Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,508 members, 7,830,522 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:18 AM

Why Rivers Should Not Vote For Nyesom Wike In The Rerun - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Rivers Should Not Vote For Nyesom Wike In The Rerun (1001 Views)

Amaechi And Wike In Handshake During Peace Meeting On Rivers Rerun / End Of The Road For Nyesom Wike - By Abu Njakku (Daily Trust) / Why Rivers Should Return Nyesome Wike In The Governorship Rerun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Rivers Should Not Vote For Nyesom Wike In The Rerun by bestinnaija: 9:43am On Oct 28, 2015
WHY RIVERS PEOPLE SHOULD NOT VOTE FOR NYESOM WIKE IN THE RERUN

I’ve always watched from the sideline as a guest but I decided to register so that I can contribute and also enlighten fellow citizens on the current unbiased happenings in the society. I have curiously followed the political trend in Nigeria for a while and I thank God for a forum like this that has done well in adding to my knowledge.

During the 2015 general elections, I got lots of information from this site many of which are lies. I have come to understand that many people are gullible. They accept anything without even assimilating or verifying to ascertain the true nature of such info.

I found a thread on the front page that caught my attention ( https://www.nairaland.com/2692390/why-rivers-should-return-nyesome ) After going through it, I discovered it was full of lies and that the author just wanted to paint a good image of someone. I wrote this in order to prove him and his team wrong.

1.Riverine/Upland agreement has an effect on Nyesom Wike

Since 1999, the upland has occupied the number one seat in Rivers State (Dr Peter Odili 1999-2007, Rt Hon Chibuike Amaechi 2007-2015) and ideally it is time for a change. If you wailed when PMB appointed many northerners into his cabinet, if you have at one point wailed that the north are not born to rule the country, then you should also wail now that the upland has refused to let go of that position in Rivers State. Wike’s primary assignment as a minister was to serve the people of Nigeria through the Ministry of Education and not to fight a State Governor. Little wonder why the Education ministry suffered a lot during his time as minister.

2. Ikwerre’s do not deserve the position this time around

It is true that the spirit of Rivers State promotes unity and also gives everyone a sense of belonging but not to the detriment of others. The immediate past governor is from Ikwerre, it will only be fair if other regions produces the next governor. The Ikwerre people are supposed to produce the next senator since the other tribe (Okrika) has done two terms in the person of Senator George Sekibo. APC in Rivers state understands this stand hence they fielded an Ikwerre for senator and allowed another region/tribe to produce the Governor.

3. Like Abiye Sekibo, Like Nyesom Wike

Sekibo is from Okrika same as Patience Jonathan. Even barcanista claim he’s from Okrika. The people are very troublesome. Every Rivers and Non-Rivers knows the story and person of Abiye Sekibo. He masterminded the killing of many people during Peter Odili’s reign as governor. He believed power can be gotten through the use of force and intimidation same as Nyesom Wike. Wike used thugs during the last election to intimidate and force his way into that seat. He also masterminded several killings before, during and after the election. He worked with different cultists and promised them the house of assembly positions. Thank God the tribunal has sent them packing as well.

4. APC's Government in Rivers State was ruined by the then PDP led Federal Government

The government of Chibuike Amaechi was the best thing that happened to Rivers State since the inception of democracy since 1999. If you count the achievements of past leaders, CRA comes second just after Alfred Diete-Spiff. Of a truth CRA was focused and served the state with zest but not until the PDP led FG ceded Rivers oil wells to Bayelsa, Abia and Akwaibom (these are states that the FG controlled like puppets then). We were all aware that the wife of the former President abandoned her husband and her duties at home to fight the governor. Impunity was the order of the day. They grounded the state jet, ordered the Police Commissioner to trouble the governor (surprisingly the Mbu is now quiet). Etc.

Barcanista should stop lying here.

Lalasticlala or Seun, please move this to the front page so others will know the true stand of things in Rivers State.

3 Likes

Re: Why Rivers Should Not Vote For Nyesom Wike In The Rerun by Nobody: 9:44am On Oct 28, 2015
bestinnaija:
WHY RIVERS PEOPLE SHOULD NOT VOTE FOR NYESOM WIKE IN THE RERUN

I’ve always watched from the sideline as a guest but I decided to register so that I can contribute and also enlighten fellow citizens on the current unbiased happenings in the society. I have curiously followed the political trend in Nigeria for a while and I thank God for a forum like this that has done well in adding to my knowledge.

During the 2015 general elections, I got lots of information from this site many of which are lies. I have come to understand that many people are gullible. They accept anything without even assimilating or verifying to ascertain the true nature of such info.

I found a thread on the front page that caught my attention ( https://www.nairaland.com/2692390/why-rivers-should-return-nyesome ) After going through it, I discovered it was full of lies and that the author just wanted to paint a good image of someone. I wrote this in order to prove him and his team wrong.

