Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,518 members, 7,812,601 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:03 PM

Of Ignorance, And Wike's Emotional Meltdown. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Of Ignorance, And Wike's Emotional Meltdown. (1023 Views)

Amaechi And Wike In Handshake During Peace Meeting On Rivers Rerun / Buhari And Wike Meet In Abuja, At The Presidential Villa / PHOTOS : Old Pics Of Amaechi And Wike Back Then (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Of Ignorance, And Wike's Emotional Meltdown. by baridamben(m): 6:41am On Oct 28, 2015
The land of the ignorant is like a vast desert devoid of reason, common sense, logic, and therein lies only a bunch of unscrupulous and disgruntled species, blinded to the light of truth, whose only pursuit in life is a tissue of fictions soothing their own gullibility. The PDP, GDI, and all other indigenous inhabitants of this land have been at it again, shamelessly making many embarrassing comments as it relates to their colossal loss at the electoral tribunal.... They don't want to accept defeat, they go from making inciteful comments, issuing subtle threats, chest-thumping to a varying degree of grandstanding and ignorant posturing. I listened and pretended as though I didn't hear... I continued to pay deaf ears to the cacaphony of ramblings oozing out of the abundance of their mumurity... From Mr. Go-round to Olisa Metuh, to the vast arrays of their blind supporters chained up under a shredded umbrella, and then to the one that broke the camel's back, the one-eye caretaker king of the blind, Mr. Nyesom Wike himself, who took to Radio last night and disturbed the peace of the whole state with his baby-cry. It's annoying... Which is why I want to sound it clearly to them that they should desist from arrogating for themselves powers they do not posses. They're out of power, they're squatting somewhere in the opposition, and they were kicked out because they do not have what it takes to mount the institution of governance. They're sore losers who are merely throwing tantrums like a deprived child, while forgetting badly that they're greatly outnumbered and made insignificant by the ever vibrant force of the ruling APC. Their numbers are dwindling everyday to a mere trickle.
But... Ladies and gentlemen, My dear friends, APC faithfuls and all the mourning supporters of the dead party called PDP, I shall now attempt to look critically, one after the other, item by item, the grounds for their empty gra-gra. I urge you to please take a ride with me as we begin to examine under the light microscope the grounds for their grouse... Statement by statement, myth by myth, right from their defence at the tribunal, down to the emotional meltdown of Wike last night.
1) On The Relocation Of Tribunal To Abuja: Justice is justice, no matter where it is served, and shall continue to remain justice as long as every party in the matter was duly represented. You would recall that due to the high level of violence and intimidation that characterised the last election, culminating in the setting up of a panel of inquiry into the killings of innocent lives in the state, the tribunal hence reasoned that the environment in Rivers State was not conducive for fair-hearing and for the safety of witnesses, it therefore decided to hold its sittings in abuja. The issue of insecurity in Rivers State had been on the front burner, but let us not forget in a hurry that this situation is a creation of mindless politicians who, instead of go to the people to give their manifesto, decided to pay visits to ex-militants and cultists, and then patronised them to rob us all of our mandate. The proliferation of illegal weapons in the state makes it an unfavourable environment to attain justice. So the issue of jurisdiction was quashed by the tribunal, Wike and his people were legally told that they cannot eat their cake and have it, or that they cannot come to equity with soiled hands. Besides, the Supreme court had earlier ruled that mere technicalities like that has no fundamental effect on an election petition. As it stands today, any noise to that effect is a waste of energy, because even the Supreme court cannot give judgement on a case already overtaken by event.
2) On the calling of Witnesses... Wike called only 24 witnesses, all of which were ordinary voters, except for three who were his star witnesses. One of the three was a police Area Commander whose core responsibility was merely administrative in nature... The other was a retired DSS officer, who as it turned out was already sacked by the service for gross incompetence and corruption, and the third was an INEC national commissioner, who apart from submitting his subpoena documents to the tribunal did not summit even a tissue paper as evidence to back-up his badly discredited testimony. INEC called 16 witnesses, all of which were Youth Corpers or ad-hoc staff, they did not call even one INEC staff to testify in their own case. In total, they called 40 witnesses, 37 of which were ordinary witnesses, as the PDP called a sum total of zero witness. They did that in 18 days, but compare it to Dakuku who called 56 witnesses in 10 days. Of the 56, 3 were voters, and a few others were presiding officers, but the majority of them were star witnesses. If PDP called an Area Commander with only administrative capacity, APC called the IG, who gave his testimony through different officers of the police force who had the core responsibilities to monitor the election and patrol the area. If they called a retired DSS officer who gave his testimony as an individual, we called the whole DSS by calling its director, who gave his testimony through different officers who were on ground that day. If they called a national commissioner of INEC who arrived the state on the eve of the election and testified without even presenting a tissue paper as report, Dakuku called the national chairman of the monitoring team in Rivers State who had been in the state for well over 6 months before the election, monitoring campaigns, rallies and the election proper, with over 6,200 staff under him, with an official report signed by all the three national commissioners and sent to the tribunal from the INEC office in Abuja.... It was the testimony that nailed the PDP, that INEC gave an official document that says the purported election was a sham. This document has more weight than the certificate of return given to Wike and Jega's publication in a national daily. When the weight of witnesses are compared side-by-side, and for those who followed my earlier report on the cases, who still remember my report on the inconsistency of the witnesses, there is no doubt that Wike had already lost a long time ago.
