Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,988 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:07 AM

Can One Shop On Ebay From Nigeria? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Can One Shop On Ebay From Nigeria? (29190 Views)

How Can One Buy An Item On Ebay From Nigeria? / Selling On Ebay From Nigeria / On Ebay: How to Prevent a Scammer From Bidding On My Auction? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can One Shop On Ebay From Nigeria? by Smartsboy(m): 7:27am On May 06, 2009
Will my payed goods actually get delivered to nigeria?
Re: Can One Shop On Ebay From Nigeria? by ichommy(m): 9:30am On May 07, 2009
yes but under may be did u use cc or paypal grin grin
Re: Can One Shop On Ebay From Nigeria? by Thadude(m): 3:16pm On May 07, 2009
Depending on where the seller is auctioning from and if he will accept a buyer from Nigeria. Most sellers in America and canada dont wanna trade with someone in Africa or Nigeria for that matter, because of floating scam reports and experience. But if you have someone (relative or friend) in the USA or canada, the purchase can be concluded with easy and shipped with assurance.
Re: Can One Shop On Ebay From Nigeria? by Smartsboy(m): 5:06pm On May 07, 2009
Thanks
Re: Can One Shop On Ebay From Nigeria? by kshow1(m): 11:16am On May 08, 2009
[/quote][quote author=Tha_dude link=topic=269288.msg3835319#msg3835319 date=1241705811]
Depending on where the seller is auctioning from and if he will accept a buyer from Nigeria. Most sellers in America and canada dont wanna trade with someone in Africa or Nigeria for that matter, because of floating scam reports and experience. But if you have someone (relative or friend) in the USA or canada, the purchase can be concluded with easy and shipped with assurance.
true talk my broda some of our brodas don killl our image finish.
Re: Can One Shop On Ebay From Nigeria? by beefy23(m): 11:48am On May 08, 2009
^^

cause and effect. When all those Yahozee boys were doing their 'get rich quick' stuff with their 419 chain emails, who would have thought that it would one day turn around and bite us?

Now genuine people who want to do business on the net are faced with the fact that trying to do it from Naija is not as straight forward as it could be.

Hopefully one day in the near future, our reputation will be restored 
Re: Can One Shop On Ebay From Nigeria? by Najm(m): 11:58am On May 08, 2009
Guy, u can use Amazon instead of Ebay.a friend of mine here in Lag uses it and it works very well.i thnk they have partners dt do d shippin 4 dm.
Re: Can One Shop On Ebay From Nigeria? by beefy23(m): 12:04pm On May 08, 2009
^^

It really depends on if what he is hoping to buy on ebay is available on Amazon - their range of products differ a little as does the business model. One offers the option of bidding for certain items while the other is a straight forward ecommerce shop.
Re: Can One Shop On Ebay From Nigeria? by iboboyz: 12:16pm On May 08, 2009
At your own risk,  wink
Re: Can One Shop On Ebay From Nigeria? by hackney(m): 12:27pm On May 08, 2009
Probably but i wont.
The problem will arise when the goods get to nigeria (unfortunately);there is zero control at that stage.
I guess its the same as posting valuable goods in nigeria
Re: Can One Shop On Ebay From Nigeria? by naijacutee(f): 12:33pm On May 08, 2009
There's a website that helps people buy stuff from abroad and ship to Nigeria called Orderbay. They've been on NL a lot, and seem to be quite reputable. Orderbay.com, I think it is.
Re: Can One Shop On Ebay From Nigeria? by tolulope0(m): 1:07pm On May 08, 2009
Never done,even you set up an account with a nigeria ip they will suspend you within few min,simply because alot of 9ja fraudster,they buy stuff and use fake payment payment,seller ship item and never got paid and all that kind stuffs.
Re: Can One Shop On Ebay From Nigeria? by Redman44(m): 1:32pm On May 08, 2009
The Yahoo Boyz have destroyed the image of Nigeria in the eyes of Westerners. Any buyer from Nigeria is usually viewed with suspicion by Ebay. If you have someone abroad, the person can help you buy things on ebay or Amazon and ship it down for you throught independent freight carriers.
Re: Can One Shop On Ebay From Nigeria? by FBS: 1:43pm On May 08, 2009
on Ebay? shocked Most folks will not even deal with you just by mentioning Nigeria.
yahoo boys eka re o! phuck.
Re: Can One Shop On Ebay From Nigeria? by aimanosi(m): 1:45pm On May 08, 2009
as a matter of fact, the answer is no. our image has been totally rubbish there that as a nigerian u cant trade there. up to some africa countries
Re: Can One Shop On Ebay From Nigeria? by Secretz(f): 1:49pm On May 08, 2009
Yes one can shop on ebay  from nigeria, but receiving the goods is another thing entirely.

The fact that the buyer has already accepted your payment, it may be possible.

But what was their method of shipment? And was/is the goods expensive?
My friend has an ebay store online and REFUSES point black to sell to anyone in Africa.

