Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,111 members, 7,814,899 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:35 PM

Deep Fried Prawns - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Deep Fried Prawns (1633 Views)

A Lady Is Selling Fried Plantain For N4000 On Twitter. Guys React / Garri And Fried Fish Served At A Wedding In Lagos! / How To Make Basmati Fried Rice with prawns in pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Deep Fried Prawns by touchmeder: 11:20pm On Oct 26, 2015
I wanted to share this simple but tasty recipe. If you are seriously concerned about your calorie intake, you may want to skip this but then again, it's just a one off thing so I guess it won't hurt. I've just discovered these prawns in my new locality and they are inexpensive. I usually use them for spaghetti, rice, sauce or in my moimoi but this last time, the seller was feeling rather generous and she gave me a bargain! I was like a kid in a candy shop so I went all out but once I got home, I was stuck. What do I do with all these prawns?

Ingredients

1. Fresh prawns

2. Salt

3. Seasoning

4. Pepper

5. Garlic

6. Ginger

7. Oil for deep frying

8. Flour

9. Cornstarch

10. Water

1 Like

Re: Deep Fried Prawns by touchmeder: 11:21pm On Oct 26, 2015
The quantity of the above ingredients will depend on the amount of prawns you use. First step clean the prawns and snip away the sharp parts. Then rinse and get the excess water off your prawns. Next, season your prawns lightly. You don’t want to overpower the delicate flavour of the prawns so a mild seasoning like knorr would do. Heck use whatever you've got but don’t overdo it!

Then get a clean bowl, add about a tablespoon and half of flour. Mix it with slightly hot oil (about a teaspoon or so) then add ginger powder, garlic powder, cornstarch, salt, pepper and just a little bit of water. Consistency should be a bit thick like you want to prepare akamu. Add the prawns to this mixture and stir. If you find the batter too light because your prawns were wet, you can add a little flour.

Next groundnut oil for deep frying on the fire. Add a prawn at a time, [s] if you lump them in at once, they will stick together and you will be left with the intricate task of surgically dividing them apart like I did. Good luck with not getting hot oil on your skin like me. [/s]

Re: Deep Fried Prawns by touchmeder: 11:22pm On Oct 26, 2015
More

Re: Deep Fried Prawns by touchmeder: 11:27pm On Oct 26, 2015
Anyways some seconds and they are ready. Now bind the spirit of distraction: children crying, husband calling, dog barking, neighbour knocking and phone ringing cheesy . In a nutshell, don’t go anywhere unless it will burn.

Leave to dry on a paper towel so you can catch off the excess oil and try not to eat it as you fry the next batch. I'll share another prawn inspired meal this weekend. Eat as is or you can use your favourite sauce.
Happy cooking…

Re: Deep Fried Prawns by Pidggin(f): 11:42pm On Oct 26, 2015
I like prawns, yum yum smiley

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Oya come nd see a subtitute for tomatoes,CARROTS picture / Best Kitchen Tips You Didn't Know Exist,,!! / Afang Soup: How To Prepare It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.