Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,112 members, 7,811,129 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:18 AM

Rivers State Election Tribunal And What It Means For Rivers State. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers State Election Tribunal And What It Means For Rivers State. (1078 Views)

Campaign Posters Of Candidates For Rivers Re-run Elections (photos) / Kogi State Election Public Notice Coming From INEC / Inec Declares Kogi State Election Inconclusive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rivers State Election Tribunal And What It Means For Rivers State. by sojas: 5:15am On Oct 27, 2015
I have read interesting threads from my fellow brothers who have given different opinions of the court judgement that sacked Nyesom Wike. I've decided to learn my voice for the first time.

I've never been a fan of NEW and didn't even bother commenting on his brief stay as Governor that will elapsed in 90days time by God's grace.

This is why I feel he should not be elected cos he was never elected according to the tribunal. Is my personal opinion and I wont foist it on any Rivers man or legitimate voters residing in the treasure base of the nation.

Rivers State have 3 senatorial districts with the first two having taken different shots at the Brick House for full 16years with one yet to occupy that exalted seat since its creation. Nyesom Wike been from the same senatorial district with his predecessor wins a rerun will be a great deserves to Rivers South East were I hail from and have suffered total neglect since its creation maybe bar Amaechi"s administration with the Unity road and some model secondary schools and maybe the Banana farm and Songhai all in Ogoni lands. If you juxtapose it with infrastructural development in Rivers East (Amaechi and Wike's senatorial district) then you will see the very wide margin. So we need a shot too at government house.

Wike cannot even dualised few roads left for him in PH by Amaechi, Is it Sapkenwa-Kono road he'll dualised or Trans-Kalabari road? What re his visions for the state? The state has gone back to Odili days of pot holes filling with taiwan contractors that fails in less than 6months. We have seen a state that has moved from model schools construction to now fencing of secondary school and is shown as an achievement on live television (AIT).
I watched Wike on television in an elaborate live television flagging off Elelenwo (Oil mill) - Akpajo dualisation a contract he said has been awarded to Julius Berger last 2months. Is that what the state has suddenly turn to, that you now spend our scarce resources to organise a party all in the name of awarding a contract including showing it on live television. We never witnessed such in the last administration. As I write this, that road is still unattended to. Anyone who thinks Wike will dualised that road is as deluded as his gullible followers. A man that is shying away from responsibilities is not fit to be a Governor of Rivers State. The state is too sophisticated for him.

He cannot pay properties owners on right of way for onward demolitions to get a perfect width for expansion something Amaechis love doing. That is why he is engaged in filling potholes and where does he really fill? He did an Asphalt overlay at Ogbu-na-abali that is less than 3miles leaving the open drainages unattended to and this was posted on his personally Facebook page and gullibles were rejoicing and I was like, just opposite that road accross Aba road (D/Line roads). His predecessor reconstructed all roads and drainages with walkways linking them to Ntawagba creeks. And people cannot draw mediocrity Wike has reintroduced to quality his predecessor is known for. These roads I really thought he'll look into them since he knows what really happened to them and why they failed:
1. School road at Oyibgbo and
2. Eneka-Rukpoku road.

A serious Governor who wants to win the heart of his people would started the onward expansio or better still do his operation zero pot holes over there since they re no longer motorable.

The fate of Woji-Alcon road dualisation and Elelenwo will never come to pass under Nyesom Wike, he is everything wrong with government. I have not even talked about the Greater Port Harcourt roads that is too modern for him to understand. Amaechi started a road called M10 road, a 8 lanes dual carriage way that picks from Prof. Tam Boluvard passes through the back of Adokiye Amiesimaka Stadium-Salvation Ministries at Igwurita-Ikwerre road-Aba-road-Onne with two flyovers and two interchanges proposed in it. Two of those flyovers have gone almost 60% completed and is not private sector driven. The idea of that road is to create alternative route. These projects will never see the light of the day under this man, from his brief stint, I can conclude he is not ready for governance and does not know what governance is all about.

I don't want to go into other sectors, in my personally opinion, electing Wike is a disaster that will take 30years for us to recover.

