Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,996 members, 7,828,520 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:56 AM

Nnamdi Kanu And The Cry For Biafra - By FFK - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nnamdi Kanu And The Cry For Biafra - By FFK (400 Views)

TB Joshua: Murder In The Church By FFK (Part 1) / Charly Boy Pictured With Nnamdi Kanu And Other Defendants At FHC, Abuja / The Murder Of The Fulani: #yugoslavia Unfolding. (by Ffk) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu And The Cry For Biafra - By FFK by godjb(f): 10:20pm On Oct 26, 2015
I am not a Biafran and neither am I Igbo. I do however believe that it is the inalienable right of any human being or ethnic nationality to aspire to be free and to be able to determine its own destiny. The right to self-determination is enshrined in international law and it is guaranteed by every moral stricture known to man.

It is a right that has been exercised successfully over and over again in world history and it has led to the creation of new nations which were carved out of older ones. The denial of that right and the suppression and persecution of those who attempt to exercise it leads to nothing but defiance, dissent and resistance and, if not properly managed, it eventually spills over into war and carnage.

This has been the primary cause of most of history’s most brutal civil wars, including the American, Russian, French, English, Indian, Sri Lankan, Sudanese, Nigerian, Angolan, Congolese, Zimbabwean, Yugoslavian, Ukrainian, Nicaraguan, Cuban, Irish, Syrian, Libyan, Indonesian, Korean, Vietnamese, Spanish, Iraqi, Italian, Lebanese ones and countless others. I do not believe in violent change and neither do I believe in war, revolution, terror or the use of arms in the pursuance of even the most noble causes.

I do however believe in the power of ideas and the right of any man, woman or people to yearn to be free from bondage and to peacefully and freely express that yearning. It is in this context that I situate my belief in and support for those that view the Nigerian federation as an oppressive entity which has effectively enslaved its people in an attempt to create what is essentially an artificial and unworkable state.

Those that believe in Nigeria have every right to continue to do so and to voice their resolve to keep Nigeria one. What they do not have the right to do is to refuse to offer the same degree of freedom of expression to those that do not believe in a united Nigeria and who instead believe in the peaceful dissolution of our nation to speak their minds and voice their views. What is good for the goose is surely good for the gander. You cannot grant one side of the divide freedom of expression whilst you deny it to the other.
The Indigenous People of Biafra on a Peaceful Protest over the Arrest of the Director of Radio Biafra yesterday along Ikwerre road in Port Harcourt, Rivers State. Photo: Nwankpa Chijioke

FILE PHOTO:The Indigenous People of Biafra on a Peaceful Protest over the Arrest of the Director of Radio Biafra along Ikwerre road in Port Harcourt, Rivers State. Photo: Nwankpa Chijioke

This is all the more so because freedom of expression is the lifeblood of any democracy. It must be accorded in equal measure.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu And The Cry For Biafra - By FFK by Nobody: 10:22pm On Oct 26, 2015
ok

(1) (Reply)

Boko Haram: Britain Trains 150 Soldiers Ahead Of December Deadline / Meaning Of Wike By The Political Legends / Nigeria's Disintegration Will Be Caused By Killer Fulani Herdsmen.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.