Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,093 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:10 AM

Breaking: Ogunwusi Emerges 51st Ooni Of Ife [PHOTO] - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking: Ogunwusi Emerges 51st Ooni Of Ife [PHOTO] (1486 Views)

Arthur Nzeribe Pictured At Gerald Irona's 51st Birthday Years After Death Rumors / Osun Water Corporation Functioning In Ile-ife (photo) / Obasanjo Welcomes The New Ooni Of Ife (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking: Ogunwusi Emerges 51st Ooni Of Ife [PHOTO] by Dotng: 6:14am On Oct 26, 2015
Breaking: Ogunwusi emerges 51st Ooni of Ife

Barely three months after the death of Oba Okunade Sijuwade, Prince Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi of the Giesi ruling house has emerged the 51st Ooni of Ile-Ife, Osun State governor Rauf Aregbesola has said in a press statement.

Aregbesola said in the brief statement that the kingmakers of Ife had completed the required process and communicated the choice of Prince Ogunwusi to his office for approval.
Ogunwusi takes over from Oba Sijuade, who died on July 28, 2015 in a London hospital.
See statement below:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/10/breaking-ogunwusi-emerges-51st-ooni-of-ife/

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Ogunwusi Emerges 51st Ooni Of Ife [PHOTO] by aye9ice007(m): 6:18am On Oct 26, 2015
May the gods protect him and guide him to lead the yoruba nation! I reserve ma idobale till I see crown for ur head!

2 Likes

Re: Breaking: Ogunwusi Emerges 51st Ooni Of Ife [PHOTO] by Florblu(f): 6:28am On Oct 26, 2015
Hmmmm
Re: Breaking: Ogunwusi Emerges 51st Ooni Of Ife [PHOTO] by Florblu(f): 6:29am On Oct 26, 2015
I can be your ABOBAKU

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Ogunwusi Emerges 51st Ooni Of Ife [PHOTO] by kayemdy: 6:34am On Oct 26, 2015
Congratulations to him.....may he rule with wisdom
Re: Breaking: Ogunwusi Emerges 51st Ooni Of Ife [PHOTO] by Funminicrown: 6:36am On Oct 26, 2015
Re: Breaking: Ogunwusi Emerges 51st Ooni Of Ife [PHOTO] by Jalubarika(m): 6:38am On Oct 26, 2015
I'm available, he'd surely needs an Abòbaku.
I have enough qualification, the swag and all that.
Re: Breaking: Ogunwusi Emerges 51st Ooni Of Ife [PHOTO] by nwadiuko1(m): 6:40am On Oct 26, 2015
Hope its not another egunje collecting ex olopa like we have in lagos state

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Ogunwusi Emerges 51st Ooni Of Ife [PHOTO] by Opinedecandid(m): 6:41am On Oct 26, 2015
Congratulations to him.
He looks young and handsome.

When we were younger, we used to think such a traditional seat must be occupied by a fiercely looking man.

It is well.

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Ogunwusi Emerges 51st Ooni Of Ife [PHOTO] by dejonathan(f): 6:48am On Oct 26, 2015
Gudluck to him
Re: Breaking: Ogunwusi Emerges 51st Ooni Of Ife [PHOTO] by akunjohn(m): 6:50am On Oct 26, 2015
Congrats to him.
Those who want to be 'abobaku' to him....

Go get a life.
Re: Breaking: Ogunwusi Emerges 51st Ooni Of Ife [PHOTO] by agabusta: 7:03am On Oct 26, 2015
Congrats to the handsome Ooni.
Re: Breaking: Ogunwusi Emerges 51st Ooni Of Ife [PHOTO] by sunkoye: 7:04am On Oct 26, 2015
Florblu:
I can be your ABOBAKU
ole...am not sure a chick would fit to that post. cheesy
Re: Breaking: Ogunwusi Emerges 51st Ooni Of Ife [PHOTO] by FYB(m): 7:05am On Oct 26, 2015
gudlock 2him He is well schooled, I think he has what it takes to lead the good people of IFE to the next level.

choose your ABOBAKU with care ooooo, I no wan hear say abobaku d miss. ......lol
Re: Breaking: Ogunwusi Emerges 51st Ooni Of Ife [PHOTO] by gamaliel121(m): 7:06am On Oct 26, 2015
Nicee onee
Re: Breaking: Ogunwusi Emerges 51st Ooni Of Ife [PHOTO] by Samirana360(m): 7:08am On Oct 26, 2015
who's d new abobaku?...@op go and apply
Re: Breaking: Ogunwusi Emerges 51st Ooni Of Ife [PHOTO] by Nobody: 7:09am On Oct 26, 2015
I thought it is the gods that choose? So who nominates the abobaku?