3) The PDP also said we did not prove our case from polling unit to polling unit... The truth is, proving a case like that would be practically impossible considering the time we had, and true justice does not ask for the impossible. So we proved our case by sending INEC documents from all the units that shows that there was no election. We then went ahead to call star witnesses who testified on behalf of a whole area... For example, a ward agent has the legal powers to go to every unit in the ward and inspect during an election, and can testify in court on behalf of that ward. He relies on the reports of his unit agents, something the PDP also criticised as "hearsay", but the truth is that, as a ward agent, reports from his unit agents is actually a viable testimony in the court of law.
For the purpose of clarity, if you're a presiding officer of a unit then testifying on behalf of another unit is "hearsay", but if you're a ward agent, then testifying on behalf of all the units in the ward is not "hearsay", even though you were told. This is why the APC did not call many voters and decided to took advantage of the leverage offered by the powers of a star witness to beat time.
4) PDP said the non-usage of Card Reader cannot be grounds for disqualification of an election.... The truth is, they're right in part, but wrong in another part. The electoral act did not state that the non-usage of card reader is a ground for disqualification of election, in fact, the Card Reader is alien to the constitution. So on that ground, they're right.. But the same constitution also empowers INEC to set conditions and guidelines for the conduct of election, and empowers them to annul the election when such conditions and guidelines are blatantly flouted. The PDP's and Jonathan's legal team recognised this fact when they were fighting against the use of Card Reader before the election, they examined the law and knew that the constitution empowers INEC to introduce technology for the conduct of the election, and that was why they didn't even bother to challenge it in court. If you treat the Card Reader as an initiative of INEC to better the election, an initiative authorised by the electoral act, then it becomes clear how the constitution recognises the Card Reader. This was why the tribunal ruled that there is no conflict between the introduction of technology in the conduct of election and the provisions of the electoral act. Wike was not a smart criminal, he thought he could beat the law by manipulating it, but he has never been a smart criminal even when his life depended on it. Dakuku simply explained to the tribunal that the use of Card Reader was made mandatory by INEC guidelines, the same guidelines that is rooted in the electoral act. So the court simply ruled that INEC has the POWERS to insist on Card Reader, that it is not open to anybody to argue otherwise. Please take note of the word "powers", emphases is on the powers of INEC and not on the Card Reader itself. INEC gave a circular that if the card reader fails, that election should be postponed to the next day, and if you disobey that directive then you've disobeyed the powers entrusted in INEC by the constitution. So INEC has the constitutional powers, but nobody, not even Wike, has any other power to direct that election be conducted in any other way. If they like, let them go to the supreme court, even to the court of Satan, they cannot reverse that judgement.
5) They said some part of our petition where we made allegation of crime against the law-enforcement agencies were struck out... That it shows that our petition was weak. Hahahah... See me see case oh! Imagine that the persons I joined in my case came to beg me to remove his name in the case that he will help me to defend my case and I saw the advantage in that and removed his name, does that make my case weaker or stronger? Common sense would tell you that it makes the case to be lighter and less cumbersome, and increases exponentially our chance of victory. But what is their business in our own case anyway, shouldn't they be concentrating on their defence instead of talking for talking sake?
6) Mr. Wike claimed in his ranting last night that the tribunal gave an undue legal weight to the use or non-use of card reader... But he's ignorant of the law, which calls to question the veracity of his law certificate. There are many things surrounding an election that if you don't do makes the process invalid. For example, you cannot say a result is valid if only one party agent signed the result sheet, yet the constitution did not state that a failure to sign a result sheet makes the election nullified. But since it is part of the guidelines set by INEC, if you don't do it then you would've broken the law.. It doesn't mean that any judge is attaching any undue weight to the situation by explaining the law to you. Wike shouldn't be calling himself a lawyer if he doesn't understand this simple logic.
7) Wike also insinuated in his ramblings last night that his purported victory was nullified only on the grounds of the use or non-use of Card Reader.. But my people, it is not true... The tribunal considered every item in the case and ruled everything against him, he's merely dwelling on the Card Reader ruling to whip unhealthy sentiment. For instance, the tribunal said "a simple glance at the result sheet (exhibit A10) shows that election was not conducted in substantial compliance with the electoral act". The Tribunal also questioned the consistency of the testimony of PDP witnesses, that they all claimed to be deaf and dumb, and so should remain so forever. The tribunal said, the INEC witnesses claimed they were not aware of the directives of exclusive use of Card Reader... Is that possible? NO! So the tribunal ruled that the character of Wike's witnesses were impugned under cross-examination, exactly in the same way I had already reported. The tribunal also ruled that Wike's witnesses dodged questions under cross-examination and refused to answer questions on documents we confronted them with, and considering everything, that their testimonies were not believable and unreliable. So it was not just on the use of Card Reader that his weak defence was dismissed.
cool Wike lied in his tissue of lies last night that the election was adjudged to be free and fair by international observers, in fact, the APC tendered to the tribunal a number of publications by authorised international monitors that said the election was a sham and fell short of the guidelines set by INEC.
9) Wike also claimed in his emotional meltdown that whenever the Card Reader fails, that manual accreditation was used, thereby confirming that his party flouted the guidelines set by INEC that election should be postponed to the next day when the card reader fails. He wants to create his own guidelines and then throw tantrums when the laws does not recognise his powers to do so? He exposes again his poor knowledge of current affairs by claiming that he was not aware of any other place where election was postponed to the next day due to the failure of Card Reader.

