Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,939 members, 7,821,289 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:59 AM

End Of Eze Title In West - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / End Of Eze Title In West (936 Views)

Jacob Zuma Bags Chieftaincy Title In Imo, Nigeria (Photos, Video) / President Buhari Honoured With Igbo Traditional Title In Abia State / Picture Of Eze Ndigbo Of Kano With Sanusi. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

End Of Eze Title In West by MayorofLagos(m): 8:36am On Oct 26, 2015
The Afenifere Renewal Group, ARG, has expressed support for the stand of the Deji of Akure, Oba Aladetoyinbo Aladelusi, against the continued existence of the Eze Ndigbo title by South-easterners residing in the town, the capital of Ondo State, Nigeria.

The Yoruba organisation on Thursday described the Eze Ndigbo title as unsubstantial adding that the stand of the Akure monarch would help to put the South-west and its culture on a pedestal.

The ARG said this act by the Deji of Akure would go down in the history of Yoruba nation and amongst other nationalities as noble and needful.

According to the organisation, “contrary to what many particularly the mischief makers have been saying, this move has the potential to strengthen inter-ethnic relationship as it eliminates the friction points amongst nationalities, be it in Yorubaland or elsewhere.

“There is no gainsaying that the structure of Eze Ndigbo outside Igboland is deployed towards an expansionist end, with possible occupational intent.

“It is our conviction that the Igbo community in Yorubaland does not need to have a king, since by Yoruba custom, two kings cannot coexist in a domain.

“Yorubaland, from time immemorial, welcomes and encourages trade associations and development unions and their activities are supported by Yoruba people who are ever tolerant of settlers amongst them.

“We therefore want to reiterate our proposition to the heads of executive governments in Yorubaland and other traditional rulers that the title of Eze Ndigbo, or any other monarchical title that is alien to Yoruba customs, be scrapped in all Southwest states.”

http://thenewsnigeria.com.ng/2015/10/yoruba-group-supports-akure-monarch-on-eze-ndigbo-title/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: End Of Eze Title In West by rhymaster: 8:39am On Oct 26, 2015
Yes, let zooafrans go and have their monarchy in zooboland!
Re: End Of Eze Title In West by Nobody: 9:00am On Oct 26, 2015
rhymaster:
Yes, let zooafrans go and have their monarchy in zooboland!
Nice one.
Re: End Of Eze Title In West by redsconsult(m): 9:13am On Oct 26, 2015
bia bia fraud
Re: End Of Eze Title In West by Nobody: 9:42am On Oct 26, 2015
I support this move. There is no need having any form of Eze Ndigbo outside Igbo land. It is a pity that Ohaneze is no longer useful otherwise they ought to have addressed issues like this long before now. We could have Igbo leaders in places where there are large number of Igbos but calling such a person an Eze (King) is very unnecessary.
Re: End Of Eze Title In West by Nobody: 9:47am On Oct 26, 2015
@Setaje how are you? i missed ya. No sweet pix on your profile again?

1 Like

Re: End Of Eze Title In West by Beremx(f): 9:49am On Oct 26, 2015
EUROBOMBER:
i support this move. There is no need having any form of Eze Ndigbo outside Igbo land. It is a pity that Ohaneze is no longer useful otherwise they ought to have addressed issues like this long before now. We could have Igbo leaders in places where there are large number of Igbos but calling such a person an Eze (King) is very unnecessary.
It is very shameful Ohanaeze Ndi Igbo leaders didn't issue one statement concerning this issue. They have long lost their value.
Re: End Of Eze Title In West by OZAOEKPE(f): 9:52am On Oct 26, 2015
EUROBOMBER:
I support this move. There is no need having any form of Eze Ndigbo outside Igbo land. It is a pity that Ohaneze is no longer useful otherwise they ought to have addressed issues like this long before now. We could have Igbo leaders in places where there are large number of Igbos but calling such a person an Eze (King) is very unnecessary.
You've been brainwashed
Re: End Of Eze Title In West by eminikansoso(m): 9:58am On Oct 26, 2015
Igbo kwenu
How market
Go back to east and develop your zone and leave west with their land.
Abi na by force
Re: End Of Eze Title In West by Setaje(f): 9:59am On Oct 26, 2015
EUROBOMBER:
@Setaje how are you? i missed ya. No sweet pix on your profile again?

Not taken any new pics in a while now. It's nice to have u back
Re: End Of Eze Title In West by Nobody: 10:00am On Oct 26, 2015
Beremx:
It is very shameful Ohanaeze Ndi Igbo leaders didn't issue one statement concerning this issue. They have long lost their value.
Honestly. Kings should sit in their domain or kingdoms so I wonder why we have so-called Ezes scattered all over Nigeria, makes no sense to me. Ohaneze Ndigbo are busy looking for money every where and are no longer relevant. Anyway, I like all that has been happening recently because our people are being brought back to earth with a bang. Imagine calling Lagos which shares no boundary with the East no man's land just because we have very good representation in the state population. See a lot of SS people on nairaland distancing themselves from the IPOB madness because they don't trust our people. If we can call faraway Lagos no man's land what are we going to call SS lands if they join this Biafra? When you try to talk common sense to our people thet curse you and even call you Yoruba. I smh..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: End Of Eze Title In West by Nobody: 10:00am On Oct 26, 2015

1 Like 1 Share

Re: End Of Eze Title In West by Nobody: 10:02am On Oct 26, 2015
Setaje:

Not taken any new pics in a while now. It's nice to have u back
Thank you my dear.

1 Like

Re: End Of Eze Title In West by Nobody: 10:04am On Oct 26, 2015
Euro31:
'Shut up' kwankwaso tells yoruba elders grin

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/people-making-secessionist-threat-should-shut-up-says-kwankwaso/
When will you start being reasonable?
Re: End Of Eze Title In West by Nobody: 10:07am On Oct 26, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

When will you start being reasonable?

Re: End Of Eze Title In West by Nobody: 10:07am On Oct 26, 2015
eminikansoso:
Igbo kwenu
How market
Abi na by force

Correct. I like all that has been happening recently because it will reset the minds of my Igbo people. Let us go and develope the SE and take it to enviable status we refuse. Instead, out of greed and selfishness you see different Igbo men scattered all over Nigeria calling themselves Eze Ndigbo, what a big shame.
Re: End Of Eze Title In West by basilo101: 4:13pm On Oct 26, 2015
eminikansoso:
Igbo kwenu
How market
Abi na by force
hahaha, nonesense, ezendigbo is the leader of igbo association, yorubas are stupid, kwankwaso has told u ppl to shut up, yoruba is the problem with nigeria---- Sanusi. does anybody care if u refuse to leave ur conglomerate of rusted roofs?? u cant stop ppls freedom as guaranteed by the constitution

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Army Reveals Name Of Arrested Wanted Boko Haram Member As Chindo Bello / To My Igbo Brothers And Sisters!!! / #bayelsa Poll: PDP Takes Three Lgas As INEC Staff In Ekeremor Raise Alarm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.