Who do we now need?
I believe Dakuku Peterside of the APC understood the developmental challenges of the state and that also been captured in his manifesto and blue print of Greater Together touching all sectors. If he is elected, he'll swing into action since he has a vision on what he thinks will make Rivers greater.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rivers State Election Tribunal And What It Means For Rivers State. by odinese(m): 5:32am On Oct 27, 2015
cryAnother tribunal? Smh
Re: Rivers State Election Tribunal And What It Means For Rivers State. by Blizzy9ja: 5:33am On Oct 27, 2015
Another big liar on the rampage... Wike assumed power the 1st thing he did was to fix the roads in Rivers state which were in a very sorry state... Most of the roads you have mentioned are very important road that were ignored for political reason. I once spent 4hrs between Elelenwo and Akpajo junction and dats supposed to be a 20mins drive due to the neglect of that road by the past government of Amaechi...
Wike is the best thing that has happened to Rivers state for now... A bird in hand is worth more than a thousand in the bush
Re: Rivers State Election Tribunal And What It Means For Rivers State. by sojas: 5:44am On Oct 27, 2015
Blizzy9ja:
Another big liar on the rampage... Wike assumed power the 1st thing he did was to fix the roads in Rivers state which were in a very sorry state... Most of the roads you have mentioned are very important road that were ignored for political reason. I once spent 4hrs between Elelenwo and Akpajo junction and dats supposed to be a 20mins drive due to the neglect of that road by the past government of Amaechi...
Wike is the best thing that has happened to Rivers state for now... A bird in hand is worth more than a thousand in the bush

Those roads I mentioned where awarded to Wike's companies. They failed, the Oyigbo and Rukpoku road. If you think, overlaying of Elelenwo-Akpajo without drainages is the standard of what a road should look like against the full reconstruction then I weep for us. The former Governor spent money to construct quality roads including all roads in Nyesom Wike's village Rumuprikom. Compare his roads and the pot holes Wike is filling that will soon go instincts. Have you gone to Azikiwe street in Diobu? He fill it, as am writing this, it has failed. So name another road he emabark on?

Until Wike dualised a simple road from scratch like the one at Stadium road, I won't take him serious. Filling of potholes or overlaying is what even a Local Government should be doing.

1 Like

Re: Rivers State Election Tribunal And What It Means For Rivers State. by Blizzy9ja: 6:01am On Oct 27, 2015
sojas:

Those roads I mentioned where awarded to Wike's companies. They failed, the Oyigbo and Rukpoku road. If you think, overlaying of Elelenwo-Akpajo without drainages is the standard of what a road should look like against the full reconstruction then I weep for us. The former Governor spent money to construct roads including all roads in Nyesom Wike's village Rumuprikom. Compare his roads and the pot holes Wike is filling that will soon go instincts. Have you gone to Azikiwe street in Diobu? He fill it, as am writing this, it has failed. So name another road he emabark on?
Can u just give out facts and stop peddling rumours? And which road did the former governor construct in Rumuepirikom? Wike fixed the road in my area that Amaechi could not fix in 8yr, Wike is working on Nkpolu-Rumuagholu road that has been neglected by the past government, You know what the roads in Town used to look like? Take a drive around town now , go to GRA, go to Iwofe/Rumuolumeni road(the people there suffered because Amaechi was fighting with their son... Does that sound right to you in this 21st century?), go to Ogbogoro. How many can I mention? Stop hating and start appreciating good things
Re: Rivers State Election Tribunal And What It Means For Rivers State. by sojas: 7:09am On Oct 27, 2015
Blizzy9ja:
Can u just give out facts and stop peddling rumours? And which road did the former governor construct in Rumuepirikom? Wike fixed the road in my area that Amaechi could not fix in 8yr, Wike is working on Nkpolu-Rumuagholu road that has been neglected by the past government, You know what the roads in Town used to look like? Take a drive around town now , go to GRA, go to Iwofe/Rumuolumeni road(the people there suffered because Amaechi was fighting with their son... Does that sound right to you in this 21st century?), go to Ogbogoro. How many can I mention? Stop hating and start appreciating good things

You are just gullibles as others. I did mentioned pot holes filing vis-a-vis overlaying done in those places. These are no road reconstructions and will fail in no distance time. As for Iwofe/Rumuolomeni road, before Amaechi left office Wimpey to Ada George even further axis have been completed. Even the portions not motorable. Underground drains have been completed. What Wike is working in Nkpolu/Rumuagholu is Odili standard. Road without good drainage. I repeat, compare Amaechi roads and thrash Wike is playing with in our peculair terrains. Why is he yet to start a road that will make spend. Cos he doesn't want to pay contractors in right of way. Didn't Odili work on Choba-Rumuokwuta same way Wike is currently overlaying that didn't last? Wike is alergic to modern construction.

As for town road roads, please be specific cos what Wike overlay there was New Market at creek road. Why didn't he complete the dualisation of Creek road? Please be truthful to yourself and God. And where in GRA are you talking about? I hope is not Old GRA cos what Wike did was at UTC junction, he overlay that pothole there. All the roads in Old GRA were done by Amaechi. Even in New GRA.

