Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:55 AM

Dont Waste Your Time On Appeal: Tonye Princewill Tells Governor Wike - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dont Waste Your Time On Appeal: Tonye Princewill Tells Governor Wike (3693 Views)

Governor Wike Bends To Greet President Buhari At Aso Villa (Photo) / Governor Wike And His Son Playing Golf At Pleasure Park (photos) / Governor Wike Holds Umbrella For Goodluck Jonathan (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dont Waste Your Time On Appeal: Tonye Princewill Tells Governor Wike by NgeneUkwenu(f): 12:01am On Oct 27, 2015
The candidate of Labour Party in the April 11, 2015 governorship election in Rivers state, Tonye Princewill, will has reacted to Saturday’s ruling of Rivers Election Petition Tribunal which nullified the election of Governor Nyesom Wike.

In a statement, Princewill advised Governor Wike not to appeal the ruling but to get set for rerun as ordered by the Tribunal, saying justice has finally prevailed.

“I have just received the news of the cancellation of the Rivers State Governorship election. Even as it may have come as a surprise to many neutral observers, it was no surprise to me, my supporters and many Rivers people who came out on that fateful day to try and cast their vote.

“Even PDP supporters I’m sure in their heart of hearts knew that this day would come. Like I said to my supporters on that Election Day, justice will prevail and the truth of this day will come out. If the APC legal team could not prove that there was no election in Rivers state, nobody could. It was that obvious.
Advertisement

“I’d like to thank all the judges for upholding the law, the parties for conducting their briefs with civility and the people of Rivers state for surviving this period. If I was the PDP, I would not even bother to appeal this judgment. I’d rather head back to the court of public opinion. Ultimately that is where this matter will end. Why delay?

“To my numerous supporters and well-wishers; in the days ahead, I will tell you the role we will play going forward. I told you from day one, not to worry. Your votes will count. I meant it.

“Let me use this opportunity to tell all Rivers people to stay law abiding and peaceful. This is not the time for celebration or mourning. It is the time for sober reflection. Perhaps this experience has allowed us all, including analog politicians, reflect on the need to let people vote.

“Do unto others as you wish they do unto you. What goes around does come around. This law has been around before us and will remain with us long after we have gone,” the statement reads in full.”

https://www.today.ng/politics/27983/dont-appeal-tribunal-judgment-princewill-urges-pdp-wike

lalasticlala!

4 Likes

Re: Dont Waste Your Time On Appeal: Tonye Princewill Tells Governor Wike by nairalandmaster(f): 12:02am On Oct 27, 2015
nice one op. keep it up.

5 Likes

Re: Dont Waste Your Time On Appeal: Tonye Princewill Tells Governor Wike by chocolateme(f): 12:03am On Oct 27, 2015
O di mma

1 Like

Re: Dont Waste Your Time On Appeal: Tonye Princewill Tells Governor Wike by madridguy(m): 12:07am On Oct 27, 2015
Good advise.

4 Likes

Re: Dont Waste Your Time On Appeal: Tonye Princewill Tells Governor Wike by Nobody: 12:08am On Oct 27, 2015
wike the wicked is past tense

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dont Waste Your Time On Appeal: Tonye Princewill Tells Governor Wike by ValerianSteel(m): 12:10am On Oct 27, 2015
nairalandmaster:
nice one op. keep it up.
Spacebooker.

Now that the Rivers government is not functional with the inability of the House of assembly to for a quorum.I wonder how Wike plans to remain Governor for three months.

3 Likes

Re: Dont Waste Your Time On Appeal: Tonye Princewill Tells Governor Wike by Nobody: 12:11am On Oct 27, 2015
Ok wink
Re: Dont Waste Your Time On Appeal: Tonye Princewill Tells Governor Wike by silverprince413(m): 12:14am On Oct 27, 2015
APC, party of shameless thieves - akande

buhari is a sadist - adesina

APC can never win any election in river state - ameachi

1 Like

Re: Dont Waste Your Time On Appeal: Tonye Princewill Tells Governor Wike by madridguy(m): 12:18am On Oct 27, 2015
Yimu

