Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,790 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:37 AM

The Single Biggest Mistake Igbos Made Supporting Jonathan And PDP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Single Biggest Mistake Igbos Made Supporting Jonathan And PDP (2823 Views)

APC And PDP Chieftains To Form A New Mega Party / I Support Wike And PDP In New York - Man (Photo) / More "Facts" Emerge On The Cause Of Ali Modu And PDP Govs Impasse. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Single Biggest Mistake Igbos Made Supporting Jonathan And PDP by dinachi(m): 9:36pm On Oct 27, 2015
Now that the duplicity of the Ijaws are becoming clearer especially after the zoning of PDP presidential ticket to the north after the political sacrifice Igbos made supporting the Ijaws,with cooler heads, we can still retrace our steps back as a people. Many of our people on nairaland and offline shouted ourselves hoarse trying to warn our people that the duplicity of the Ijaws does not deserve support but our people failed to listen.

It was former President Jonathan that fired the first salvo when he openly declared PDP an Ijaw party at a rally in Bayelsa without even remembering the sacrifices Igbos made for his elections both in 2011 and 2015. Before our people could recover from the shock the PDP acting chairman Uche Secondus, another Ijaw man, zoned the presidential ticket in 2019 to the north.

Before we can retrace our steps, we need to identify our major mistake. We need to avoid making this same mistake again if we are to reclaim our position in national politics. So what was our greatest mistake? [b]We allied with a minority tribe to produce a president! [/b]Through out the history of Nigeria, two out of the three major tribes of Igbo hausa and Yoruba must back a candidate before he can win presidential elections.

But in 2015, we forgot that formula and wasted our precious time supporting an Ijaw president. Ijaws do not have the numbers to be of any serious political value to our people and I believe it is time we begin to think about leaving their party PDP for them and linking up with APC where we can interact with other major tribes of similar size, capacity and numbers!

Aprt from their backstabbing nature, Ijaws do not have the numbers to be useful to us in national politics. We dont need them, they need us.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Single Biggest Mistake Igbos Made Supporting Jonathan And PDP by patrick89(m): 9:43pm On Oct 27, 2015
dinachi:
Now that the duplicity of the Ijaws are becoming clearer especially after the zoning of PDP presidential ticket to the north after the political sacrifice Igbos made supporting the Ijaws,with cooler heads, we can still retrace our steps back as a people. Many of our people on nairaland and offline shouted ourselves hoarse trying to warn our people that the duplicity of the Ijaws does not deserve support but our people failed to listen.

It was former President Jonathan that fired the first salvo when he openly declared PDP an Ijaw party at a rally in Bayelsa without even remembering the sacrifices Igbos made for his elections both in 2011 and 2015. Before our people could recover from the shock the PDP acting chairman Uche Secondus, another Ijaw man, zoned the presidential ticket in 2019 to the north.

Before we can retrace our steps, we need to identify our major mistake. We need to avoid making this same mistake again if we are to reclaim our position in national politics. So what was our greatest mistake? [b]We allied with a minority tribe to produce a president! [/b]Through out the history of Nigeria, two out of the three major tribes of Igbo hausa and Yoruba must back a candidate before he can win presidential elections.

But in 2015, we forgot that formula and wasted our precious time supporting an Ijaw president. Ijaws do not have the numbers to be of any serious political value to our people and I believe it is time we begin to think about leaving their party PDP for them and linking up with APC where we can interact with other major tribes of similar size, capacity and numbers!