10) Wike also cited the Ambode's case where the judge ruled that Card Reader failure is not the bases for the cancellation of an election... But this was a different case with different context, that is liable to be misapplied in another case. Besides, an appeal court judgement is not a law that must be applied everywhere. For example, the Appeal court had earlier ruled against the 21 Days notice in the case of Dawari George, but when Justice Pindiga later gave his judgement at the tribunal in favour of the 21 days notice, his judgement remained valid because the earlier judgement of the Appeal court was not a law binding on him. An appeal court judgement can be binding on a lower court for which the judgement was directed at, but not a law to be followed by every other court in the land. Wike should just throw away his law degree. His attempt to use the Appeal court and Supreme court interchangeably to deceive his gullible supporters is highly embarrassing as well.
Lastly, Wike claimed that we made wild and false allegations against the conduct of the election, but may I sound it very clearly to him and his hopeless supporters, that as at this very minute, our allegations have been confirmed by the law, and has been ruled to be true, and it shall remain so at least until the Appeal court gives an alternative judgement.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Of Ignorance, And Wike's Emotional Meltdown. by otipoju(m): 7:44am On Oct 28, 2015
Wike the weeper....

He is not a smart person at all.
He took the Jonathan versus Amaechi beef too personal and its gonna cost him.

Jonathan wronged Amaechi by robbing him of his mandate at the Governor's forum election, so ab initio Amaechi was fighting a just cause.