1.Riverine/Upland agreement has an effect on Nyesom Wike

Since 1999, the upland has occupied the number one seat in Rivers State (Dr Peter Odili 1999-2007, Rt Hon Chibuike Amaechi 2007-2015) and ideally it is time for a change. If you wailed when PMB appointed many northerners into his cabinet, if you have at one point wailed that the north are not born to rule the country, then you should also wail now that the upland has refused to let go of that position in Rivers State. Wike’s primary assignment as a minister was to serve the people of Nigeria through the Ministry of Education and not to fight a State Governor. Little wonder why the Education ministry suffered a lot during his time as minister.

2. Ikwerre’s do not deserve the position this time around

It is true that the spirit of Rivers State promotes unity and also gives everyone a sense of belonging but not to the detriment of others. The immediate past governor is from Ikwerre, it will only be fair if other regions produces the next governor. The Ikwerre people are supposed to produce the next senator since the other tribe (Okrika) has done two terms in the person of Senator George Sekibo. APC in Rivers state understands this stand hence they fielded an Ikwerre for senator and allowed another region/tribe to produce the Governor.

3. Like Abiye Sekibo, Like Nyesom Wike

Sekibo is from Okrika same as Patience Jonathan. Even barcanista claim he’s from Okrika. The people are very troublesome. Every Rivers and Non-Rivers knows the story and person of Abiye Sekibo. He masterminded the killing of many people during Peter Odili’s reign as governor. He believed power can be gotten through the use of force and intimidation same as Nyesom Wike. Wike used thugs during the last election to intimidate and force his way into that seat. He also masterminded several killings before, during and after the election. He worked with different cultists and promised them the house of assembly positions. Thank God the tribunal has sent them packing as well.

4. APC's Government in Rivers State was ruined by the then PDP led Federal Government

The government of Chibuike Amaechi was the best thing that happened to Rivers State since the inception of democracy since 1999. If you count the achievements of past leaders, CRA comes second just after Alfred Diete-Spiff. Of a truth CRA was focused and served the state with zest but not until the PDP led FG ceded Rivers oil wells to Bayelsa, Abia and Akwaibom (these are states that the FG controlled like puppets then). We were all aware that the wife of the former President abandoned her husband and her duties at home to fight the governor. Impunity was the order of the day. They grounded the state jet, ordered the Police Commissioner to trouble the governor (surprisingly the Mbu is now quiet). Etc.

Barcanista should stop lying here.

Lalasticlala or Seun, please move this to the front page so others will know the true stand of things in Rivers State.
^And just who are you to instruct millions of people in Rivers state on how to vote?

1 Like

Re: Why Rivers Should Not Vote For Nyesom Wike In The Rerun by OZAOEKPE(f): 9:46am On Oct 28, 2015
Yoruba and fulani should stop posting thrash, before you post any thread on rivers, let's see your pvc first.

1 Like

Re: Why Rivers Should Not Vote For Nyesom Wike In The Rerun by Lattop(m): 9:48am On Oct 28, 2015
Vote Peterside
Vote APC
Re: Why Rivers Should Not Vote For Nyesom Wike In The Rerun by bestinnaija: 9:49am On Oct 28, 2015
imhotep:

^And just who are you to instruct millions of people in Rivers state on how to vote?

Hello, are u pained that I wrote the truth?
Re: Why Rivers Should Not Vote For Nyesom Wike In The Rerun by bestinnaija: 9:52am On Oct 28, 2015
OZAOEKPE:
Yoruba and fulani should stop posting thrash, before you post any thread on rivers, let's see your pvc first.

I am not a Yoruba or Fulani person. I was born & bred in Rivers State. So it is either you challenge my points constructively or you swerve
Re: Why Rivers Should Not Vote For Nyesom Wike In The Rerun by Nobody: 9:52am On Oct 28, 2015
bestinnaija:

Hello, are u pained that I wrote the truth?
Truth is a point of view.

1 Like

Re: Why Rivers Should Not Vote For Nyesom Wike In The Rerun by OZAOEKPE(f): 9:53am On Oct 28, 2015
bestinnaija:

I am not a Yoruba or Fulani person. I was born & bred in Rivers State. So it is either you challenge my points constructively or you swerve
Pictures of your birth certificate and statement of origin or we don't believe you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Rivers Should Not Vote For Nyesom Wike In The Rerun by WHOcarex: 9:58am On Oct 28, 2015
Nice one Op
Re: Why Rivers Should Not Vote For Nyesom Wike In The Rerun by ricsman(m): 9:59am On Oct 28, 2015
really
Re: Why Rivers Should Not Vote For Nyesom Wike In The Rerun by OZAOEKPE(f): 10:00am On Oct 28, 2015
APC's Government in Rivers State was ruined
by the then PDP led Federal Government
The government of Chibuike Amaechi was the
best thing that happened to Rivers State since
the inception of democracy since 1999. If you
count the achievements of past leaders, CRA
comes second just after Alfred Diete-Spiff. Of a
truth CRA was focused and served the state
with zest but not until the PDP led FG ceded
Rivers oil wells to Bayelsa, Abia and Akwaibom
(these are states that the FG controlled like
puppets then). We were all aware that the wife
of the former President abandoned her husband
and her duties at home to fight the governor.
Impunity was the order of the day. They
grounded the state jet, ordered the Police
Commissioner to trouble the governor
(surprisingly the Mbu is now quiet). Etc