silverprince413:
APC, party of shameless thieves - akande

buhari is a sadist - adesina

APC can never win any election in river state - ameachi

4 Likes

Re: Dont Waste Your Time On Appeal: Tonye Princewill Tells Governor Wike by emyibe(m): 12:18am On Oct 27, 2015
the supreme court will not uphold that judgement. ur excellence carry go jor
Re: Dont Waste Your Time On Appeal: Tonye Princewill Tells Governor Wike by evanscheck(m): 12:20am On Oct 27, 2015
Lets us see the outcome
Re: Dont Waste Your Time On Appeal: Tonye Princewill Tells Governor Wike by Firefire(m): 12:45am On Oct 27, 2015
Story for the gods.
Re: Dont Waste Your Time On Appeal: Tonye Princewill Tells Governor Wike by superstar1(m): 12:59am On Oct 27, 2015
Candid advice to Wike

2 Likes

Re: Dont Waste Your Time On Appeal: Tonye Princewill Tells Governor Wike by modath(f): 1:02am On Oct 27, 2015
Firefire:
Story for the gods.

When I told you there was no election, you & your associates almost E-beat my moniker but the sacking today has concluded the story..

& BTW I responded to your 240 naira to a USD falsehood you were peddling but "aunty sp*m bot" chopped it & also banned me join till today!! cheesy

You know Wike overreached with his rigging!!

He also knows he has human rights abuses violation to answer for & he us only stlishly trying to stretch his immunity to avoid his real JUDGEMENT DAY.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dont Waste Your Time On Appeal: Tonye Princewill Tells Governor Wike by odinese(m): 5:59am On Oct 27, 2015
Tonye princewill barcanista tells wike. lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Dont Waste Your Time On Appeal: Tonye Princewill Tells Governor Wike by meracool(m): 6:23am On Oct 27, 2015
I initially thought it was our very own
TonyeBarcanista
cheesy cheesy cheesy grin cheesy

https://www.nairaland.com/2693202/agbami-2015-scholarship

2 Likes

Re: Dont Waste Your Time On Appeal: Tonye Princewill Tells Governor Wike by BALLOSKI: 6:24am On Oct 27, 2015
Tell am oooo
Re: Dont Waste Your Time On Appeal: Tonye Princewill Tells Governor Wike by Nobody: 6:29am On Oct 27, 2015
ValerianSteel:
Spacebooker.

Now that the Rivers government is not functional with the inability of the House of assembly to for a quorum.I wonder how Wike plans to remain Governor for three months.

Bros no elected politician from Rivers has yet been removed from office!! Both wike and the HOA members would remain in office until their appeals are exhausted!! Besides the elections of 11 PDP members of the state HOA was upheld which is enough to form a quorum in the 32 member house.Besides Wike does not have just 3 months to govern .His appeal to the supreme court can still last 120 days before we know whether they will be a re-run or not.

1 Like

Re: Dont Waste Your Time On Appeal: Tonye Princewill Tells Governor Wike by modath(f): 6:46am On Oct 27, 2015
chukwudi44:

Bros no elected politician from Rivers has yet been removed from office!! Both wike and the HOA members would remain in office until their appeals are exhausted!! Besides the elections of 11 PDP members of the state HOA was upheld which is enough to form a quorum in the 32 member house.Besides Wike does not have just 3 months to govern .His appeal to the supreme court can still last 120 days before we know whether they will be a re-run or not.

I know it's hard to let go but true to God get used to the fact that , the bus of justice & fairness has left PDP & wike at the bus stop of hopelessness.

Election is not WAR...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dont Waste Your Time On Appeal: Tonye Princewill Tells Governor Wike by Nobody: 6:49am On Oct 27, 2015
modath:

I know it's hard to let go but true to God get used to the fact that , the bus of justice & fairness has left PDP & wike at the bus stop of hopelessness.

Election is not WAR...

I never said election was war!! I only stated the facts of the case.Could you please point out to me anything i wrote which you quoted that you think is wrong there?

Has Wike or any of the HOA members no longer in office? Does wike not have the right to appeal up to the supreme court?

Furthermore any future elections in Rivers state would be decided by Riverians and not in lagos,Abuja or on the social media!! Trust me dear!! Elections in Rivers cannot be rigged!! If you doubt me ask friends in PH.

