Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,158 members, 7,818,513 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:40 PM

6 Reasons Why Publishing Your School Project Work Online Will Boost Your CV . - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 6 Reasons Why Publishing Your School Project Work Online Will Boost Your CV . (1265 Views)

This Is Urgent, Send Your CV IF Qualified / 6 Reasons Why You’re Not Getting Called Back After Job Interviews / 5 Things You Absolutely Must Include On Your CV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 Reasons Why Publishing Your School Project Work Online Will Boost Your CV . by databoy247(m): 10:36am On Oct 28, 2015
Do you know you stand a better chance with recruiters when you have a citation on your CV that you have a research work published in an international journal?

Some few reasons why you need to get your research work published;

-Recruiters will be able to view your research work and come to terms that you can handle data collation and ordering.

-You do not need to explain if you are good in feasibility study or survey. It cam be seen in your published research work.

-If given a task to conduct a research in an emerging market, you will deliver and prospective employers do not need a soothsayer to tell him/her you are good in this. Of course, you have just published your research work.

-Other researchers conducting a form of study from different countries will give a citation and reference your work if used. This goes a long way in giving you some authority online. When you name is Googled, these citations and references leads back to you. And trust me, every employer will be happy to get an intellectual on board.

-If you dont have that required working experience, you have a verifiable intellectual competence which can be a valuable addition to any work team.

-When you tell employers; "I am a graduate of Microbiology", it is not just stated in your CV, but there is an actual link to a project research work you have done published online. This is one of the quickest ways of vetting your qualification claims. There are so many graduates out there who cannot defend their qualifications. Be different!

So, what did you study in school? What was your project research work title? Let it pave the way for you by getting it published online. It is your work and it should be a point of reference for researchers globally not sitting in a dusty shelf.

Do you have a soft copy of your project research work (which you did in school)? We can help get it published online and boost your CV.

The following courses are welcome;

business management
business studies
marketing
conflict resolution
biology
Chemistry
Engineering
microbiology
agricultural research and development
environmental sciences
psychology
genetics
political science/international relation
linguistics
Art and History
mass communications
economics
Liberal arts
tourism and hospitality management

You project research work can be published in a newly launched online journal (International publications in management, sciences and humanities research). If you are interested, send an email to admin@imashjournals.org and someone will give you some guidelines and how it is done.

Don't worry, it is free.
Re: 6 Reasons Why Publishing Your School Project Work Online Will Boost Your CV . by Dahveydson(m): 10:46am On Oct 28, 2015
Instead of OP to just say he's looking for project works to put on his blog and probably sell, he wants to make use of the gullibility of Job seekers.

Nice Try.
Re: 6 Reasons Why Publishing Your School Project Work Online Will Boost Your CV . by Mogenerous(f): 11:07am On Oct 28, 2015
Dahveydson:
Instead of OP to just say he's looking for project works to put on his blog and probably sell, he wants to make use of the gullibility of Job seekers.

Nice Try.

Just my thoughts
Re: 6 Reasons Why Publishing Your School Project Work Online Will Boost Your CV . by databoy247(m): 1:41pm On Oct 28, 2015
Dahveydson:
Instead of OP to just say he's looking for project works to put on his blog and probably sell, he wants to make use of the gullibility of Job seekers. Nice Try.
Please what do you mean by gullibility of job seekers?

If you know me well, you will understand that I am not a "blog" person. And am truly amazed to notice that you don't know what a journal publication is. I guess you are unemployed because I don't think employers will be interested in what you just displayed. Do a Google search and try to understand what I actually talked about.

If as a graduate you do not know what an academic journal publication is, then we have a long way to go in this country. If I were you, I'll just ask questions instead if I don't know. Do you think everything is about blogs??

Those who have indicated their interest, you will be contacted soon. Cheers.

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons Why Publishing Your School Project Work Online Will Boost Your CV . by simiolu1(m): 1:46pm On Oct 28, 2015
Re: 6 Reasons Why Publishing Your School Project Work Online Will Boost Your CV . by Dahveydson(m): 2:01pm On Oct 28, 2015
databoy247:

Please what do you mean by gullibility of job seekers?

If you know me well, you will understand that I am not a "blog" person. And am truly amazed to notice that you don't know what a journal publication is. I guess you are unemployed because I don't think employers will be interested in what you just displayed. Do a Google search and try to understand what I actually talked about.

If as a graduate you do not know what an academic journal publication is, then we have a long way to go in this country. If I were you, I'll just ask questions instead if I don't know. Do you think everything is about blogs??

Those who have indicated their interest, you will be contacted soon. Cheers.

Who wouldn't know what an academic journal publication is. This quest is primarily for your gain whether you choose to admit or not. I have seen initiatives like this, request for works of others and turn around to sell it for a fee without the knowledge of the author.

LOL @ I don't know you. Sorry, I don't need to.
Re: 6 Reasons Why Publishing Your School Project Work Online Will Boost Your CV . by kinibigdeal(m): 2:20pm On Oct 28, 2015
simiolu1:
What of those who have already published? How do I incorporate it into my CV? Link to the paper is

http://www.ijser.org/onlineResearchPaperViewer.aspx?On-the-study-of-optical-and-structural-properties-of-zinc-oxide-thin-films-by-sol-gel-dip-coating-technique.pdf

State it as reference on your CV including your paper's DOI(if any)
Re: 6 Reasons Why Publishing Your School Project Work Online Will Boost Your CV . by kinibigdeal(m): 2:26pm On Oct 28, 2015
I will advice anyone to avoid all this predatory publishers. If you want to publish your work, go online and search for international recognized open access journal publisher and check their address, if under license of creative common attribution act, check the editor in chief(Must be a professor minimum) and search for is profile on linkedin or the school he represent) and finally check for their impact factor.
Re: 6 Reasons Why Publishing Your School Project Work Online Will Boost Your CV . by databoy247(m): 2:55pm On Oct 28, 2015
Dahveydson:

Who wouldn't know what an academic journal publication is. This quest is primarily for your gain whether you choose to admit or not. I have seen initiatives like this, request for works of others and turn around to sell it for a fee without the knowledge of the author.

LOL @ I don't know you. Sorry, I don't need to.

Am sorry for the misunderstanding. Our Journal is new and we operate under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License. We operate an Open Access model which means no publication is to be sold neither do people pay any form of subscription access the publications. If we sell your work for monetary gains, you have the right to sue us and worse, we will be sanctioned. So in case you are wondering, we are not interested in selling your works. Perosnally I don't edit or review works, that is the reason there is what we call peer review.

Though we are on the verge of affiliating with one or two professors here in Nigeria, we have some good academicians in various field already affiliated with us. We are also working on affiliations with other international publishers network.

Publishing your work in other international journals can cost you up to USD700 (over N140,000) called a manuscript handling fee, especially publications in medical research and clinical trials. Because we are new, we are not charging anything from you guys. So instead of derailing and looking for reasons why nothing good can come out of Nigeria, try to embrace this endeavour and get your work published.

Personally, I have been involved in two online projects which are currently successful (www.officemanager.com.ng and www.procvnigeria.com) . This is my third and by the Grace of God, it will be successful.

Someone has to prove to the world that good things can also come out of Nigeria. Cheers.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Very / In Need Of A Job, Help!!! / Kantar Nigeria Ongoing Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.