Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,755 members, 7,820,623 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:25 PM

What Will The Ijaws Gain If They Join Biafra? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Will The Ijaws Gain If They Join Biafra? (2220 Views)

What Will Be The Faith Of BIAFRANS!!Will They Join Us In The Celebration... / Igbo Marginalization Will End When They Join Us – APC, chief ken-Nnamani / Southern Kaduna Will Join Biafra If Nigeria Breaks Up – John Danfulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Will The Ijaws Gain If They Join Biafra? by mrvitalis(m): 8:13am On Oct 28, 2015
... . It is so clear to even a child that the igbos want BIAFRA... . But the thing is this... BIAFRA is not an all igbo thing.... ..
. For me this was the reason we lost the war... The south south never knew there stand, so it was a case of the devil you know very the angel u don't know.
....if BIAFRA must work... We will have to prove to the south south that we won't be like Nigeria, cos the way KANU is running IPOB he cant get the ijaws nation to support him.
.. .. What can IPOB DO?
1) get the south south youths into ur ranks... .. . Imagine if kanu, tompolo aseri and mavin ubana were the leading heads for BIAFRA... then it will have meaning and people will take them serious.... ... but how will u attract them when u address ur people in mostly igbo?
2) move the capital to port Harcourt or uyo.. .. . This will give the south south a reason to feel among in this BIAFRA of a thing and will boost the chances of BIAFRA.
3) there should be 100% resource control. .. .. this is what Nigeria can't give the ijaws and if BIAFRA can give such then they might reconsider there stand
If IPOB can retrace there steps and improve on this angle... . Well I believe there is a great chance of BIAFRA... ..
Re: What Will The Ijaws Gain If They Join Biafra? by SUBMARINE: 8:22am On Oct 28, 2015
Op you are perfectly right on the issue of establishing the Biafran capital on the soil of a non-Igbo group

But

If only they agree.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Will The Ijaws Gain If They Join Biafra? by cocoduck: 8:44am On Oct 28, 2015
This is something we can discuss with dialogue. For me I am from anambara state, Biafra will have several capitals, like south Africa, where they will be situated is subject to dialogue. I believe that you listen to nnamdi without paying attention.It is a case of step by step, the interim president will be from the same place the last president of biafra was from. The capital city must be in the inner parts of the country so Enugu is already disqualified. We shouldn't jump the gun. All these will be discussed and thrashed out before we begin. Right now he is in detention. After his release he will meet everybody. What he is currently doing is raising awareness, which is the most difficult and important part of the struggle. You fear what does not exist.

2 Likes

Re: What Will The Ijaws Gain If They Join Biafra? by Nobody: 8:50am On Oct 28, 2015
Biafra is an Igbo struggle with age long history and agitation in eastern States, and even if you align with the oil rich people I doubt if they will share there oil resources with you.
They want full control of their resources and that is what Nigeria is not giving them probably because of the adverse effects it might have on some northern states. And if the union called Nigeria breaks up, they won't make that mistake again.
Re: What Will The Ijaws Gain If They Join Biafra? by zuchyblink(m): 8:59am On Oct 28, 2015
there will be 100 percent resource control in Biafra.the 5 SE states are rich in oil and gas and have so many untapped oil fields. Coal which supplies America 40 percent of their energy source and also have limestone and big markets for all goods. All i want is Biafra with or without SS

1 Like

Re: What Will The Ijaws Gain If They Join Biafra? by zuchyblink(m): 9:01am On Oct 28, 2015
Bubewilson:
Biafra is an Igbo struggle with age long history and agitation in eastern States, and even if you align with the oil rich people I doubt if they will share there oil resources with you.
They want full control of their resources and that is what Nigeria is not giving them probably because of the adverse effects it might have on some northern states. And if the union called Nigeria breaks up, they won't make that mistake again.
Biafra is not an igbo struggle

1 Like

Re: What Will The Ijaws Gain If They Join Biafra? by Nobody: 9:04am On Oct 28, 2015
[size=15pt]FREEDOM FREEDOM FREEDOM[/size]

It has been stated all over again and again even by NNAMDI KANU...Biafra is going to be like UAE, you control what ever you have as resources and take care of you ppl. No empire, no one man ruler and thats is the natural life of Igbos,

1 Like

Re: What Will The Ijaws Gain If They Join Biafra? by Nobody: 9:11am On Oct 28, 2015
zuchyblink:
Biafra is not an igbo struggle
really please educate me.
Re: What Will The Ijaws Gain If They Join Biafra? by nasoeb: 9:13am On Oct 28, 2015
zuchyblink:
there will be 100 percent resource control in Biafra.the 5 SE states are rich in oil and gas and have so many untapped oil fields. Coal which supplies America 40 percent of their energy source and also have limestone and big markets for all goods. All i want is Biafra with or without SS
5 eastern states are rich in oil and gas" chei dis people cant just live without lies, abi no be this same Nigeria we all dey