1 Like

Re: Dont Waste Your Time On Appeal: Tonye Princewill Tells Governor Wike by okitz4(m): 6:52am On Oct 27, 2015
wettin concern Agbero wit overload
Re: Dont Waste Your Time On Appeal: Tonye Princewill Tells Governor Wike by handie(m): 6:54am On Oct 27, 2015
Even Nyesom Ezenwo Wike knows that elections were not held. D guy's desperation is eroding his common sense. #WikeGoForA Rerun
Re: Dont Waste Your Time On Appeal: Tonye Princewill Tells Governor Wike by modath(f): 6:57am On Oct 27, 2015
chukwudi44:

I never said election was war!! I only stated the facts of the case.Could you please point out to me anything i wrote which you quoted that you think is wrong there?

Furthermore the elections in Rivers state would be decided by Riverians and not in lagos,Abuja or on the social media

It's the part about not wanting to let go, cos you were analysing the COA & Supreme court & wike governing etc... You know you are only looking at it from your glass half full POV.

You are trying to use 120 days of supreme court to cancel out 90 days re run stipulation but you know in your heart it won't go down that way...

I don't need to ask friends about PH, my sis & her family live in one of the rumosomething, PDP thugs dispersed them with gunshots & did their thing on both election days.

Let's not argue, events will show who is right/wrong.

3 Likes

Re: Dont Waste Your Time On Appeal: Tonye Princewill Tells Governor Wike by handie(m): 6:58am On Oct 27, 2015
Wike says he's popular. He says he'll win if elections are held ten times over. What I don't get is why he's jittery about a rerun when it's just one of d ten he's soo sure of winning. Abeg make he do come answer human rights abuse and kworuption cases Jor.

2 Likes

Re: Dont Waste Your Time On Appeal: Tonye Princewill Tells Governor Wike by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:02am On Oct 27, 2015
Wike should test his "popularity" at the polls, not at the apellate court.

1 Like

Re: Dont Waste Your Time On Appeal: Tonye Princewill Tells Governor Wike by handie(m): 7:02am On Oct 27, 2015
chukwudi44:

His appeal to the supreme court can still last 120 days before we know whether they will be a re-run or not.
No need to wait for 120 days before we know there's gon be a rerun. Pa Chukwudi44, whether u like it or not, there'll be a rerun. There's nothing u or anyone can do to change that.... Take my words to d bank

1 Like

Re: Dont Waste Your Time On Appeal: Tonye Princewill Tells Governor Wike by Nobody: 7:04am On Oct 27, 2015
nice advice.
Re: Dont Waste Your Time On Appeal: Tonye Princewill Tells Governor Wike by ProfessorPeter(m): 7:14am On Oct 27, 2015
chukwudi44:

Has Wike or any of the HOA members no longer in office? Does wike not have the right to appeal up to the supreme court?

Furthermore any future elections in Rivers state would be decided by Riverians and not in lagos,Abuja or on the social media!! Trust me dear!! Elections in Rivers cannot be rigged!! If you doubt me ask friends in PH.
wike must remain the governor of River state until he has exhausted his appeal options. I believe either rerun or appeal will favor wike. Amechi is just popular in Osun because he was using River State money to pay their salaries.
Re: Dont Waste Your Time On Appeal: Tonye Princewill Tells Governor Wike by NgeneUkwenu(f): 7:37am On Oct 27, 2015
chukwudi44:

You are wrong Mr!

According to section 288 subsection 7 of the 1999 constitution as amended: "An appeal from a decision of an election tribunal or Court of Appeal in an election matter shall be heard and disposed of within 60 days from the date of the delivery of judgment of the tribunal or Court of appeal.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dont Waste Your Time On Appeal: Tonye Princewill Tells Governor Wike by Nobody: 7:44am On Oct 27, 2015
Re: Dont Waste Your Time On Appeal: Tonye Princewill Tells Governor Wike by ThisMeansWAR: 7:47am On Oct 27, 2015
wiked is just despirate... He wants to beat amaechi by any means.. I wonder what amaechi ever do to the guy.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pro-biafra Leader Nnamdi Kanu’s Wife, Uche Delivers A Baby Boy / 5 Beautiful Wives Of Our Governors / Senate Cannot Force Hameed Ali To Wear Customs Uniform – Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.