Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,502 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:18 PM

My Dog Is Dead (lessons Learnt)- Pics - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / My Dog Is Dead (lessons Learnt)- Pics (3165 Views)

Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe / My Dog Is Going Blind :'( / Help, My Dog Is Dying!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Dog Is Dead (lessons Learnt)- Pics by Oooops: 7:46pm On Oct 26, 2015
With deep pains in my heart i announce the death of my dog. He has been ill through last week and i sought advice from the house on what to do via this thread:
www.nairaland.com/2674129/dog-dying
Saying i feel somuch pain and anger is an understatement. That dog was much more to me than you imagine. From Bruno's death i learnt the following

1) Never ever go to the wrong hands/ semi-trained/inexperienced doctors (Both for your personal health and your pets). If you want to treat your pet or yourself, do the best you can in the best possible place. Life is just once... I'll give anything to have my dog back

2) Ask questions on time about issues as much as you can. I learnt alot from the thread i opened but before i could apply them it was too late

3) Be observant on issues that concerns health. Whether for yourself, your kids or even your pets

To the vet Doctor who didn't even know what was wrong with Bruno but started pumping antibiotics in his system, i say God bless you richly.

Am pained!!!

Lalasticlala

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Dog Is Dead (lessons Learnt)- Pics by nairalandmaster(f): 7:46pm On Oct 26, 2015
well composed. nice info op
Re: My Dog Is Dead (lessons Learnt)- Pics by fatheritunu: 7:52pm On Oct 26, 2015
Ehyaaaaaaaaaaa. Sowie..
Re: My Dog Is Dead (lessons Learnt)- Pics by Nobody: 8:03pm On Oct 26, 2015
Oh no,,,so sorry for the loose.
Re: My Dog Is Dead (lessons Learnt)- Pics by olumide81(m): 8:06pm On Oct 26, 2015
Emotions knows no limit......sorry for your loss
Re: My Dog Is Dead (lessons Learnt)- Pics by Oooops: 8:13pm On Oct 26, 2015
Mrcdorv:
Oh no,,,so sorry for the loose.
olumide81:
fatheritunu:
Ehyaaaaaaaaaaa. Sowie..
olumide81:

Thanks you guys.... Its quite painful after even spending a whole lot!
Anyways, all is well!!!
Re: My Dog Is Dead (lessons Learnt)- Pics by Pidggin(f): 10:27pm On Oct 26, 2015
Eyahh sorry. I remember when my favorite dog died. I wasn't at home, but I felt something had happened, when I got home and learnt that it had died, I was so sad, Take heart.
Re: My Dog Is Dead (lessons Learnt)- Pics by ENIGMA24(m): 11:22pm On Oct 26, 2015
nairalandmaster:
well composed. nice info op
Well composed?
Nice info?
Can't u see the op wrote this out of pain....I could take the nice info part but the well composed is what I don't understand......are u commending his ability to relay his pain properly....cos all I see in this thread is pain nd anger ...well composed isn't going to ease the pain, I'm not saying anyother word is better....but that just seemed like commenting "lol" on an obituary announcement,
I didn't quote u to cook a fight....this is the wrong thread for that, I'm just trying to correct what I feel might be wrong.....nd I also might be wrong.....its just my view.

And to the op.....I understand your pain perfectly....I've lost two pets in the past to illness within the space of 2months....I can't still explain the pain I felt...losing bruno and dino was devastating and it has scared me out of getting anyother pet despite my love and admiration for dogs....
I hope u overcome the pain and anger and apply ur experience in handling ur next pet (I hope ur nt scared of getting a new one like me)

3 Likes

Re: My Dog Is Dead (lessons Learnt)- Pics by kodyx(f): 12:10am On Oct 27, 2015
Eeyah, I feel your loss, I can imagine what you are going through,being a dog owner myself,may it soul rest in peace..

1 Like

Re: My Dog Is Dead (lessons Learnt)- Pics by Oooops: 5:21am On Oct 27, 2015
Pidggin:
Eyahh sorry. I remember when my favorite dog died. I wasn't at home, but I felt something had happened, when I got home and learnt that it had died, I was so sad, Take heart.

Thanks man..... I appreciate! it ain't easy!
He was a big part of me...

1 Like

Re: My Dog Is Dead (lessons Learnt)- Pics by Oooops: 5:21am On Oct 27, 2015
kodyx:
Eeyah, I feel your loss, I can imagine what you are going through,being a dog owner myself,may it soul rest in peace..

Amen.... Thanks alot. Affliction will not arise the second time
Re: My Dog Is Dead (lessons Learnt)- Pics by Oooops: 5:25am On Oct 27, 2015
ENIGMA24:

Well composed?
Nice info?
Can't u see the op wrote this out of pain....I could take the nice info part but the well composed is what I don't understand......are u commending his ability to relay his pain properly....cos all I see in this thread is pain nd anger ...well composed isn't going to ease the pain, I'm not saying anyother word is better....but that just seemed like commenting "lol" on an obituary announcement,
I didn't quote u to cook a fight....this is the wrong thread for that, I'm just trying to correct what I feel might be wrong.....nd I also might be wrong.....its just my view.

