Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,168 members, 7,849,610 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 05:51 AM

Try Ftp Server..The Fastest Way To Transfer Files From An Android To Blackberry - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Try Ftp Server..The Fastest Way To Transfer Files From An Android To Blackberry (737 Views)

Its Bye Bye To Blackberry OS - Say Hello To Blackberry 2nd Android Phone / 6 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Update Your Android To Marshmallow 6.0 For Now / I Switched From Android To Iphone For Two Months. Here's What I Learned (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Try Ftp Server..The Fastest Way To Transfer Files From An Android To Blackberry by drayy: 12:15pm On Oct 28, 2015
Most BB10 users face the problem of not being able to receive files swiftly from an android device, despite they being able to install file sharing apps like flashshare, xender or zapya, the only option BB10 users have is through bluetooth or NFC which is way more slow.

Ftp Server is an application that lets Android users share files from its host to another host over a TCP-based network, With Ftp Server you can transfer large files to your BB10 devices over wifi, and it being the fastest way to transfer files, most blackberry users still haven't known about this.
When you download the app on the Android device, open it and you'll see a red power button, go to settings first, you'll see the icon at the top right corner of the app, set it this way;
»Network Interface=> Mobile Network.
»Home directory=> Set it to a folder you wish to copy the files from.
»Now go back, and start the application.

»On your blackberry device.
»Go to your blackberry browser app, and input the address given. (ftp://whatever address the app shows)
»Navigate to the folder you chose as your home directory, once located you can now download your file swiftly...
Note: If you input address, and it opens a blank page, reload it...

Source: http://techgeekng..com.ng/2015/10/have-you-tried-ftp-server-fastest-way.html?m=1

Re: Try Ftp Server..The Fastest Way To Transfer Files From An Android To Blackberry by mrbigseun(m): 12:42pm On Oct 28, 2015
Seems some steps are missing , how do the Blackberry connects to the Android, i guess Wifi Hotspot is needed?
because i believe that there should be a set up connection for the FTP android and the BB10 device.

1 Like

Re: Try Ftp Server..The Fastest Way To Transfer Files From An Android To Blackberry by drayy: 2:56pm On Oct 28, 2015
mrbigseun:
Seems some steps are missing , how do the Blackberry connects to the Android, i guess Wifi Hotspot is needed?
because i believe that there should be a set up connection for the FTP android and the BB10 device.
Oh yeah, switch on the wifi hotspot from the Android device

(1) (Reply)

Tecno R7 @ #21800 / Xiaomi Mi Pad 2 Officially Announced:available In Android And Windows 10 / Pipo T3 Tablet Users Help Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.