Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,265 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:42 AM

MTN Recycling Numbers - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / MTN Recycling Numbers (1132 Views)

Today's Lotto Sure Winning Numbers / Today's Ghana Fortune Lotto Sure Winning Numbers / People Gather Around Madwoman In Aba To Get Lucky Betting Numbers (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

MTN Recycling Numbers by Afromano: 12:35pm On Oct 27, 2015
Is it Just me or has anyone also thought of the Dangers involved in this practice?

Just imagine, u buy a new line and register it. Next thing u know, some strange numbers start calling your phone and asking to speak with some random name (Angela, my sister, my aunty, wife etc) and you keep telling them "wrong number" I'm sure this isn't news to anyone who's just recently bought an MTN sim card. It can get very frustrating at times. For instance, I've had to throw away a sim card for this same reason: it apparently belonged to an Abokki, which meant I kept getting Abokki-ish calls asking to speak with that Abokki. And he must have been famous too. So u can imagine. I threw the line away in frustration. My friend gets transaction alerts on his line with the bank info of the previous user all readily available to him.

So is this legal/proper/sensible/right? And why isn't anyone doing anything about it? I mean, what if someone buys a line that used to belong to a wanted person (either wanted by law or by underdogs) and then suddenly finds him/herself the victim of threat messages, legal persecution, stalking etc.

I haven't observed this with other Networks. Just MTN. So I dunno if its a legalized practice or just some in-house nonsense MTN is doing. Too many customers apparently.
Re: MTN Recycling Numbers by Maxmavis(m): 10:15am On Aug 12, 2020
This has been happening to me an I just came online to confirm.

Two days ago, I bought and registered an MTN sim. I called it and it was already registered on Truecaller. I was surprised. Guess what? At the point of writing this, about 3 people has called trying to speak to their uncle, and friend. I'm frustrated right now cause I intend using it as a business line.

Why is MTN recycling numbers?

(1) (Reply)

Photo: Email Inventor Ray Tomlinson Dies Of Heart Attack At 74 / Joyetech Ego AIO Kit Review / Who Is More Intelligent; Man Or Woman?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.