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
You must be an idiat, when did ameachi join apc that you saying the pdp led government destroyed his apc led government. You just wan write nonsense, omoale.
Re: Why Rivers Should Not Vote For Nyesom Wike In The Rerun by ricsman(m): 10:02am On Oct 28, 2015
OZAOEKPE:
I hate when they just seat and say what they don't know about. how can Wike not be voted for?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Rivers Should Not Vote For Nyesom Wike In The Rerun by mmafhew(m): 10:03am On Oct 28, 2015
imhotep:

i wonder ooo

1 Like

Re: Why Rivers Should Not Vote For Nyesom Wike In The Rerun by Dannyset(m): 10:06am On Oct 28, 2015
The uppercut that Wike will receive after the rerun ehn!
Re: Why Rivers Should Not Vote For Nyesom Wike In The Rerun by OZAOEKPE(f): 10:06am On Oct 28, 2015
ricsman:

I hate when they just seat and say what they don't know about. how can Wike not be voted for?
You they answer them, you sit down in lagos, sokoto like Michealsokoto, osun like aminat508, taraba like midolian, ibadan like Rilwayne001(gay-briel) and predict what's going to happen in faraway rivers, I tire for them oooooo.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Rivers Should Not Vote For Nyesom Wike In The Rerun by OZAOEKPE(f): 10:08am On Oct 28, 2015
Dannyset:
The uppercut that Wike will receive after the rerun ehn!
Mu mu, is not that you voting, just sit down in lagos and type nonsense about a state you might never visit in your lifetime

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Rivers Should Not Vote For Nyesom Wike In The Rerun by Aminat508(f): 10:10am On Oct 28, 2015
OZAOEKPE:

You they answer them, you sit down in lagos, sokoto like Michealsokoto, osun like aminat508, taraba like midolian, ibadan like Rilwayne001(gay-briel) and predict what's going to happen in faraway rivers, I tire for them oooooo.
cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Rivers Should Not Vote For Nyesom Wike In The Rerun by Chiaka(f): 10:10am On Oct 28, 2015
Stop putting ethnic sentiment here. In Rivers state we don't. We see ourselves as Rivers people collectively. Irrespective of the language spoken....same people. We know who we want.. Wike all the way. He is a true Rivers Son.
Re: Why Rivers Should Not Vote For Nyesom Wike In The Rerun by Dannyset(m): 10:13am On Oct 28, 2015
OZAOEKPE:

Mu mu, is not that you voting, just sit down in lagos and type nonsense about a state you might never visit in your lifetime
Hahahahaha! You like to dey insult people sha! grin
As per visiting PH, wait make we APC collect there for this rerun first. I go come for vacation there cos my friends plenty there. Maybe ur even one of them sef grin
Re: Why Rivers Should Not Vote For Nyesom Wike In The Rerun by bestinnaija: 10:19am On Oct 28, 2015
cc: gbawe, omenka, beremx, deapexboy, NgeneUkwenu
Re: Why Rivers Should Not Vote For Nyesom Wike In The Rerun by naijapips02: 10:22am On Oct 28, 2015
Chiaka:
Stop putting ethnic sentiment here. In Rivers state we don't. We see ourselves as Rivers people collectively. Irrespective of the language spoken....same people. We know who we want.. Wike all the way. He is a true Rivers Son.

Hypocrisy is when you see all Rivers as one but you do not see all nigerians as one.

lalasticlala come let's give this new comer a befitting welcome.

1 Like

Re: Why Rivers Should Not Vote For Nyesom Wike In The Rerun by bestinnaija: 10:25am On Oct 28, 2015
OZAOEKPE:

100% RIVERS. Born & bred. I'm yet to see you counter any point reasonably

2 Likes

Re: Why Rivers Should Not Vote For Nyesom Wike In The Rerun by supersolex(m): 10:30am On Oct 28, 2015
something wey wike don win already, though Nigerian election is not predictable.
Re: Why Rivers Should Not Vote For Nyesom Wike In The Rerun by bestinnaija: 10:30am On Oct 28, 2015
naijapips02:

Hypocrisy is when you see all Rivers as one but you do not see all nigerians as one.

lalasticlala come let's give this new comer a befitting welcome.

Don't mind them. Sentimental people
*lol* @ new comer. I've been observing since as a guest. I felt the need to enlighten people

(1) (Reply)

Breaking Story: ‘nigerians Can No Longer Be Deported From Uk’- Chair, The Cw / Reverend Father Mbaka Speaks Out On Biafra Issues - See Video / Full Text Of Governor Wike's Media Aide's Resignation Letter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.