Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,649 members, 7,809,453 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:53 AM

Reps Probe Tukur, Baraje Over N1tr Rail Projects - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reps Probe Tukur, Baraje Over N1tr Rail Projects (14075 Views)

No Fund For Eastern Rail Projects Yet - FG / Amaechi Pledges To Complete Ongoing Rail Projects, Calls For Cooperation / Reps Begin Probe Of EFCC Over N1tr Assets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reps Probe Tukur, Baraje Over N1tr Rail Projects by DONSMITH123(m): 8:01am On Dec 07, 2015
Former national chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) Bamanga Tukur, and three other successive chairmen of the Nigeria Railway Corporation (NRC) have been summoned by the House of Representatives over alleged N1trillion rail contracts.

Tukur, alongside another former chairman of the party, who is now a chieftain of the All Progressives Congress (APC) Abubakar Kawu Baraje, Ambassador Ladan Shuni and Halliru Bello are scheduled to appear before the lawmakers’ investigative committee on trail transport on Thursday.

Tukur had served as the chairman of the NRC following his resignation as the PDP national chairman.
Minister of transport, Rotimi Amaechi was also invited by the panel to give account on the rehabilitation of rail tracks, standard gauge, bridges, coaches, wagons and locomotives between 2010 and 2014.

Chairman of the ad hoc committee, Rep Ehiozuwa Johnson Agbonayinma (PDP Edo) told journalists at the weekend that the essence of the probe was not to witch hunt anybody but to let Nigerians know how their tax money is being spent.
“In the court of law you are innocent until proven guilty. We will adhere to fair hearing but anyone found wanting will be exposed.
“Like I said earlier, this rail contract probe is not primarily designed to rubbish anybody but we must unearth how every kobo was spent and let Nigerians know how it was spent,” he said.

He said all relevant stakeholders were invited by the committee to give their accounts so as to arrive at a holistic understanding and subsequent action by the House.

“The Minister of Transport Rotimi Amaechi was also invited to tell us all he knows, though he just assumed office but you know government is a continuum,” he added.

The lawmakers’ investigation followed a motion on NRC on the award of contracts for rehabilitation of railway tracks, maintenance of bridges and procurement/rehabilitation of coaches and locomotives from 2010-2014.

Cc: lalasticlala

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/reps-probe-tukur-baraje-over-n1tr-rail-projects/123044.html

1 Share

Re: Reps Probe Tukur, Baraje Over N1tr Rail Projects by OsusuMustFlow(f): 8:04am On Dec 07, 2015
Season of Probe. I hope APC is not on a revenge mission?

4 Likes

Re: Reps Probe Tukur, Baraje Over N1tr Rail Projects by OnankpaBa(m): 8:07am On Dec 07, 2015
Tukur, alongside another former chairman of the party, who is now a chieftain of the All Progressives Congress (APC) Abubakar Kawu Baraje, Ambassador Ladan Shuni and Halliru Bello are scheduled to appear before the lawmakers’ investigative committee on trail transport on Thursday.

are we still calling it a witch-hunt? The should go and clear their names. Simple.

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reps Probe Tukur, Baraje Over N1tr Rail Projects by kidgod: 8:07am On Dec 07, 2015
Probe. Probe. Probe ...

We need convictions!

Kidgod

3 Likes

Re: Reps Probe Tukur, Baraje Over N1tr Rail Projects by DONSMITH123(m): 8:08am On Dec 07, 2015
OsusuMustFlow:

i don't think so my dear. If Tukur is clean, he should come out and clear his name.

9 Likes

Re: Reps Probe Tukur, Baraje Over N1tr Rail Projects by OnankpaBa(m): 8:09am On Dec 07, 2015
OsusuMustFlow:

wetin dis one sef dey yarn?

33 Likes

Re: Reps Probe Tukur, Baraje Over N1tr Rail Projects by greatiyk4u(m): 8:09am On Dec 07, 2015
And the probe continues

1 Like

Re: Reps Probe Tukur, Baraje Over N1tr Rail Projects by OsusuMustFlow(f): 8:09am On Dec 07, 2015
DONSMITH123:

i don't think so my dear. If Tukur is clean, he should come out and clear his name.

grin

1 Like

Re: Reps Probe Tukur, Baraje Over N1tr Rail Projects by OsusuMustFlow(f): 8:10am On Dec 07, 2015
OnankpaBa:

wetin dis one sef dey yarn?

no vex sir

1 Like

Re: Reps Probe Tukur, Baraje Over N1tr Rail Projects by Nobody: 8:10am On Dec 07, 2015
probe everywhere
Re: Reps Probe Tukur, Baraje Over N1tr Rail Projects by oluwaSmith1(f): 8:11am On Dec 07, 2015
Buhari government is all about probe, we need the change they promised us.
Re: Reps Probe Tukur, Baraje Over N1tr Rail Projects by OnankpaBa(m): 8:12am On Dec 07, 2015
OsusuMustFlow:

no vex sir
Re: Reps Probe Tukur, Baraje Over N1tr Rail Projects by OnankpaBa(m): 8:12am On Dec 07, 2015
oluwaSmith1:
Buhari government is all about probe, we need the change they promised us.