Aprt from their backstabbing nature, Ijaws do not have the numbers to be useful to us in national politics. We dont need them, they need us.

scavenger! I supported GEJ based on my conviction and not what ijaw or barcanista thing! You APC dogs are evil and must be slammed! Get out! You can not use what barcnista has said as their general opinion.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Single Biggest Mistake Igbos Made Supporting Jonathan And PDP by mightyhaze: 9:47pm On Oct 27, 2015
First of all,I doubt if ds op is igbo. Ur previous posts on ds forum lends credence 2 ds stand of mine. Dat said,I will pick jonathan again n again n again anyday against any buhari. So don't com here tryn 2 take advantage of d lil skirmishes of late on here. Jonathan may hav been weak,but 2 a reasonable extent,gave evrybody a chance,..a level field of play. Dat is all an average igbo man wants.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Single Biggest Mistake Igbos Made Supporting Jonathan And PDP by dinachi(m): 9:47pm On Oct 27, 2015
patrick89:
scavenger! I supported GEJ based on my conviction and not what ijaw or barcanista thing! You APC dogs are evil and must be slammed! Get out! You can not use what barcnista has said as their general opinion.
Another foolish Igbo man who has failed to learn from history! Die in your ignorance. Keep deceiving yourself. Ijaws and Igbos are not at the same level. They are beneath us. One state in Igbo land has the population of the entire Ijaw nation..

They are useless as allies in national politics.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Single Biggest Mistake Igbos Made Supporting Jonathan And PDP by athaboi(f): 9:53pm On Oct 27, 2015
dinachi:

fvck off u idi.ot...igbos never made any mistake, it was one of the best good choice made by the igbos in recent times. U want igbos to support buhari witout beeing convience? Go and sit down u small boy.. Stop saying we because u no be anything close to igbo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Single Biggest Mistake Igbos Made Supporting Jonathan And PDP by sammyj: 9:53pm On Oct 27, 2015
Only a folish wise man will put all his eggs in one basket or support a clown to become a king! !! grin shocked grin

9 Likes

Re: The Single Biggest Mistake Igbos Made Supporting Jonathan And PDP by Ofodirinwa: 9:54pm On Oct 27, 2015
dinachi:
[s]Now that the duplicity of the Ijaws are becoming clearer especially after the zoning of PDP presidential ticket to the north after the political sacrifice Igbos made supporting the Ijaws,with cooler heads, we can still retrace our steps back as a people. Many of our people on nairaland and offline shouted ourselves hoarse trying to warn our people that the duplicity of the Ijaws does not deserve support but our people failed to listen.

[/s]

2 Likes

Re: The Single Biggest Mistake Igbos Made Supporting Jonathan And PDP by sammyj: 9:55pm On Oct 27, 2015
And we're did it land you? Proudly 5% !!! grin grin%
patrick89:

3 Likes

Re: The Single Biggest Mistake Igbos Made Supporting Jonathan And PDP by patrick89(m): 9:55pm On Oct 27, 2015
dinachi:

Another foolish Igbo man who has failed to learn from history! Die in your ignorance. Keep deceiving yourself. Ijaws and Igbos are not at the same level. They are beneath us. One state in Igbo land has the population of the entire Ijaw nation..

They are useless as allies in national politics.
nonsensical statement! Why generalising? You are made from moon right?stupid black man from africa! You'll are noise makers! You have no brain! I will still vote him if you present buhari vs GEJ! Rubbish, ever since that illiterate came to power I have not been able to grasp just one thing he has said. The brain drain fula man is a no no for me! Get it into your thick coconut skull. I can never use what barcnista and truckpusher have said to judge the whole tribe! Get lost morrrron

4 Likes

Re: The Single Biggest Mistake Igbos Made Supporting Jonathan And PDP by ELTON123(m): 9:58pm On Oct 27, 2015
R.i.P To The Respect I Had For Tonyebarcanista. But Gej Is Still My Hero

3 Likes

Re: The Single Biggest Mistake Igbos Made Supporting Jonathan And PDP by dinachi(m): 9:59pm On Oct 27, 2015
patrick89:
nonsensical statement! Why generalising? You are made from moon right?stupid black man from africa! You'll are noise makers! You have no brain! I will still vote him if you present buhari vs GEJ! Rubbish, ever since that illiterate came to power I have not been able to grasp just one thing he has said. The brain drain fula man is a no no for me! Get it into your thick coconut skull. I can never use what barcnista and truckpusher have said to judge the whole tribe! Get lost morrrron

Only foolish Ijaw slaves like you do not knoww that democracy is a game of numbers. That is how you keep making political mistakes. What is the number of the entire Ijaw nation He goat?