Dele Momodu should step forward to be crowned as the next abobaku.
Re: Breaking: Ogunwusi Emerges 51st Ooni Of Ife [PHOTO] by engrfcuksmtin(m): 7:09am On Oct 26, 2015
K
Re: Breaking: Ogunwusi Emerges 51st Ooni Of Ife [PHOTO] by Ryabcool(m): 7:14am On Oct 26, 2015
Whoop Whoop!
Re: Breaking: Ogunwusi Emerges 51st Ooni Of Ife [PHOTO] by porka: 7:17am On Oct 26, 2015
[size=14pt]K a b i e s i !

K'ade o pe lori, ki bata o pe lese! [/size]
Re: Breaking: Ogunwusi Emerges 51st Ooni Of Ife [PHOTO] by MayorofLagos(m): 7:18am On Oct 26, 2015
Florblu:
I can be your ABOBAKU

I hope you are serious. The process of choosing female Ilari for Kings has been updated a little but the tradition and the rituals remain same. In past, Ilaris come from designated families but interest in education has depleted the pool of qualified bodyguards, making it an open sourcing but confined to same basic qualifiers.
Do you really want to be an Ilari? cool
Re: Breaking: Ogunwusi Emerges 51st Ooni Of Ife [PHOTO] by Mega005(m): 7:21am On Oct 26, 2015
Congratss my friend.. I am available for the title of Balogun..
Re: Breaking: Ogunwusi Emerges 51st Ooni Of Ife [PHOTO] by kaypound(m): 7:25am On Oct 26, 2015
Congrats...

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Ogunwusi Emerges 51st Ooni Of Ife [PHOTO] by kunzo: 7:28am On Oct 26, 2015
On Irish, congratulations in advance.
Re: Breaking: Ogunwusi Emerges 51st Ooni Of Ife [PHOTO] by Exmay(m): 7:31am On Oct 26, 2015
Congrats Bro... And by the way let your first decree be the nullification of the imposers title of Eze Ndigbo.... Doing this will ensure peaceful rein for you. Once again congrats My Nigga....
Re: Breaking: Ogunwusi Emerges 51st Ooni Of Ife [PHOTO] by kingdompropty: 7:34am On Oct 26, 2015
The Oba yes ! The Idol no !

Its high time they abolished the Idol worship involved in the stool, since the stool is democratically chosen, at what point is idolatry involvement need?
Re: Breaking: Ogunwusi Emerges 51st Ooni Of Ife [PHOTO] by Florblu(f): 7:38am On Oct 26, 2015
MayorofLagos:

I hope you are serious. The process of choosing female Ilari for Kings has been updated a little but the tradition and the rituals remain same. In past, Ilaris come from designated families but interest in education has depleted the pool of qualified bodyguards, making it an open sourcing but confined to same basic qualifiers.
Do you really want to be an Ilari? cool

And it seems you don't know the difference between ILARI and ABOBAKU
From their monicker you shall know them
Re: Breaking: Ogunwusi Emerges 51st Ooni Of Ife [PHOTO] by pbs4real(m): 8:27am On Oct 26, 2015
Congratz to the new oba,may u live long smiley
Re: Breaking: Ogunwusi Emerges 51st Ooni Of Ife [PHOTO] by Nobody: 8:31am On Oct 26, 2015
be noni.
Re: Breaking: Ogunwusi Emerges 51st Ooni Of Ife [PHOTO] by Holywizard: 8:39am On Oct 26, 2015
nonsense!!!!

(1) (Reply)

Boko Haram Says Chibok Girls Would Surely Be Released On Monday / 2015 Africa Corruption Ranking / Lagosian Cries Out For APC To Return His Votes - Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.