1 Like

Re: What Will The Ijaws Gain If They Join Biafra? by Nobody: 9:15am On Oct 28, 2015
Bubewilson:

If Igbos Via Ojukwu wanted to control the oil in Niger Delta, he would have agreed for RUSSIA to fight for Biafra during the Civil war and take oil for 10 yrs...if he and igbos were that power drunk he would have agrred, but he considered the welfare of the owners of the oil and said NO...and this what made Russia and France who were initially fighting for biafra to join their enemy USA to fight for Nigeria against Biafra.....stop misleading ppl, yes Igbos want full control of their own resources just like IJAWS, Kalabaris, Ogonis, Aniomas, urhobos, isokos, ....so we all have common aim.

2 Likes

Re: What Will The Ijaws Gain If They Join Biafra? by Nobody: 9:16am On Oct 28, 2015
nasoeb:
5 eastern states are rich in oil and gas" chei dis people cant just live without lies, abi no be this same Nigeria we all dey

Apart from ebonyi tell me which east state that do not have oil
Re: What Will The Ijaws Gain If They Join Biafra? by Chiaka(f): 9:17am On Oct 28, 2015
Will be the best Marriage ever...

1 Like

Re: What Will The Ijaws Gain If They Join Biafra? by SLIDEwaxie(m): 9:19am On Oct 28, 2015
kaycid77:

ure crazy. stay with ur first false sentence

1 Like

Re: What Will The Ijaws Gain If They Join Biafra? by kingzizzy: 9:20am On Oct 28, 2015
mrvitalis:
... . It is so clear to even a child that the igbos want BIAFRA... . But the thing is this... BIAFRA is not an all igbo thing.... ..
. For me this was the reason we lost the war... The south south never knew there stand, so it was a case of the devil you know very the angel u don't know.
....if BIAFRA must work... We will have to prove to the south south that we won't be like Nigeria, cos the way KANU is running IPOB he cant get the ijaws nation to support him.
.. .. What can IPOB DO?
1) get the south south youths into ur ranks... .. . Imagine if kanu, tompolo aseri and mavin ubana were the leading heads for BIAFRA... then it will have meaning and people will take them serious.... ... but how will u attract them when u address ur people in mostly igbo?
2) move the capital to port Harcourt or uyo.. .. . This will give the south south a reason to feel among in this BIAFRA of a thing and will boost the chances of BIAFRA.
3) there should be 100% resource control. .. .. this is what Nigeria can't give the ijaws and if BIAFRA can give such then they might reconsider there stand
If IPOB can retrace there steps and improve on this angle... . Well I believe there is a great chance of BIAFRA... ..

I don't think you know that resource control is one of the driving force of Biafra. I'm an Anambra man. My state is Oil producing and we have one of the biggest Gas deposits in the country. I want at least 50% of that. All the 25 provinces of Biafra will get at least 50% of whatever comes from their lands or waters.
Re: What Will The Ijaws Gain If They Join Biafra? by nasoeb: 9:23am On Oct 28, 2015
kaycid77:
[size=15pt]FREEDOM FREEDOM FREEDOM[/size]

It has been stated all over again and again even by NNAMDI KANU...Biafra is going to be like UAE, you control what ever you have as resources and take care of you ppl. No empire, no one man ruler and thats is the natural life of Igbos,
"NATURAL LIFE OF IGBOS" Hahaha in yorubas' voice yee.bos oooh very funny set of people, when it comes to lies, the limbic region of their brain becomes fatigue that some of them lie without traffic
Re: What Will The Ijaws Gain If They Join Biafra? by zuchyblink(m): 9:32am On Oct 28, 2015
nasoeb:
"NATURAL LIFE OF IGBOS" Hahaha in yorubas' voice yee.bos oooh very funny set of people, when it comes to lies, the limbic region of their brain becomes fatigue that some of them lie without traffic
Yorubass are the number one lairs in Nigeria.
Re: What Will The Ijaws Gain If They Join Biafra? by zuchyblink(m): 9:32am On Oct 28, 2015
kaycid77:

Ebonyi state has untapped oil fields
Re: What Will The Ijaws Gain If They Join Biafra? by CyberWolf: 9:38am On Oct 28, 2015
kaycid77:

