Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,931 members, 7,828,243 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:10 AM

A Wake-up Call To APC In Ebonyi State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Wake-up Call To APC In Ebonyi State (493 Views)

Soldiers Block Nnamdi Kanu's Convoy In Ebonyi, Kanu Comes Down (Video) / Buhari’s Statement On Aisha Is A Wake Up Call For Women – Senator Olujimi / PDP Members Decamp To APC In Edo, Sing And Tear Their PDP Cards (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Wake-up Call To APC In Ebonyi State by obynoses(m): 10:33am On Oct 27, 2015
Ebonyi State Government needs a strong opposition to stand tall: The Opposition’s main role is to question the government of the day and hold them accountable to the public. The Opposition represents an alternative government, and is responsible for challenging the policies of the government and producing different policies where appropriate. Attitudes to the role of the Leader of the Opposition should be taken into account by people who wish to anticipate what the Opposition might do. The way opposition parties work together can influence the outcomes - if they succeed in working together and in building the "political numbers" they increase their chances of toppling the government. One of the most important jobs of the Opposition is to constantly question the Government. Any Government has to remain answerable to the public at all times, and a good Opposition can put the spotlight on serious issues and have them resolved quickly. An active Opposition will also debate legislation vigorously in the House and during the Select Committee process to ensure the legislation receives careful consideration. Opposition is not just about opposing the Government. There are occasions when the Opposition agrees with the Government. If the solution proposed by the Government has wide support, and is soundly based, then it’s only natural for the Opposition to agree. Opposition parties don’t have the same resources as the Government and the Executive, so opposition has to work twice as hard to get the same results. The Government has access to government departments and advisers to form their policies, where the Opposition often has to go down different avenues to source the same information. It’s also really important that the leader keeps a close eye and ear on what the public is saying, needs and wants – because problems are often caused by the Government not delivering. The other major role of opposition is questioning and proposing alternatives to what the government is doing so the public gets the benefit of political debate between different directions.
Having noted the above, I declare hereby that there is no strong opposition in Ebonyi state and there has not been any since the creation of the state. If I take you down the memory lane, I will drag your cognition to the fact that the political space of Ebonyi has not been favorable to the common citizenry. People don’t talk and go free and that is why they keep mum to whatever the government does. A vibrant politician once told me he was remaining mute because of fear of one’s family being wiped out by political giants. Instantly, I removed the adjective “vibrant” from his name.
I assure you that the state will remain in doom if no one rises up as a fierce opposition as soon as possible. I am not talking about sycophants who can gullibly be pushed into receiving bribes and keeping quite. I am talking about a strategist, an apogee of dominion, a quintessence of justice, a perfect talker, a fearless creature in the replica of human, a prodigy of masculinity, an intelligent planner and a striker of developmental goals.
Recently, the first arm of Ebonyi state government comfortably gave a verdict to keep Afikpo North LGA in darkness for few months. This is a community that contributed more than 40% to the foundation of the state. This demanded a total oppositional force and criticism. I mean criticisms in the radio stations, social networks and one that will turn the 13 LGAs agog. These are few things that uplift the stand of oppositions in a state. Or does it mean the oppositions in the state are in support of this bastardized act? But who would talk without getting the rout of political gladiators, just as one of our representatives got hers through suspension. All these are just in irony because Ebonyi state is a party-minority to the Federal power in decisions to harness states’ activities no matter how the Governor romances the Buhari administration to have a firm and shoddy stand. The Federal canoe is being paddled by an APC led government but the state is a PDP state. This goes a long way to mean that the APC should have been in strong position to question PDP’s “malnutritioned” policies in the state. This also shows that APC is not doing its home work well in Ebonyi state, if not; the attention of Federal Government would have actively been drawn to the bridge of communal right of enjoyment meted on Afikpo North LGA and if that had been done, APC would have won supports from the community and beyond because the light would have been restored courtesy of APC. I may be regarded as blind by some people if I do not recognize his good policies, but I am still searching for one and I stand to be corrected with a paradigm if I am wrong. Also, by virtue of political affiliation, I am a core PDP member to the point that my car was branded with PDP Logos during the last election. This is what many could not do due to fear of oppositional attacks, but I did it for the love of the party. But what I don’t support is marginalization, oppression and wickedness to the common nadir from hierarchical zeniths of politicians of the state. So, to help the governor achieve a lot in the state, APC needs to tie its shoe lace firmly to be able to match along with PDP otherwise; the state will remain stagnant even in the next political dispensation. Article From Dr. Otuu Obinna Ogbonnia (A Political Analyst). source: www.obiozontus..com
Re: A Wake-up Call To APC In Ebonyi State by afanide: 11:05am On Oct 27, 2015
I hope they are reading this

(1) (Reply)

How To Improve Your Sexual Life In Just 2 Day / Reply To The Article Titled "Should CBN Print More Money" / Stanley Azuakola: Take your time, Mr. President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.