4 Likes

Re: Of Ignorance, And Wike's Emotional Meltdown. by Yomboy4ever(m): 8:00am On Oct 28, 2015
I remember one song during rivers state election.
wike dey go ooo wike dey go oooo u no go gree u no go gree stay for your house. ooo

wike is a gunner against Sheffield united

1 Like

Re: Of Ignorance, And Wike's Emotional Meltdown. by redcliff: 8:35am On Oct 28, 2015
This is good front page material.. well dine op

1 Like

Re: Of Ignorance, And Wike's Emotional Meltdown. by dustmalik: 8:49am On Oct 28, 2015
Cc: lalasticlala, this deserves front page.

1 Like

Re: Of Ignorance, And Wike's Emotional Meltdown. by Nobody: 8:59am On Oct 28, 2015
nice analysis

1 Like

Re: Of Ignorance, And Wike's Emotional Meltdown. by Nobody: 9:01am On Oct 28, 2015
front page
Re: Of Ignorance, And Wike's Emotional Meltdown. by coolbreeze44: 9:46am On Oct 28, 2015
I seriously agree that Wike is trying to gather sympathy by stressing the issue of the card reader as the basis for the unfavourable judgement with respect to his election. I am not a fan of both parties but I hate desperation! Even the blind and deaf are aware of the shambolic elections that was held in Rivers state. He was too desperate! Let him cry now for what he has done.

3 Likes

Re: Of Ignorance, And Wike's Emotional Meltdown. by ogmaskman: 2:30pm On Oct 28, 2015
What a way to burst their bubbles. Short, sharp and precise analyses.

I have known wike since his days as errand boy to amaechi/local govt chair. He lies like fish. For him To tell a lie is like ice cream in a child's mouth. Secondly, I had the cause to suspect his lawyer status during the sitting of his paddy paddy panel of inquiry. But never befor have I been so sure that wike ddnt pass thru sch talkless law sch. All Tnx to OP. The man is an embarrassment to the law profession. His law training ends with bribing of judges. If it were not so how else can one explain his wailings about judges being bribed whenever rullings go against him.

God bless you OP. Pls we need more of the truth and not a certain tonyebarcanister who thinks his imaginations have become facts.

1 Like

Re: Of Ignorance, And Wike's Emotional Meltdown. by sammyj: 2:32pm On Oct 28, 2015
What will you expect from a caretaker governor in the first place lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Of Ignorance, And Wike's Emotional Meltdown. by baridamben(m): 8:15am On Oct 29, 2015
I registered on here just two days ago, and this is my first post on Nairaland. Thanks guys for the nice comments. How does it get to the front page?
Re: Of Ignorance, And Wike's Emotional Meltdown. by baridamben(m): 8:21am On Oct 29, 2015
ogmaskman:
What a way to burst their bubbles. Short, sharp and precise analyses.

I have known wike since his days as errand boy to amaechi/local govt chair. He lies like fish. For him To tell a lie is like ice cream in a child's mouth. Secondly, I had the cause to suspect his lawyer status during the sitting of his paddy paddy panel of inquiry. But never befor have I been so sure that wike ddnt pass thru sch talkless law sch. All Tnx to OP. The man is an embarrassment to the law profession. His law training ends with bribing of judges. If it were not so how else can one explain his wailings about judges being bribed whenever rullings go against him.

God bless you OP. Pls we need more of the truth and not a certain tonyebarcanister who thinks his imaginations have become facts.
Cheers! Who is tonyebarcanister, I would love to see what he has to say about this post. Anyway... As for Wike's desperation, I would love to offer the nation a cup of coffee.. It seems they're only just noticing what we've been suffering since a long time ago.

