Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,100 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:47 AM

Biafra- Before The War Breaks Out - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra- Before The War Breaks Out (1289 Views)

Anambra State Breaks Out From Biafra: "Nnamdi Kanu Is Small Boy Fooling Himself" / Policemen Kill Okada Man In Ilaro, Ogun, Riot Breaks Out / Fadeyi: Violence Breaks Out In Lagos Over NLC Strike (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Biafra- Before The War Breaks Out by SeanBlackie: 6:42pm On Oct 27, 2015
"Chuks, will you kill me if you get the chance to just incase another civil war breaks out?"

This was the honest question I asked my friend Chukwuma, who remains my best friend up until today despite the fact that I'm Yoruba. He only laughed real hard and asked why I could ask that very silly question. Only if he understood my fears...

The quest for Biafra is getting more violent (It's one truth we shouldn't shy away from). For those inciting and brainwashing others against the Nigerian government, please read on the Rwandan genocide. Better still, please get "Hotel Rwanda" movie and watch. It's a movie that really depicts what happened during the Rwandan Civil war between the Hutus and the Tutsis. I also have the documentary of the Nigerian Civil War on my laptop too and I shed tears the first day I saw it. The mere thought of another war honestly sends shivers down my spine. (yes call me a coward- I honestly am!)

Here's the picture I see anytime I think of what all these could lead to- Death, Anguish, Destruction, Hunger, Disease, Teeth Gnashing, Corpse littering the streets, Destroyed buildings, a few months baby lying by his dead mother, a dead man with a bullet pierced head, Possible rape of my mother or sisters, hacking of my Father's limbs, destruction of the house my 70 year old retiree neighbour used his life savings to build.

As a student of Language, I understand the full power behind oratory and Nnamdi Kanu has this in abundance, hence reason to be more concerned because so many people are so emotional and will move at the power of words,ignoring the consequences. I laugh here when people call Nnamdi Kanu a joker and so many names (Only if you people understand the power a good orator possesses). Nazi leader, Adolf Hitler was a powerful orator. We all know the story...

Am I a coward again? YES honestly! I've read about wars, I've seen documentaries and the people who suffer the most are the defenceless (mostly the mother and children). As a man, I could go ahead and kill maybe 1 or 2 people before I get killed too. But how many people will my 62 year old mother be able to kill? How many people will my innocent 3 year old baby be able to kill? How do I protect my innocent wife from getting raped by rebels? How do I even voice my displeasure when most likely, my tongue would have been uprooted from its root?

No matter which side is stronger, people will die on both sides. It could be me when it happens and it could be you who's always vocal about violence here on Nairaland. You might not even get a chance to pull the trigger before life gets snuffed out of you.

I pray Biafra comes in peace if it'll eventually happen. God bless Nigeria!

cc:Lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Biafra- Before The War Breaks Out by LordMecuzy(m): 6:48pm On Oct 27, 2015
There's going to be no war @OP the only war in Nigeria is here on Nairaland biko, don't get things twisted Nairaland threats isn't reality...

Most people here clamouring for war and issuing death threats can't lift a finger or punch someone in reality, there only power is here on Nairaland because it's a faceless forum...

Off to Corteland Garden Karu... #Orijin

4 Likes

Re: Biafra- Before The War Breaks Out by mafiamanager(m): 6:56pm On Oct 27, 2015
people dey talk even suffer dey yarn
Re: Biafra- Before The War Breaks Out by Nobody: 7:28pm On Oct 27, 2015
but OP, we the Peoples of Biafra are not asking for war.

We just want to be left alone.

What then is exactly your problem?

We have the right to self determination.
Nigeria should stop being silly

Buhari went to the UN to preach on the need for a Palestenian State.
We Biafrans are asking for same.

Scotland had a referendum last year. The Catalonia in Spain are asking for same/'

Why must ours be different?
Stop this war threats.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biafra- Before The War Breaks Out by Bekwarra(m): 7:33pm On Oct 27, 2015
When will IPOB protest Nnamdi Kanu's arrest in Lagos? Since Yeboes own Lagos, they should stage a huge 1 million man march in Lagos nah. We are waiting for them.

