show u d sponsors..
It's time to end dis shit
Re: My Imam Helped Boko Haram Recruit Me -abuja Bombing Suspect by mekaboy(m): 9:02pm On Oct 25, 2015
And Nigeria is spending billions of the nations resources fighting an ideology with Guns.
Re: My Imam Helped Boko Haram Recruit Me -abuja Bombing Suspect by Amiano(m): 9:03pm On Oct 25, 2015
Dis is an open secrete, we all know d Imams ar contributing to dis prblm

(1) (Reply)

Buhari: I Want To Be Remembered As The President Who Fought Corruption / Nigerians Scooping Fuel From Ill-fated Trucks: Poverty, Greed Or Stupidity! / Detailed Ministerial List By States And Portfolios

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.