2 Likes

Re: Of Ignorance, And Wike's Emotional Meltdown. by dinachi(m): 8:39am On Oct 29, 2015
baridamben:
The land of the ignorant is like a vast desert devoid of reason, common sense, logic, and therein lies only a bunch of unscrupulous and disgruntled species, blinded to the light of truth, whose only pursuit in life is a tissue of fictions soothing their own gullibility. The PDP, GDI, and all other indigenous inhabitants of this land have been at it again, shamelessly making many embarrassing comments as it relates to their colossal loss at the electoral tribunal.... They don't want to accept defeat, they go from making inciteful comments, issuing subtle threats, chest-thumping to a varying degree of grandstanding and ignorant posturing. I listened and pretended as though I didn't hear... I continued to pay deaf ears to the cacaphony of ramblings oozing out of the abundance of their mumurity... From Mr. Go-round to Olisa Metuh, to the vast arrays of their blind supporters chained up under a shredded umbrella, and then to the one that broke the camel's back, the one-eye caretaker king of the blind, Mr. Nyesom Wike himself, who took to Radio last night and disturbed the peace of the whole state with his baby-cry. It's annoying... Which is why I want to sound it clearly to them that they should desist from arrogating for themselves powers they do not posses. They're out of power, they're squatting somewhere in the opposition, and they were kicked out because they do not have what it takes to mount the institution of governance. They're sore losers who are merely throwing tantrums like a deprived child, while forgetting badly that they're greatly outnumbered and made insignificant by the ever vibrant force of the ruling APC. Their numbers are dwindling everyday to a mere trickle.
But... Ladies and gentlemen, My dear friends, APC faithfuls and all the mourning supporters of the dead party called PDP, I shall now attempt to look critically, one after the other, item by item, the grounds for their empty gra-gra. I urge you to please take a ride with me as we begin to examine under the light microscope the grounds for their grouse... Statement by statement, myth by myth, right from their defence at the tribunal, down to the emotional meltdown of Wike last night.
1) On The Relocation Of Tribunal To Abuja: Justice is justice, no matter where it is served, and shall continue to remain justice as long as every party in the matter was duly represented. You would recall that due to the high level of violence and intimidation that characterised the last election, culminating in the setting up of a panel of inquiry into the killings of innocent lives in the state, the tribunal hence reasoned that the environment in Rivers State was not conducive for fair-hearing and for the safety of witnesses, it therefore decided to hold its sittings in abuja. The issue of insecurity in Rivers State had been on the front burner, but let us not forget in a hurry that this situation is a creation of mindless politicians who, instead of go to the people to give their manifesto, decided to pay visits to ex-militants and cultists, and then patronised them to rob us all of our mandate. The proliferation of illegal weapons in the state makes it an unfavourable environment to attain justice. So the issue of jurisdiction was quashed by the tribunal, Wike and his people were legally told that they cannot eat their cake and have it, or that they cannot come to equity with soiled hands. Besides, the Supreme court had earlier ruled that mere technicalities like that has no fundamental effect on an election petition. As it stands today, any noise to that effect is a waste of energy, because even the Supreme court cannot give judgement on a case already overtaken by event.
2) On the calling of Witnesses... Wike called only 24 witnesses, all of which were ordinary voters, except for three who were his star witnesses. One of the three was a police Area Commander whose core responsibility was merely administrative in nature... The other was a retired DSS officer, who as it turned out was already sacked by the service for gross incompetence and corruption, and the third was an INEC national commissioner, who apart from submitting his subpoena documents to the tribunal did not summit even a tissue paper as evidence to back-up his badly discredited testimony. INEC called 16 witnesses, all of which were Youth Corpers or ad-hoc staff, they did not call even one INEC staff to testify in their own case. In total, they called 40 witnesses, 37 of which were ordinary witnesses, as the PDP called a sum total of zero witness. They did that in 18 days, but compare it to Dakuku who called 56 witnesses in 10 days. Of the 56, 3 were voters, and a few others were presiding officers, but the majority of them were star witnesses. If PDP called an Area Commander with only administrative capacity, APC called the IG, who gave his testimony through different officers of the police force who had the core responsibilities to monitor the election and patrol the area. If they called a retired DSS officer who gave his testimony as an individual, we called the whole DSS by calling its director, who gave his testimony through different officers who were on ground that day. If they called a national commissioner of INEC who arrived the state on the eve of the election and testified without even presenting a tissue paper as report, Dakuku called the national chairman of the monitoring team in Rivers State who had been in the state for well over 6 months before the election, monitoring campaigns, rallies and the election proper, with over 6,200 staff under him, with an official report signed by all the three national commissioners and sent to the tribunal from the INEC office in Abuja.... It was the testimony that nailed the PDP, that INEC gave an official document that says the purported election was a sham. This document has more weight than the certificate of return given to Wike and Jega's publication in a national daily. When the weight of witnesses are compared side-by-side, and for those who followed my earlier report on the cases, who still remember my report on the inconsistency of the witnesses, there is no doubt that Wike had already lost a long time ago.
3) The PDP also said we did not prove our case from polling unit to polling unit... The truth is, proving a case like that would be practically impossible considering the time we had, and true justice does not ask for the impossible. So we proved our case by sending INEC documents from all the units that shows that there was no election. We then went ahead to call star witnesses who testified on behalf of a whole area... For example, a ward agent has the legal powers to go to every unit in the ward and inspect during an election, and can testify in court on behalf of that ward. He relies on the reports of his unit agents, something the PDP also criticised as "hearsay", but the truth is that, as a ward agent, reports from his unit agents is actually a viable testimony in the court of law.