I repeat Ijaws are totally useless as allies in national politics.

5 Likes

Re: The Single Biggest Mistake Igbos Made Supporting Jonathan And PDP by patrick89(m): 10:01pm On Oct 27, 2015
sammyj:
And we're did it land you? Proudly 5% !!! grin grin%
non of eff biznes! I voted my conscience! Look you silly APC apologists should not even thik of eating from the spoil. You better warn your stupid self

3 Likes

Re: The Single Biggest Mistake Igbos Made Supporting Jonathan And PDP by dinachi(m): 10:02pm On Oct 27, 2015
patrick89:
non of eff biznes! I voted my conscience! Look you silly APC apologists should not even thik of eating from the spoil. You better warn your stupid self

You still have not learnt anything?

1 Like

Re: The Single Biggest Mistake Igbos Made Supporting Jonathan And PDP by princemillla(m): 10:22pm On Oct 27, 2015
See drama
Re: The Single Biggest Mistake Igbos Made Supporting Jonathan And PDP by WisdomTank: 10:22pm On Oct 27, 2015
The unholy political matrimony of the South East and South South wasn't properly thought through. It was an alliance that lacks strategy in every sense of it. And that to a very considerable extent revealed the political naivety of the South East.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Single Biggest Mistake Igbos Made Supporting Jonathan And PDP by kodded(m): 10:30pm On Oct 27, 2015
dinachi:

Only foolish Ijaw slaves like you do not knoww that democracy is a game of numbers. That is how you keep making political mistakes. What is the number of the entire Ijaw nation He goat?

undecided

yet you crack head still depend on their oyel

undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: The Single Biggest Mistake Igbos Made Supporting Jonathan And PDP by illiad: 11:31pm On Oct 27, 2015
K
Re: The Single Biggest Mistake Igbos Made Supporting Jonathan And PDP by Nobody: 11:33pm On Oct 27, 2015
dinachi:

i disagree
Re: The Single Biggest Mistake Igbos Made Supporting Jonathan And PDP by pazienza(m): 11:38pm On Oct 27, 2015
WisdomTank:
The unholy political matrimony of the South East and South South wasn't properly thought through. It was an alliance that lacks strategy in every sense of it. And that to a very considerable extent revealed the political naivety of the South East.

Your name should have been fooolishTank.

3 Likes

Re: The Single Biggest Mistake Igbos Made Supporting Jonathan And PDP by illiad: 11:38pm On Oct 27, 2015
Bekwarra:
When will IPOB protest Nnamdi Kanu's arrest in
Lagos? Since Yeboes own Lagos, they should stage a
huge 1 million man march in Lagos nah. We are
waiting for them.

Why are you people so restless about Biafra?

Please try seek your own freedom and let others face theirs

If you lots are so afraid of being left alone with Northerners forever when Biafra comes to be then seek for a true federalism where things would be as they stand in USA then maybe Igbos might reconsider but until then it is Biafra or nothing.

Igbos need Biafra and no amount of disturbing yourselves would discourage us.

3 Likes

Re: The Single Biggest Mistake Igbos Made Supporting Jonathan And PDP by patrick89(m): 11:42pm On Oct 27, 2015
dinachi:

rubbish!

1 Like

Re: The Single Biggest Mistake Igbos Made Supporting Jonathan And PDP by nwanwaoge(m): 11:43pm On Oct 27, 2015
kodded:
undecided

yet you crack head still depend on their oyel

undecided undecided

Their oyel...i lafff...what percentage of ur pple own oil Blocks....in ur so called oyel republic....wise up
Re: The Single Biggest Mistake Igbos Made Supporting Jonathan And PDP by kodded(m): 11:51pm On Oct 27, 2015
nwanwaoge:

Their oyel...i lafff...what percentage of ur pple own oil Blocks....in ur so called oyel republic....wise up

undecided

that dunder head claim that niger deltans are worthless but his people cannot live without the niger deltans

undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: The Single Biggest Mistake Igbos Made Supporting Jonathan And PDP by DFemaleBoss(f): 12:04am On Oct 28, 2015
Igbos did not make any mistakes.
Gej is better than Bubu in all ramifications.