And to the op.....I understand your pain perfectly....I've lost two pets in the past to illness within the space of 2months....I can't still explain the pain I felt...losing bruno and dino was devastating and it has scared me out of getting anyother pet despite my love and admiration for dogs....
I hope u overcome the pain and anger and apply ur experience in handling ur next pet (I hope ur nt scared of getting a new one like me)

Your words are soothing and relieving. Thanks alot. Actually am really scared! hate deaths and cant stand anything close to me dying my my presence or even absence... I don't know if i can have a pert and be able to bring it close to me again for fear of loosing it. Its well
Re: My Dog Is Dead (lessons Learnt)- Pics by whyteboyz03(m): 9:13am On Oct 29, 2015
Na so vet inject my rot twice and after that, my rot gave up. Just a day illness and 2 injection from vet. The vet no dey free answer my call again
Re: My Dog Is Dead (lessons Learnt)- Pics by wfemzy: 1:49pm On Oct 29, 2015
Re: My Dog Is Dead (lessons Learnt)- Pics by Damilare5882(m): 1:08am On Oct 30, 2015
Sorry about your loss bro .. But I think some of this people posting as vets are quacks and I feel they should be arrested ..a professional vet doctor should have a certified doctor number and I think this is what we should always ask for before allowing any vet to touch our dogs. Some breeders are posting as vets because of the little experience that have had from breeding .. I am writing this with pains in my heart .. We got a Caucasian dog for 100k through one of this quack vets and he offered to cut the ears for us .. Could you beleive that all the tranquilizer he gave d dog didn't make the dog to sleep so he could have a successful operation ?? He just went ahead to cut the ears like that and that was how d dog almost died .. By saving her life , he started injecting her with differnt injections .. After few weeks , the place he injected the dog got swollen with pause inside .. He had to cut the place so large and during the process , he mistakenly cut one of the veins of the back leg of the dog ( oh Bella suffered !!!) ... Now the dog is crippled and limping .. So sad ... The most annoying part is during all this periods , the guy gupped almost 30k from us again ... And after all , he stopped coming to check on the dog ... Just so annoying .. So I just wish there is a law that can get this people arrested .. Toiling with innocent animals life ..and besides , all these dog are bought with huge cash !! Once again I really feel bad about your loss .

1 Like

Re: My Dog Is Dead (lessons Learnt)- Pics by aguizm(m): 12:05pm On Oct 30, 2015
Lots of fake vets around. All they care about is ur money.
That was how one fake vet sold an expired Bionical(Calcium drugs) tablet for me even when my dog had no defect.
Re: My Dog Is Dead (lessons Learnt)- Pics by autofreak1(m): 8:01am On Mar 06, 2016
Quacks everywhere. One Ben that claims he is a vet had been treating my dogs at my folk's place for a long time. One day, dude comes around July 2015 and noticed a lump on the back of my male boerboel. He informed my lil brother and mum about it but didn't say he was going to cut the dog open. Next thing the security man is screaming that there's blood everywhere and my bro rushed out. This quack had cut open the back trying to remove the lump and the dog was bleeding seriously. The hole was so deep, I almost drove down to beat up the guy when I saw the pictures. How can you perform a surgical procedure without the right tools and at the wrong location? He didn't give anything to numb the area before opening it up, no operating table, poor dog was standing during all these. Luckily we rushed the dog to the vet clinic at opebi where it was admitted. N150k plus and some days later, the dog was stitched up and ready to go home. As expected, the quack never came back. He is probably on to the next unsuspecting dog lover.
Attached are some of the pictures after stitching him up. The pictures of the cut is graphic, dont think y'all want to see it.

Re: My Dog Is Dead (lessons Learnt)- Pics by sirneyo2005: 9:16pm On Mar 07, 2016
autofreak1:
Quacks everywhere. One Ben that claims he is a vet had been treating my dogs at my folk's place for a long time. One day, dude comes around July 2015 and noticed a lump on the back of my male boerboel. He informed my lil brother and mum about it but didn't say he was going to cut the dog open. Next thing the security man is screaming that there's blood everywhere and my bro rushed out. This quack had cut open the back trying to remove the lump and the dog was bleeding seriously. The hole was so deep, I almost drove down to beat up the guy when I saw the pictures. How can you perform a surgical procedure without the right tools and at the wrong location? He didn't give anything to numb the area before opening it up, no operating table, poor dog was standing during all these. Luckily we rushed the dog to the vet clinic at opebi where it was admitted. N150k plus and some days later, the dog was stitched up and ready to go home. As expected, the quack never came back. He is probably on to the next unsuspecting dog lover.
Attached are some of the pictures after stitching him up. The pictures of the cut is graphic, dont think y'all want to see it.

try this with my dog and be ready for my wrath
Re: My Dog Is Dead (lessons Learnt)- Pics by autofreak1(m): 10:38pm On Mar 07, 2016
sirneyo2005:

try this with my dog and be ready for my wrath

My family was more concerned about the health of the dog than locking the guy up the moment it happened. I'm almost tempted to post the pictures of the gaping hole he dug into the dog's back. He escaped us but some other dog owner won't be as nice if he continues to do what he isn't trained to do.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Unable To Breast Feed / How Do Make Your Husband/wife Love Pets? / Exceptional Bullmastiff Puppies For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.