Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,589 members, 7,812,918 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:27 PM

Lessons Learnt From An Exclusive Owambe Party - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Lessons Learnt From An Exclusive Owambe Party (936 Views)

6 Kinds Of People You Will Always Find At 'Owambe' Parties In Nigeria. / 10 Types Of People You Find At Every Owambe / 13 Pictures You'll Understand If You've Ever Attended An Owambe Uninvited... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Lessons Learnt From An Exclusive Owambe Party by MagnaB: 8:01am On Oct 26, 2015
It was some minutes past 3pm when my old man came home and headed for my room, he had this bright smile on his face that just wanted to tell a lot to me but me lying down and playing with my tablet I was too engrossed for me to be able to decipher he had an offer for me. He left me jokingly in peace and went to meet his wife, my mother to tell her that he had an event to attend and he was looking for someone to accompany him but I guess she was also engrossed in her Africa Magic movie and was not ready to trade anything for it and so he left us, entered his vehicle and was about to zoom off when my mother told me that chief Ebenezer obey was going to be the musician in charge of the event and that sprouted me to jump from whatever I was doing to quickly run back to my old man that I have accepted his offer. I ran off to my room to wear something for the owambe event and quickly the both of us left home for the event. On getting there I had to struggle to get somewhere I could park the vehicle as the event Centre was crowded with cars, sorry luxury vehicles. i locked the vehicle and we both began heading towards the hall, on getting to the front of the hall we met the first set of bouncers demanding for an invitation before anyone could enter for the event, every guest there with us were shocked as no one expected that. Fortunately for me pop man brought his invitation with him besides, the celebrant is a friend of his and that is how we were able to beat the first set of bouncers. We got closer to the main door to the hall and it deemed on me that I am kind of underdressed for the event but I shook it off me afterall it was impromptu for me. Now we meet the next set of bouncers, but this time a lot scarier than the previous. They again request for the same thing, an invitation and my old man did not hesitate to show them, only for them to tell him I cannot enter for the event, I felt embarrassed but I did not care afterall the event was not for my age bracket but as usual my old man has his ways of doing things and so we entered. The moment I stepped my foot in the hall I knew this is not the type of owambe I have ever attended before so scanned everywhere as my old man exchanged pleasantries with all the known faces he was acquainted with, we found some of his close friends around and we sat next to them but in my mind all I was silently looking for was my icon in whom I respect a lot, chief commander Ebenezer Obey and YES! I found him as he was just seated right at my front. He looked very active for someone of his age and I was just eager to hear him sing as I waited patiently. As I waited for the musician to perform I continued scanning the hall to search for some beautiful faces I could marvel at and I carefully observed everyone at the event. The event was high class I have to confess as exotic, local and assorted food were in excess supply and even champagne drinks of different brand were also in excess supply, all you had to do was just to request for whatever you wanted. Lest I forget, the mummies where also looking so dashing as they came with much effect and the men I have to say were also looking superbly dressed as most men were dressed in their Agbada, all I saw was a coven of the wealthy. As I was lost in my thought I just heard baba’s voice as he began to sing, his voice drew me deep into the music as I concentrated on him as he slowly chanted praises of the celebrant. I have to say that that man (Chief Ebenezer Obey) is like a wine, he gets better by the day. After all the dancing and what have you I began to think deeply as I have always believed that there is always a lesson to learn in every ordeal, and as I was lost in my thought some points dropped in my mind which I would like to share with you reading this.
The first is wealth acquisition is a process; you don’t have to look for it the fast way that can destroy you like the youths of this day wants it. As long as you are diligent in what you do, then wealth is bound to come knocking at your door.
The next point is make yourself active, climb ladders that can take you to the top and don’t relent. Get that Ph.D. you want, go for that course you want to study, meet the right set of people that can contribute to your success in life as this will go a long way to help you in life.
The last point is make friends with people, when you make friends with people it will not be hard for you to invite a thousand people to your event and still get that amount of people present. One thing I have learnt from life is that what goes around comes back around, when you are good to people, be rest assured people will also be good to you too.
Before I forget to tell you, I got high with my old man and his friends and that feeling was awesome as we chatted. And naso I drop this pen for another day. Bye

Cc: lalasticalala
Re: Lessons Learnt From An Exclusive Owambe Party by blessedapple: 11:48am On Oct 26, 2015
Good to know.

After getting high with your old man and all the lessons learnt,
how have you planed personal your growing-up, all-round development
and ascending to your old man's level (if u like what you witnessed there)
or even ascending higher than your old man did?
Re: Lessons Learnt From An Exclusive Owambe Party by MagnaB: 1:22pm On Oct 26, 2015
blessedapple:
Good to know.

After getting high with your old man and all the lessons learnt,
how have you planed personal your growing-up, all-round development
and ascending to your old man's level (if u like what you witnessed there)
or even ascending higher than your old man did?
That is personal. God help us all

(1) (Reply)

See What I Spotted During The Order Of Photograph At A Weeding(photo) / MISS AJEGUNLE CITY 2016: The First Ever Beauty Pageant In Ajegunle / Professional Video Coverage Services

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.