Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,966 members, 7,835,223 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:16 AM

Rivers Guber: I Shall Not Be Distracted –wike - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers Guber: I Shall Not Be Distracted –wike (306 Views)

Fresh Dust Raised Over Supreme Court Decision On Rivers Guber Election / Six Reasons Why Dakuku Peterside Of APC Will Win Rivers Guber Elections Rerun / Rivers Guber: More Facebook Postings Expose Okoye’s Membership Of APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Rivers Guber: I Shall Not Be Distracted –wike by NaijNewsToday: 9:27am On Oct 26, 2015
Rivers State Governor, Chief Ezebunwo Nyesom Wike has assured his supporters and members of the Peopes Democratic Party (PDP) in the state that he would certainly prevail over his adversaries and retain his mandate as governor of the state.
This is, as he said, the verdict of the state Election Petitions Tribunal, which annulled his election, will not distract him as he will remain focused on his vision and continue to deliver on the fundamental promises of improving security, massive development of infrastructure and socio- economic empowerment in the state.

Wike, who spoke in a state-wide broadcast to the people of the state yesterday, said apart from the reported malfunctioning of the card readers supplied by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), which placed no advantage on any of the contestants, the election took place throughout the state.

The governor said, “We all know that on April 11, 2015, Rivers people in their millions joined the rest of the country, and enthusiastically participated in electing their governor and members of the state House of Assembly.

“Apart from the reported malfunctioning of the card readers supplied by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), which placed no advantage on any of the contestants, the election took place throughout ‘the state and was adjudged credible by both local and international observers. The only process, recognised by the current Electoral Act, was used to accredit voters all over the country.

“So far, I am not aware of any state where the election was postponed as a result of failure of card readers. Furthermore, the Court of Appeal in Agbaje v Ambode clearly stated that the partial or non-use of card readers is not the basis for the cancellation of an election.

SOURCE: http://www.thenews.ng/2015/10/26/rivers-guber-i-shall-not-be-distracted-wike/

Re: Rivers Guber: I Shall Not Be Distracted –wike by orobs93(m): 9:48am On Oct 26, 2015
Ok
Sometimes even good people get evil as their reward..
Sometimes even the innocent get punished

Sometimes the perpetrator of the offence goes scot free...such is life.

U can term it unfair

Wike take a chill pill and accept defeat both apc and pdp killed souls but for now the apc are in control of things so be it.

(1) (Reply)

EFCC To Arraign Former Benue Governor In Court Over N3.1bn Fraud / [LIST] Nigeria's Best Performing Governors Since Their May 29 Inauguration / Former Minister Of Education, Aja-nwachukwu Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.