For your information, there is crude oil in Afikpo. Just that we don't wanna make noise about for now..
Re: What Will The Ijaws Gain If They Join Biafra? by Yanks101: 9:41am On Oct 28, 2015
mrvitalis:
.. .. What can IPOB DO?
You are not serious.
The people you should be concerned about are the igbo areas. Leave out all these strange groups in your calculation unless you want to fail again.
Re: What Will The Ijaws Gain If They Join Biafra? by Nobody: 9:43am On Oct 28, 2015
kaycid77:

If Igbos Via Ojukwu wanted to control the oil in Niger Delta, he would have agreed for RUSSIA to fight for Biafra during the Civil war and take oil for 10 yrs...if he and igbos were that power drunk he would have agrred, but he considered the welfare of the owners of the oil and said NO...and this what made Russia and France who were initially fighting for biafra to join their enemy USA to fight for Nigeria against Biafra.....stop misleading ppl, yes Igbos want full control of their own resources just like IJAWS, Kalabaris, Ogonis, Aniomas, urhobos, isokos, ....so we all have common aim.
Thanks for the analysis. Pls I'm not misleading anybody. What gain will I derive from it. I only shared my own view of the matter.
Re: What Will The Ijaws Gain If They Join Biafra? by amakaobiemeka: 9:44am On Oct 28, 2015
why not leave ss alone. This are all dead antics to get a lady to bed. When ijaw or any niger delta state goes to u. Its back to statos quo, with a 99% ratio of igbo to the minority. Once it falls, all these land grabbing, dominating and we own it menatality that emanates frm the clowns online would kick in

1 Like

Re: What Will The Ijaws Gain If They Join Biafra? by mrvitalis(m): 9:52am On Oct 28, 2015
Yanks101:
You are not serious.
The people you should be concerned about are the igbo areas. Leave out all these strange groups in your calculation unless you want to fail again.
BIAFRA is not an igbo affairs and can never be
Re: What Will The Ijaws Gain If They Join Biafra? by mrvitalis(m): 9:53am On Oct 28, 2015
kingzizzy:

I don't think you know that resource control is one of the driving force of Biafra. I'm an Anambra man. My state is Oil producing and we have one of the biggest Gas deposits in the country. I want at least 50% of that. All the 25 provinces of Biafra will get at least 50% of whatever comes from their lands or waters.
100% resource control or nothing
Re: What Will The Ijaws Gain If They Join Biafra? by Yanks101: 9:57am On Oct 28, 2015
Re: What Will The Ijaws Gain If They Join Biafra? by 500GP: 9:58am On Oct 28, 2015
HAHAHA

1 Like

Re: What Will The Ijaws Gain If They Join Biafra? by wordcat(m): 10:01am On Oct 28, 2015
Nothing just nothing nothing nothing!

Since they are the most beneficially of the one Nigeria project.
Re: What Will The Ijaws Gain If They Join Biafra? by Nobody: 10:03am On Oct 28, 2015
What will ijaw gain in biafra??
Very lame if you don't know, do sit your damn ass down...
Re: What Will The Ijaws Gain If They Join Biafra? by Nobody: 10:18am On Oct 28, 2015
SLIDEwaxie:
ure crazy. stay with ur first false sentence

I was not the one who made the first statement...I am always straight forward in my statements
Re: What Will The Ijaws Gain If They Join Biafra? by PedroJP(m): 10:19am On Oct 28, 2015
Since Nigeria is not giving the oil and wealth owners what they want in Nigeria, now that they have an option dat can champion their cause, why don't they come out and call for a deliberation on what they want for their pple in a new country.

Igbos are already in charge of the agitation, are Igbos too going to go to them to ask them what they want ?

If truely, minority elders want d best for their region, they would have said ok, since this is a new stake where we can discuss and establish our interest, let us state what we want and get what we want.

Igbos are not begging anybody to help us get Biafra and so we won't come to knock at ur door to ask u wat u want in Biafra. Come out and state what u want.

1 Like

Re: What Will The Ijaws Gain If They Join Biafra? by mrvitalis(m): 10:26am On Oct 28, 2015
Yanks101:
You are wasting your time and predisposing yourself to backstabbers.
Igbos can't do it alone

1 Like

Re: What Will The Ijaws Gain If They Join Biafra? by Nobody: 10:29am On Oct 28, 2015
Ijaws will form their own nation. The Igbo will form theirs, while the Edos form their own republic. Everybody go answer him Papa name. This is is the only way to avert future wars.

1 Like

Re: What Will The Ijaws Gain If They Join Biafra? by supersolex(m): 10:31am On Oct 28, 2015
they will lose their lands and oil simple.

(1) (2) (Reply)

BREAKING NEWS!! Custom Boss Hameed Ali Retires 34 Customs Staff / Buhari ADC Caught Sleeping On Duty during AU meeting / Alleged Killings Of Fulani Herdsmen: Group Threatens To Drag IPOB To ICC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.