You asked which road Amaechi worked in Wike's village? Know that from Rumuola internal roads connecting all roads leading to Orazi, Kala to Market junction and GRA extension were all constructed by Amaechi with underground drains and walkways just as standard roads are supposed to be. Not that overlay going on ignoring the drains.
Re: Rivers State Election Tribunal And What It Means For Rivers State. by sojas: 7:42am On Oct 27, 2015
Just to add on that Iwofe/Rumuolomeni. Amaechi did not abandoned that road for 8years. Recall that in 2006 STEMCO under Odili completed that road as a single lane from Wimpey to Rumuolomeni waterside near the UOE even OBJ was in town to commisssioned that road. Man wonders how that same road didn't last upto 3years. The road was re -awarded to MCC in late 2011 with standard drains. Compensations have been paid to property owners and right-of-way gotten after demolishing (What Odili fails to do initial). Before Amaechi left office the underground drainages were completed in that 16km road. From Wimpey - Ada George - further down were fully paved on both lanes. So what is left for Wike is continuation of pavement since he doesn't need to pay compensation he is running from and to construct underground drains. No wonder Wike will prefare to overlay a road that needs full dualisation or expansions. The standard Amaechi has set is making Wike confused that is why the snail pace of work going on at Garrison-Trans Amadi-Woji-Elelenwo road since Amaechi left. It didn't take upto a year for RCC to install the bridge linking Woji-Elelenwo along that road. Even the standard drainages already there is a heck for Wike to continue. Like I posited earlier he is immune to quality roads. Drive Amaechi roads he worked on in Rivers, they re so still standard and this what Wike cannot implement.
Re: Rivers State Election Tribunal And What It Means For Rivers State. by sammyj: 7:52am On Oct 27, 2015
Ok
Re: Rivers State Election Tribunal And What It Means For Rivers State. by Blizzy9ja: 9:00am On Oct 27, 2015
sojas:

You are just gullibles as others. I did mentioned pot holes filing vis-a-vis overlaying done in those places. These are no road reconstructions and will fail in no distance time. As for Iwofe/Rumuolomeni road, before Amaechi left office Wimpey to Ada George even further axis have been completed. Even the portions not motorable. Underground drains have been completed. What Wike is working in Nkpolu/Rumuagholu is Odili standard. Road without good drainage. I repeat, compare Amaechi roads and thrash Wike is playing with in our peculair terrains. Why is he yet to start a road that will make spend. Cos he doesn't want to pay contractors in right of way. Didn't Odili work on Choba-Rumuokwuta same way Wike is currently overlaying that didn't last? Wike is alergic to modern construction.

As for town road roads, please be specific cos what Wike overlay there was New Market at creek road. Why didn't he complete the dualisation of Creek road? Please be truthful to yourself and God. And where in GRA are you talking about? I hope is not Old GRA cos what Wike did was at UTC junction, he overlay that pothole there. All the roads in Old GRA were done by Amaechi. Even in New GRA.

You asked which road Amaechi worked in Wike's village? Know that from Rumuola internal roads connecting all roads leading to Orazi, Kala to Market junction and GRA extension were all constructed by Amaechi with underground drains and walkways just as standard roads are supposed to be. Not that overlay going on ignoring the drains.
The above comment is biased and shrouded with political sentiment... Maybe I probably needed a Wike to use overlay like u have said to fix the roads in Rivers state hence reducing the amount of time I spend in traffic due to bad roads... As for the Nkpolu/Rumuagholu road, after much cry from the residents Amaechi mobilised to site, dumped a few trips of sand and dat was it... Take a trip to the site and see what those guys are doing now... The Iwofe/Rumuolimeni road no doubt was started by Amaechi and then what happened, yes he constructed storm-water drains(what you call underground drainage) what happened to the other part of the road that leads all the way to the water-side? He neglected Rivers people to suffer, using funds meant for Rivers state for politics which is more important to him than delivering the dividends of democracy. I know your type, you make it look like our political office holders are doing us a favour by doing their job. Amaechi performed quite well in his 1st tenure and then became a monster in his second... If Wike can perform all dis wonders in Rivers state in just about a hundred days plus in office, then he wins it... We need a governor that listens to masses and I think we got dat in Bar. E N Wike

(1) (Reply)

One Word For This Man..... PICTURE. / Igbo To Close Down The Onitsha Bridge / Senator Ben Bruce Reacts 2 Plan By Governors 2 Reduce N18,000 Minimum Wage(Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.