3 Likes

Re: The Single Biggest Mistake Igbos Made Supporting Jonathan And PDP by illiad: 12:05am On Oct 28, 2015
dinachi:

Op your post is laid on a banal premise

What has ijaw got to do with Igbos vote for Jonathan? Was Jonathan made president because he was ijaw? No op. Nobody ever thought of Jonathan tribe when he was made acting president and when he was voted president. People only remembered his tribe when people like Clark and Dokubo's started misyarning. That was when they reminded them of their insignificance in Nigeria politics

And so Igbos voting for Jonathan was never about ijaw.... And I have yet to see any Igbo man think of ijaw being of any relevance to ndigbo.

There are two tribes that you will ever hear Igbos mention in life..... Yorubas for being slave to hausa fulanis and not wanting freedom two... And Hausa_Fulanis for not deserving to be shared a country with due to their animal lifestyle.

So apart from nairaland where all sorts of tribeless oafs brew craps daily to get online notice... Ijaw is non existing in Igbo man's scheme of things.

3 Likes

Re: The Single Biggest Mistake Igbos Made Supporting Jonathan And PDP by dinachi(m): 9:21pm On Oct 28, 2015
DFemaleBoss:
Igbos did not make any mistakes.
Gej is better than Bubu in all ramifications.
2nd class citizen mentality! Keep worshiping Ijaws!
Re: The Single Biggest Mistake Igbos Made Supporting Jonathan And PDP by dinachi(m): 9:30pm On Oct 28, 2015
My people, this is the time to offload Ijaws from our political lexicon. Those guys are completely worthless. We trusted them in 1967, they betrayed us and sided with the north, took over our houses and termed them abandoned properties. We trusted and supported their son to for President in 2015, instead of showing appreciation, they dumped our asses, declared PDP an Ijaw party and zoned the presidency to the north. This is the second time Ijaws have openly dumped us for the north. It is about time our people become wise and align with ethnic groups of similar size and structure. Ijaws are completely useless as allies for national politics. The entire Ijaw nation is not up to 2 million people. How does such few number of people favour us in national politics.But if we have the support of tens of millions of Yorubas of tens of millions of hausa fulani, then victory is sure. Nigerian president of Igbo extraction can only be possible if we align with either Yorubas or Hausa Fulani. Ijaws are completely worthless as allies!
Re: The Single Biggest Mistake Igbos Made Supporting Jonathan And PDP by acmesuccess: 9:45pm On Oct 28, 2015
kindly download BLOOD ON THE ALTAR for free.

[size=16pt]CLICK HERE[/size]

[img]http://4.bp..com/-EpC3yBtuhJE/Vf5uzOnASUI/AAAAAAAAAb0/HZLNMY3s7lo/s400/book%2Bblood%2Bon%2Btha%2Baltar%2Bembross.png[/img]
Re: The Single Biggest Mistake Igbos Made Supporting Jonathan And PDP by Nobody: 9:57pm On Oct 28, 2015
Dinachi is right. The ijaws are a worthless, uselss and treachrous people. It is time to play the game like the big tribe we are. Imagine them calling us land grabbers as if the northerners are not already grabbing the oyel.
Re: The Single Biggest Mistake Igbos Made Supporting Jonathan And PDP by Nobody: 9:58pm On Oct 28, 2015
dinachi:

I've told u many times that ur not igbo.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Single Biggest Mistake Igbos Made Supporting Jonathan And PDP by kernel501: 10:05pm On Oct 28, 2015
dinachi:

Onye ofe mmanu, impersonator from one of the bailout states.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

PHOTO: Girl's Awful Selfie At A Funeral; " Grave Is Boo" / Breaking News: Akwa Ibom Senator Godswill Akpabio Dumps PDP For APC, Obasanjo, T / Sincere Apologies On Katsina Bye-election Misinformation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.