Good luck though.   grin

Redman44:

The Yahoo Boyz have destroyed the image of Nigeria in the eyes of Westerners. Any buyer from Nigeria is usually viewed with suspicion by Ebay. If you have someone abroad, the person can help you buy things on ebay or Amazon and ship it down for you throught independent freight carriers.

Yes very true.   grin
Re: Can One Shop On Ebay From Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:16pm On May 08, 2009
//
Re: Can One Shop On Ebay From Nigeria? by platinumnk(f): 3:25pm On May 08, 2009
I am a vendor on ebay.

Most vendors do not ship to nigeria or even deal with ppl from there.

I think when i signed up to sell on ebay i saw a list of highlishted countries. Nigeria was one of them.

Even on Craigslist, ppl are wary of Nigeria.

So sad though, We have some honest ppl here. sad
Re: Can One Shop On Ebay From Nigeria? by tboy1(m): 3:32pm On May 08, 2009
@ platinumnk
Nice Pic

@ Poster
No you cant, send money to ur fam or friends, tell them what you want ordered and they should send it to you
Re: Can One Shop On Ebay From Nigeria? by platinumnk(f): 3:37pm On May 08, 2009
tboy1:

@ platinumnk
Nice Pic

@ Poster
No you cant, send money to ur fam or friends, tell them what you want ordered and they should send it to you

same here kiss ure cute wink

@topic- Nigeria should try to open its own version of ebay.
Re: Can One Shop On Ebay From Nigeria? by Redman44(m): 4:01pm On May 08, 2009
We are only talking about shopping on ebay from Nigeria, with the attendant negative perception of Nigerians and Nigeria. I have just been harrassed by a yahoo boy who looks for victims and collaborators on Nairaland. Please, if you're on Nairaland, log out from your Yahoo Messenger. Internet Fraudsters are here with us on this lovely site. May the good lord deliver Nigeria from the Yahoo Yahoo syndrome.
Re: Can One Shop On Ebay From Nigeria? by platinumnk(f): 4:03pm On May 08, 2009
Redman44:

We are only talking about shopping on ebay from Nigeria, with the attendant negative perception of Nigerians and Nigeria. I have just been harrassed by a yahoo boy who looks for victims and collaborators on Nairaland. Please, if you're on Nairaland, log out from your Yahoo Messenger. Internet Fraudsters are here with us on this lovely site. May the good lord deliver Nigeria from the Yahoo Yahoo syndrome.

amen wink
Re: Can One Shop On Ebay From Nigeria? by platinumnk(f): 4:22pm On May 08, 2009
carlos. . it would be easier on the eyes if u didnt type ALL CAPS
Re: Can One Shop On Ebay From Nigeria? by dree1: 4:41pm On May 08, 2009
@ Poster and All,

I know of a company here in the UK that helps you complete your orders online (only for Nigerians and for payment restriction reasons). All you have to do is go to eBay,amazon or any of this online stores once you have seen what you like. the buzz them 24/7 on the phone, skype , yahoo messenger or by email.But if you want to bid straight away you'll be better off getting them on the phone or on skype.yahoo messenger.

They will walk through the bidding with you and get you the order/item. But you will have to make a payment into their Lagos business Account before they pay for your item (You pay the exact equiv. in naira) They ship items to Lagos every Friday so all orders concluded between Sunday - Thursday get to Lagos every week.

I

1 Like

Re: Can One Shop On Ebay From Nigeria? by tboy1(m): 4:58pm On May 08, 2009
@ platinumnk
carlos means business, thats why he's typing in upper case  cheesy
Re: Can One Shop On Ebay From Nigeria? by Joan4427(f): 5:02pm On May 08, 2009
@ Carlos Ventures,

Thanks for the prompt reply. I admire that you are a student doing your own business to make ends meet.
I am not a student, but a book publicist with Bernard Books Publishing http://bernardbooks.com What we are looking for is a good and convenient avenue to make our recent novel (FEDDIE GIRL by Nona David) available to the Nigerian public.

Since Amazon and E-bay will not accept payment from Nigeria and ship likewise, we need an intermediary company through which Nigerians at home can purchase and receive the title.

Thanks!

Joan
Re: Can One Shop On Ebay From Nigeria? by Joan4427(f): 5:04pm On May 08, 2009
platinumnk:

carlos. . it would be easier on the eyes if u didnt type ALL CAPS
I agree.

tboy1:

@ platinumnk
carlos means business, thats why he's typing in upper case  cheesy
He can send his message across by typing in normal case then using bold to highlight the very pertinent points.
Re: Can One Shop On Ebay From Nigeria? by platinumnk(f): 5:06pm On May 08, 2009
tboy1:

@ platinumnk
carlos means business, thats why he's typing in upper case cheesy

why u took the pic off undecided

Joan4427:

I agree.
He can send his message across by typing in normal case then using [b]bold to highlight the very pertinent points[/b].

agreed, like so smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Man Makes Strong Case For Pure Water Hawkers / Gomoney Bank Has Been Down For A Week Now, Customers Money Trapped / Alleged Paternity Scandal: FCMB To Probe MD As People Demand His Sack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.