Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,288 members, 7,867,763 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 11:59 PM

NCC Slam N1tr Fine On MTN Over Breach Of SIM Registration Rules - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NCC Slam N1tr Fine On MTN Over Breach Of SIM Registration Rules (693 Views)

Court Slams N5 Million Fine On EFCC For Violation Of Right / Reps Probe Tukur, Baraje Over N1tr Rail Projects / Reps Begin Probe Of EFCC Over N1tr Assets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NCC Slam N1tr Fine On MTN Over Breach Of SIM Registration Rules by Nobody: 9:43am On Oct 26, 2015
Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) has reportedly slammed a record N1.04 trillion fine against MTN Nigeria over alleged breach of SIM registration rules.

MTN allegedly had pre-registered SIM cards in their systems which make it impossible to verify the personal details of subscribers by utilizing their biometric attributes, thereby comprising national security.

It would be recalled that in September, the NCC also sanctioned the four of Nigeria’s leading telecom operators including MTN having pre-registered SIM cards in their systems.

Others were Airtel Nigeria, Globacom Nigeria and Etisalat Nigeria which along with MTN were asked to pay N120.4 million for failing to fully comply with the directive of the Commission to deactivate pre-registered and defective customer SIM cards.

While MTN, which controls over 62 million subscribers on its network, was asked to Pay N102.2 million; Globacom was slammed with N7.4 million; Etisalat N7 million and Airtel N3.8 million.

NCC insists that the practice of using biometrics for SIM card verification not only works as a proof of ownership credential, but it also creates a sense of accountability among SIM card owners to not use their mobile phones in any kind of criminal activities

https://www.today.ng/news/28409/ncc-slam-n1tr-fine-on-mtn-over-breach-of-sim-registration-rules
Re: NCC Slam N1tr Fine On MTN Over Breach Of SIM Registration Rules by OZAOEKPE(f): 9:46am On Oct 26, 2015
"shout out to ECOTERRORS wherever she is now, I was banned so I couldn't post on your farewell thread, I know you seeing this now, I love you so much".
Re: NCC Slam N1tr Fine On MTN Over Breach Of SIM Registration Rules by chrixus(m): 9:58am On Oct 26, 2015
Good for those thieves
Re: NCC Slam N1tr Fine On MTN Over Breach Of SIM Registration Rules by ricsman(m): 10:01am On Oct 26, 2015
hmmm

I trillion naira na beans. Abi NCC wan rob them
Re: NCC Slam N1tr Fine On MTN Over Breach Of SIM Registration Rules by XYZ123: 11:14am On Oct 26, 2015
shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: NCC Slam N1tr Fine On MTN Over Breach Of SIM Registration Rules by Nobody: 11:28am On Oct 26, 2015
MTN is going....at the expense of national security grin
Re: NCC Slam N1tr Fine On MTN Over Breach Of SIM Registration Rules by Singingbae(m): 12:04pm On Oct 26, 2015
cheesy grin
Re: NCC Slam N1tr Fine On MTN Over Breach Of SIM Registration Rules by Vikkie14: 12:35pm On Oct 26, 2015
eMpTy heN should be licensed more than that. Their heN is really eMpTy--shey na dia spam messages pesin wan talk abt abi dia incessant calls?

(1) (Reply)

Firm Twinkle World Drags Pdp To Court Over Non-payment Of N360 Million / Amaechi's Confirmation, Interesting Picture / Lagos State Government Begins Raid On Criminal Hideouts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.