For the purpose of clarity, if you're a presiding officer of a unit then testifying on behalf of another unit is "hearsay", but if you're a ward agent, then testifying on behalf of all the units in the ward is not "hearsay", even though you were told. This is why the APC did not call many voters and decided to took advantage of the leverage offered by the powers of a star witness to beat time.
4) PDP said the non-usage of Card Reader cannot be grounds for disqualification of an election.... The truth is, they're right in part, but wrong in another part. The electoral act did not state that the non-usage of card reader is a ground for disqualification of election, in fact, the Card Reader is alien to the constitution. So on that ground, they're right.. But the same constitution also empowers INEC to set conditions and guidelines for the conduct of election, and empowers them to annul the election when such conditions and guidelines are blatantly flouted. The PDP's and Jonathan's legal team recognised this fact when they were fighting against the use of Card Reader before the election, they examined the law and knew that the constitution empowers INEC to introduce technology for the conduct of the election, and that was why they didn't even bother to challenge it in court. If you treat the Card Reader as an initiative of INEC to better the election, an initiative authorised by the electoral act, then it becomes clear how the constitution recognises the Card Reader. This was why the tribunal ruled that there is no conflict between the introduction of technology in the conduct of election and the provisions of the electoral act. Wike was not a smart criminal, he thought he could beat the law by manipulating it, but he has never been a smart criminal even when his life depended on it. Dakuku simply explained to the tribunal that the use of Card Reader was made mandatory by INEC guidelines, the same guidelines that is rooted in the electoral act. So the court simply ruled that INEC has the POWERS to insist on Card Reader, that it is not open to anybody to argue otherwise. Please take note of the word "powers", emphases is on the powers of INEC and not on the Card Reader itself. INEC gave a circular that if the card reader fails, that election should be postponed to the next day, and if you disobey that directive then you've disobeyed the powers entrusted in INEC by the constitution. So INEC has the constitutional powers, but nobody, not even Wike, has any other power to direct that election be conducted in any other way. If they like, let them go to the supreme court, even to the court of Satan, they cannot reverse that judgement.
5) They said some part of our petition where we made allegation of crime against the law-enforcement agencies were struck out... That it shows that our petition was weak. Hahahah... See me see case oh! Imagine that the persons I joined in my case came to beg me to remove his name in the case that he will help me to defend my case and I saw the advantage in that and removed his name, does that make my case weaker or stronger? Common sense would tell you that it makes the case to be lighter and less cumbersome, and increases exponentially our chance of victory. But what is their business in our own case anyway, shouldn't they be concentrating on their defence instead of talking for talking sake?
6) Mr. Wike claimed in his ranting last night that the tribunal gave an undue legal weight to the use or non-use of card reader... But he's ignorant of the law, which calls to question the veracity of his law certificate. There are many things surrounding an election that if you don't do makes the process invalid. For example, you cannot say a result is valid if only one party agent signed the result sheet, yet the constitution did not state that a failure to sign a result sheet makes the election nullified. But since it is part of the guidelines set by INEC, if you don't do it then you would've broken the law.. It doesn't mean that any judge is attaching any undue weight to the situation by explaining the law to you. Wike shouldn't be calling himself a lawyer if he doesn't understand this simple logic.
7) Wike also insinuated in his ramblings last night that his purported victory was nullified only on the grounds of the use or non-use of Card Reader.. But my people, it is not true... The tribunal considered every item in the case and ruled everything against him, he's merely dwelling on the Card Reader ruling to whip unhealthy sentiment. For instance, the tribunal said "a simple glance at the result sheet (exhibit A10) shows that election was not conducted in substantial compliance with the electoral act". The Tribunal also questioned the consistency of the testimony of PDP witnesses, that they all claimed to be deaf and dumb, and so should remain so forever. The tribunal said, the INEC witnesses claimed they were not aware of the directives of exclusive use of Card Reader... Is that possible? NO! So the tribunal ruled that the character of Wike's witnesses were impugned under cross-examination, exactly in the same way I had already reported. The tribunal also ruled that Wike's witnesses dodged questions under cross-examination and refused to answer questions on documents we confronted them with, and considering everything, that their testimonies were not believable and unreliable. So it was not just on the use of Card Reader that his weak defence was dismissed.
cool Wike lied in his tissue of lies last night that the election was adjudged to be free and fair by international observers, in fact, the APC tendered to the tribunal a number of publications by authorised international monitors that said the election was a sham and fell short of the guidelines set by INEC.
9) Wike also claimed in his emotional meltdown that whenever the Card Reader fails, that manual accreditation was used, thereby confirming that his party flouted the guidelines set by INEC that election should be postponed to the next day when the card reader fails. He wants to create his own guidelines and then throw tantrums when the laws does not recognise his powers to do so? He exposes again his poor knowledge of current affairs by claiming that he was not aware of any other place where election was postponed to the next day due to the failure of Card Reader.

