Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,218 members, 7,818,754 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:25 AM

Dear Female Entrepreneurs, Appearance Matters! - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Dear Female Entrepreneurs, Appearance Matters! (848 Views)

Mr & Miss Nigeria International 2017 Contestants Make First Appearance (photos) / Beautiful Outfits For A Stunning Holiday Appearance / The Adidas Shiftwear Sneaker, A Sneaker That Can Change Its Appearance. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dear Female Entrepreneurs, Appearance Matters! by Nobody: 1:36pm On Oct 26, 2015
DEAR FEMTREPRENEUR, APPEARANCE MATTERS.

Nobody ever said it was going to be a cakewalk. Entrepreneurship is not for the faint hearted. Oh yea I said that. The faint hearted had better get ready to faint more than once. And Yea, that pun was intended! But our strength is what makes us women. It’s what defines us. The ability to stand up to the challenges that come with this path that you have chosen, balancing the books, handling your staff, petting your clients, these come with the title girl. But please do yourself a favour and look good while you are at it!

PLAY WITH STATEMENT PIECES.
Except you made a personal pact with your favourite colour to love and to hold in sickness and in health, girlfriend, statement pieces are as needed as insurance. Monochrome prints, LBD, polka dots, stripes……..keep them close and have some fun. Yes we know you mean business, but you gotta bring it on fingerlickın' style!

YOUR SKIN NEEDS CARE TOO
Your skin says a lot about how meticulous you are. Take time to cleanse and ex foliate. Care for your skin. Its yours, and No one else can take care of it for you. We’re in Africa, and in this part of the world a lot of people still equate good looking skin with successful women. And if that woman is an entrepreneur, it may just mean she has a lot of business coming in, which means she is good at what she does. Don’t you just love the African train of thought?

DRESS TO SEND THE RIGHT MESSAGE
Okay okay okay. We know you got that killer figure and all them things that your momma gave you, but except your boobs and fresh thighs can go in the shopping cart along with all the other products or services you offer, keep them off display during times when you’d be meeting with clients or investors. Or better still, use a NOT FOR SALE sticker on the areas in question.

ITS CALLED MAKE UP, NOT MAKE RIDICULOUS
You know the drill. Make up makes you look good. Confident. But like ijebu garri, if its too much, you may just get more than what you bargained for. So keep this in mind and always apply make up to enhance your beauty. The rainbow was a symbol of covenant between God and Noah. Don’t try to recreate it on your face.

TAKE CARE OF THAT BREATH
Bad news spreads like wild fire. And this kind of news will make the tabloids. It will break the Internet. It could even make breaking news on TV. The story of that fine girl with the the 3Bs. Beauty, Brains, and Bad breath! Damn. That didn’t even sound nice.

NATURES CROWNING GLORY
Your hair can make or mar an outfit. Whether its your natural hair, or its artificial, pay so”me attention. Keep it well oiled, combed or packed properly and neatly. You just never know who’s looking.

People don’t like to admit it, but first impression matters. A whole lot. For people to take you serious, you must first show them that you take yourself serious. Believe it or not, everything else comes after!

2 Likes

Re: Dear Female Entrepreneurs, Appearance Matters! by Nobody: 1:42pm On Oct 26, 2015
Keep the ball rolling,the true spirit of enterprenuer.I love the part“Believe it or not everything else comes after".
Re: Dear Female Entrepreneurs, Appearance Matters! by Nobody: 5:04pm On Oct 26, 2015
Mrcdorv:
Keep the ball rolling,the true spirit of enterprenuer.I love the part“Believe it or not everything else comes after".

Thanks. I appreciate.
Re: Dear Female Entrepreneurs, Appearance Matters! by bextie: 9:38pm On Oct 26, 2015
Sister I beg to differ a bit. break grounds and get the company rolling, then and after then fashion consciousness can follow. To get to the top one needs not be distracted.
Re: Dear Female Entrepreneurs, Appearance Matters! by arabianights: 9:37am On Oct 27, 2015
bextie:
Sister I beg to differ a bit. break grounds and get the company rolling, then and after then fashion consciousness can follow. To get to the top one needs not be distracted.

you clearly dont know what time it is.....my friend please go back to your drawing board and re strategise
Re: Dear Female Entrepreneurs, Appearance Matters! by Nobody: 12:09pm On Oct 27, 2015
bextie:

No one is saying the company shouldnt roll o. By all means, it should. I'm just tired of seeing female entrepreneurs looking a mess and blaming it on the business. I go out a lot, and i'm opportuned to meet high profile people who in one way or the other become catalysts of the growth of my business. Not once have i come accross any of them who didnt first assess appearance before deciding to give me audience (some do it subconciously so you may not even notice), even the ones who werent properly dressed themselves!
In some cases, i've lost business because i show up a meeting or event looking somewhat unkempt. Appearance really matters.
This doesnt mean you cant meet new people and communicate with customers or investors if you arent well dressed, It will just take you three times the effort to catch their attention and secure their confidence.
Re: Dear Female Entrepreneurs, Appearance Matters! by bextie: 1:37pm On Oct 27, 2015
you clearly dont know what time it is.....my friend please go back to your drawing board and re strategise

It is not about knowing what time it is. For crying out loud you are a boss with vision not an ordinary lady on the streets. nobody is saying you should not be presentable but to " carry an elephant on the head and be chasing a cricket with your legs is a no no".

(1) (Reply)

Express Passion, Creativity And Style At Jeans Festival 2015! / Eniola's Stunning Makeover By O.M.A. Artistry / Before And After Make-up Photos Of An Albino That Got People Talking (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.