Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,294 members, 7,836,285 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:51 AM

Fuel Tanker Explodes On Ajaokuta Bridge - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Fuel Tanker Explodes On Ajaokuta Bridge (12130 Views)

Lilian Adun Dies As Kitchen Gas Explodes (Photos) / Tanker Explodes At A Petrol Station In Kano This Morning. Photos / Fuel Tanker Currently On Fire At Lekki Toll Gate... See Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fuel Tanker Explodes On Ajaokuta Bridge by AMISCOT(m): 9:45am On Oct 28, 2015
Re: Fuel Tanker Explodes On Ajaokuta Bridge by frisky2good(m): 10:02am On Oct 28, 2015
Not all over the federation.
sissylucy:
I thought tankers we're banned from driving during day time...
Re: Fuel Tanker Explodes On Ajaokuta Bridge by byna: 10:03am On Oct 28, 2015
frankwillzz:
God help us
You been
SCAMING US SINCE 19BC
Re: Fuel Tanker Explodes On Ajaokuta Bridge by CrazyMan(m): 10:14am On Oct 28, 2015
Themandator:

The story is not complete.... Locking the discharge valve is no rocket science... You can do it.... It is more like a tap. Just turn and go.... It is possible that due to use, it has wornoout like your normal tap malfunctions, too.

And very likely they were trying to fix it when the unfortunate happened
If the discharge valve was worn out like you stated, is it when the tanker is fully loaded with fuel and you've driven several kilometers that you'll begin to adjust and try to fix it?

Isn't that what they were supposed to do before loading the tanker with fuel?

Isn't that gross negligence on the part of the oil company as well as the driver who should have repaired or adjusted his discharge valve before loading his tanker with fuel?

I still go with the initial theory of the driver trying to sell off a part of the fuel hence the explosion...it makes more sense

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Tanker Explodes On Ajaokuta Bridge by Kchristy: 11:06am On Oct 28, 2015
2 years Dubai direct employment contract available now in Dubai. Security jobs, waiter, driver,welder, painter, tiles fixin etc and more. Call me; o8o6o5lll82
Re: Fuel Tanker Explodes On Ajaokuta Bridge by sagewonders(m): 11:32am On Oct 28, 2015
I saw that this morning
Re: Fuel Tanker Explodes On Ajaokuta Bridge by 400billionman: 12:49pm On Oct 28, 2015
Nobody is talking about the cause of the fire...

GREED...
Re: Fuel Tanker Explodes On Ajaokuta Bridge by 400billionman: 12:51pm On Oct 28, 2015
CrazyMan:
The rate at which most Nigerians place money higher than their lives and higher than the life of their fellow Nigerians is so annoying.

The driver according to the report was sent to deliver fuel, why tamper with it just to enrich your pocket? If he had driven straight to his destination and discharged the contents of his tanker there, this incident wouldn't have occurred, and he and would have still had his precious life.

May the souls of the departed rest in peace.

Thats the point...
Re: Fuel Tanker Explodes On Ajaokuta Bridge by emmaliver(m): 1:54pm On Oct 28, 2015
As at the time i was going back from Ayingba to lokoja yesterday afternoon it was still burning o. God saved me.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Are Your 2023 Resolutions? / gina34 - Happy Girl, Girl of the Moment / How Do You Deal With A Fake Girl?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.