10) Wike also cited the Ambode's case where the judge ruled that Card Reader failure is not the bases for the cancellation of an election... But this was a different case with different context, that is liable to be misapplied in another case. Besides, an appeal court judgement is not a law that must be applied everywhere. For example, the Appeal court had earlier ruled against the 21 Days notice in the case of Dawari George, but when Justice Pindiga later gave his judgement at the tribunal in favour of the 21 days notice, his judgement remained valid because the earlier judgement of the Appeal court was not a law binding on him. An appeal court judgement can be binding on a lower court for which the judgement was directed at, but not a law to be followed by every other court in the land. Wike should just throw away his law degree. His attempt to use the Appeal court and Supreme court interchangeably to deceive his gullible supporters is highly embarrassing as well.
Lastly, Wike claimed that we made wild and false allegations against the conduct of the election, but may I sound it very clearly to him and his hopeless supporters, that as at this very minute, our allegations have been confirmed by the law, and has been ruled to be true, and it shall remain so at least until the Appeal court gives an alternative judgement.
Mahn, this is exceptionally brilliant! Thumbs up! Your name sounds like an Ogoni name. Are you from Ogoni in Rivers State ?
Re: Of Ignorance, And Wike's Emotional Meltdown. by iwantto(m): 9:02am On Oct 29, 2015
Sincerely speaking, this is the best analysis of the whole Wike-Dakuku brouhaha I have read in NL. It is very precised, very legal and at thesame time very simple for the lay man to understand.

We need more of these type of posts from both PDP and APC to help people who do not belong to any party understand what is really going on.
Re: Of Ignorance, And Wike's Emotional Meltdown. by Pangea: 9:11am On Oct 29, 2015
Wike the wicked!
What a shameless brute!

I have no pity for him! angry
Re: Of Ignorance, And Wike's Emotional Meltdown. by 1wolex85: 9:28am On Oct 29, 2015
Re: Of Ignorance, And Wike's Emotional Meltdown. by cooltone: 10:27am On Oct 29, 2015
This is a front page material and not all these biafra and wailing threads all over nairaland. The funny thing is the chest beating by some Wike fans that he can win elections in Rivers state. I can't wait for the rerun where there will be no Mama Peace, the clueless one, blind INEC Rec etc to help him write results. He has to face the people this time around.

(1) (Reply)

Amaechi's Screening: Watch Senator Obanikoro's Ministerial Screening / Customs Officers No Go Die Well By Abiodun Ladepo / KOGI DECIDES 2015; Between Performance And Incompetence.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.