we are still cleaning the mess of GEJ. grin

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reps Probe Tukur, Baraje Over N1tr Rail Projects by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:17am On Dec 07, 2015
Bamanga Tukur, the Ambassador at Large.
Re: Reps Probe Tukur, Baraje Over N1tr Rail Projects by bewla(m): 8:23am On Dec 07, 2015
ok
Re: Reps Probe Tukur, Baraje Over N1tr Rail Projects by Sijo01(f): 8:27am On Dec 07, 2015
Thieves everywhere
Re: Reps Probe Tukur, Baraje Over N1tr Rail Projects by Pavore9: 8:27am On Dec 07, 2015
Some when asked after their earthly journey to give account of themselves they would accuse God of 'Witch hunting'..... cheesy cheesy cheesy

24 Likes

Re: Reps Probe Tukur, Baraje Over N1tr Rail Projects by IbokUtoroh(m): 8:30am On Dec 07, 2015
OnankpaBa:

how many years will it take to clean d mess?
Re: Reps Probe Tukur, Baraje Over N1tr Rail Projects by modath(f): 8:31am On Dec 07, 2015
DONSMITH123:

He has already started a propaganda by alleging failed assasination attempt to whip up sentiments..

7 Likes

Re: Reps Probe Tukur, Baraje Over N1tr Rail Projects by modath(f): 8:33am On Dec 07, 2015
Pavore9:
Some when asked after their earthly journey to give account of themselves they would accuse God of 'Witch hunting'..... cheesy cheesy cheesy

#Postoftheday !! Spot on.. smiley

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reps Probe Tukur, Baraje Over N1tr Rail Projects by wachakuta(m): 8:36am On Dec 07, 2015
Death sentence is needed in this Country

1 Like

Re: Reps Probe Tukur, Baraje Over N1tr Rail Projects by bamite(m): 8:40am On Dec 07, 2015
I'm ok if its only corruption this administration fights

4 Likes

Re: Reps Probe Tukur, Baraje Over N1tr Rail Projects by DONSMITH123(m): 8:43am On Dec 07, 2015
modath:

He has already started a propaganda by alleging failed assasination attempt to whip up sentiments..

you believed that APC's hand is involved in all the assasinations?

2 Likes

Re: Reps Probe Tukur, Baraje Over N1tr Rail Projects by SmithEnemona(m): 8:44am On Dec 07, 2015
isokay. Call me when they enter Kuje
Re: Reps Probe Tukur, Baraje Over N1tr Rail Projects by OnankpaBa(m): 8:46am On Dec 07, 2015
IbokUtoroh:

how many years will it take to clean d mess?

surely, Buhari will hit the ground running 2016.

4 Likes

Re: Reps Probe Tukur, Baraje Over N1tr Rail Projects by OnankpaBa(m): 8:47am On Dec 07, 2015
wachakuta:
Death sentence is needed in this Country

i tell you.
Re: Reps Probe Tukur, Baraje Over N1tr Rail Projects by OnankpaBa(m): 8:49am On Dec 07, 2015
where lalasticlala sef?

lalasticlala ohohohohohohohohohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh grin grin grin grin

Food dey here for all the wailers calling for witch hunting
Re: Reps Probe Tukur, Baraje Over N1tr Rail Projects by oluwaSmith1(f): 8:51am On Dec 07, 2015
OnankpaBa:

really?
Re: Reps Probe Tukur, Baraje Over N1tr Rail Projects by SirSmithHarry(m): 8:56am On Dec 07, 2015
Pavore9:
Re: Reps Probe Tukur, Baraje Over N1tr Rail Projects by SirSmithHarry(m): 8:58am On Dec 07, 2015
We are watching! But until IBB, Obasanjo & Tinubu are probed, then this corruption fight hasn't started!

1 Like

Re: Reps Probe Tukur, Baraje Over N1tr Rail Projects by OnankpaBa(m): 9:09am On Dec 07, 2015
oluwaSmith1:

really?

yes ma
Re: Reps Probe Tukur, Baraje Over N1tr Rail Projects by OnankpaBa(m): 9:09am On Dec 07, 2015
SirSmithHarry:
We are watching! But until IBB, Obasanjo & Tinubu are probed, then this corruption fight hasn't started!

Jonathan will soon be invited on the arms deal probe.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Baseless Lies About Property In Igboland / Shehu Sani Speaks Against APC Indirect Primaries / Kaduna Residents Lament Persistent Increase In Prices Of Commodities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.