2 Likes

Re: Biafra- Before The War Breaks Out by YoruBanger: 7:34pm On Oct 27, 2015
Bekwarra:
When will IPOB protest Nnamdi Kanu's arrest in Lagos? Since Yeboes own Lagos, they should stage a huge 1 million man march in Lagos nah. We are waiting for them.

Ah, bros, e beru Oloun o. Shey.. e fe gba ije lowo awon omo yee.bo l'eko ni? cheesy
Re: Biafra- Before The War Breaks Out by ODUBEZE: 7:37pm On Oct 27, 2015
OP, I understand the feelings. The way I see it, Biafrans are not asking for war but freedom. If any state is clamouring for war, it's the Nigerian State. That is why we are being civilised in our request.
Nigeria got her independence without going for war so Y are they threatening others with war?
This time, it will be different!
If indeed Nigeria belongs to us all, there should be 1. Equality in rotation in reference to ruling this country.
2. Quota System should be abolished.
3. Our constitution should be respected in terms of Federal character.
No particular tribe should hold others to ransom!
Our fore fathers believed in Nigeria because they had an agreement. Where this agreements is no longer honoured, then what is the need of being together?
4. I am never in support of war but as it is this maltreatment cannot go on.
So if at all there is going to be war, be rest assured that Biafrans will be vindicated because now, we are wiser and like the Israelites, we will emerge the victor!

2 Likes

Re: Biafra- Before The War Breaks Out by Bekwarra(m): 7:46pm On Oct 27, 2015
YoruBanger:

Ah, bros, e beru Oloun o. Shey.. e fe gba ije lowo awon omo yee.bo l'eko ni? cheesy
Need to manually reset some Igbos to function properly.
Re: Biafra- Before The War Breaks Out by PedroJP(m): 7:49pm On Oct 27, 2015
Nobody called for war,but if war iss the only way dat will bring Biafra, as far as Biafra must come(ie separation from yorubas and fulani/hausase), then so be it. Let there be war. After all, one must die someday. It's left for Nigeria to choose peace or war, not Biafrans.

Lordmecuzy na pple like u d katakata go first consume when e set. All demonstrations around d world never wan tell ur brain say time don reach to talk over issues thanwaving them off as online thing.

1 Like

Re: Biafra- Before The War Breaks Out by speedyGonzales: 7:55pm On Oct 27, 2015
Keep calm man! if a war breaks out, it is us the less strong guys that will die first, but I never shy away from a good death, As I was told "A man know when he is born but doesn't know when he will die!". So embrace it, and live as you want because "you only live ones".

hahaha! wink cool
Re: Biafra- Before The War Breaks Out by Khd95(m): 9:10pm On Oct 27, 2015
Igbos r hypocritesgrin
dy call d nigerian state ZOO,nd even threatened dat d zoo must fall,is dis not inciting war already

I read som comments above,nd som ibo folks denied calling for war;-\
Re: Biafra- Before The War Breaks Out by brize(m): 9:55pm On Oct 27, 2015
Khd95:
Igbos r hypocritesgrin
dy call d nigerian state ZOO,nd even threatened dat d zoo must fall,is dis not inciting war already

I read som comments above,nd som ibo folks denied calling for war;-\

lol, search for the word "formidable" that tells you all you need to know
Re: Biafra- Before The War Breaks Out by ARIZONA123(m): 9:57pm On Oct 27, 2015
Bekwarra:
. Radio biafra is broadcasting on lagos soil. Oya kill yaself. Yeribastardt

1 Like

Re: Biafra- Before The War Breaks Out by Bekwarra(m): 10:07pm On Oct 27, 2015
ARIZONA123:
Radio, facebook, twitter; the only places where the yeeboes can vent their frustrations uninhibited. To your tents(erosion ravaged land) oh Yeeboes.
Re: Biafra- Before The War Breaks Out by MrMbaM: 10:45pm On Oct 27, 2015
ARIZONA123:

Okolo Chyke, the son of a lazy wh,ore.

(1) (Reply)

Igbo People, Lands And Their Culture / Saraki And Senate On Revenge Mission. / Horrible State Of Roads In Owerri Imo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.