Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,773 members, 7,809,981 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:13 PM

RVSG Wanted To Force Ijaw Language On An Igbo Town Opobo But They Rejected It - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / RVSG Wanted To Force Ijaw Language On An Igbo Town Opobo But They Rejected It (8912 Views)

Just Imagine If GEJ Addressed The Nation In Ijaw Language / "INEC Officials Caught In Opobo Writing Results For APC"- UnitedRiversReporters / Igbo: A Recognized Ethnic Group In Rivers State, Says RVSG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: RVSG Wanted To Force Ijaw Language On An Igbo Town Opobo But They Rejected It by Maxi112: 10:36am On Nov 02, 2015
glacswhite:

Then get ready to pack ur properties and enter Cameroon or Yoruba when Biafra comes

You will be screaming ''I AM NWAFO IGBO'' just to keep your place because PH is IGBO Land... According to the last research by Ikwerre and Massob Leader in UK
no wahala we dey wait for una... But remember some of una abandon property, onye Arah
Re: RVSG Wanted To Force Ijaw Language On An Igbo Town Opobo But They Rejected It by cheruv: 11:05am On Nov 02, 2015
Maxi112:
agree to be Opobo man..
That's even the best in my view. As long as your allegiance as a son of opobo is to the house of Jaja,we don't ve problems with it.
For Biafra, the descendant of Jaja sitting on his throne is Biafra's admiral of the seas smiley

1 Like

Re: RVSG Wanted To Force Ijaw Language On An Igbo Town Opobo But They Rejected It by cheruv: 12:04pm On Nov 02, 2015
NAIJASOM:

Opobo people have never ever denied their igbo root. They actively do everything to attach to rest of Igbos. They attend every major ohaneze meetings and don't have "AWA OYEL MENTALITY". if Igbos leave theis cesspit, I have no single doubt that they will join 100%. A massive sea-port will be built in opobo for big ships with a corresponding river port in ogbaku for smaller vessels
Exactly! smiley
I've always known that opobo would be our seaboard... And to make it watertight, 10% of all revenues coming from opobo would be paid to the King of Opobo.
In that way,the Igwenga coastline would be secure and the population would be ethnically and culturally Igbo.
So even if the Ogoni fail to join us,Igwenga(Opobo and Andoni) would be our own Kaliningrad oblast! smiley

1 Like

Re: RVSG Wanted To Force Ijaw Language On An Igbo Town Opobo But They Rejected It by EternalTruths: 7:06pm On Nov 02, 2015
Maxi112:
bro! We hv been told so many things abt the igbo... If u where on our shoe u will do same

What did they say about Igbos that made you guys reject the people God made you people to be

1 Like

Re: RVSG Wanted To Force Ijaw Language On An Igbo Town Opobo But They Rejected It by Victorlove1986: 7:33am On Jan 04, 2016
Guy this sucide,for denying ur ancestors! Just like ur parent to u ur own blood is a bastard! Opobo u remain igbo in hand of every river state man! That ikwerre they wnt vote for dakuku is an igbo man,and we igbos say we will vote 4 our bro dakuku,

1 Like

Re: RVSG Wanted To Force Ijaw Language On An Igbo Town Opobo But They Rejected It by Nobody: 5:18pm On Sep 30, 2016
These Egbo writers are masters of lies and deceit, have you ever seen an Opobo man bearing a surname that is not Ijaw, did the Rsg force the name Opubo ama on them
Did the rsg force them to name their children Ijaw names also
Did the rivers state government force their king to be an Amanyanabo
Re: RVSG Wanted To Force Ijaw Language On An Igbo Town Opobo But They Rejected It by SlayerForever: 11:02pm On Nov 26, 2021
How time flies. When this thread was made Igbo nationalism was at a much lower ebb. The op really tried.

1 Like

Re: RVSG Wanted To Force Ijaw Language On An Igbo Town Opobo But They Rejected It by AfonjaFula: 11:25pm On Nov 26, 2021
Maxi112:
I can speak and write igbo langauge very well even more than some of my friend from d east, I rather be called an Igbo man than ijew man cause of the language we shear together with d ibos

Close to the town Opobo in Aba, lived this guy Godliness whwho's Opobo, from the riverine. We lived all this year's speaking same Language. Funny it became now all this started to become a thing of highlight to me -then, all we know na say Goddy na Igbo
Re: RVSG Wanted To Force Ijaw Language On An Igbo Town Opobo But They Rejected It by AfonjaFula: 11:31pm On Nov 26, 2021
Deltagiant:
One thing that is constant with the agitation of Ndigbo is the lingual and cultural affinity with any community they say it's part of them. I have never seen them go into another language group in Nigera and assert their cultural affinity, even on their closest allies the Ibibios.

Here is a video of KCPP Foundation of Britain on their charity tour of Opobo and its remote areas.

Listen to the language this old illiterate Opoboan is speaking.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hO3xLlXf-8M
[img]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hO3xLlXf-8M[/img]

This is a mixture of Aro and Ngwa dialect
Re: RVSG Wanted To Force Ijaw Language On An Igbo Town Opobo But They Rejected It by christistruth01: 11:33pm On Nov 26, 2021
Another desperate Land Grab by IPOB

Thank God they have given up on Claiming Lagos
Re: RVSG Wanted To Force Ijaw Language On An Igbo Town Opobo But They Rejected It by paramakina202: 12:02am On Nov 27, 2021
AfonjaFula:

This is a mixture of Aro and Ngwa dialect

Exactly they speak clear southern Igbo dialect but the funny thing is if these people from Igbo part of Rivers state see you they will never speak Igbo to you they will even pretend not to understand Igbo at all.

1 Like

Re: RVSG Wanted To Force Ijaw Language On An Igbo Town Opobo But They Rejected It by Idiko1: 12:23am On Nov 27, 2021
Maxi112:
I am from opobo nkuru queens town... We speak d same language with some igbo speaking state from SE, mind u all that igbo language is not d same, eboyi state and Enugu state speaks diff type of igbo.. Opobo is ibo but dey will never agry to be Igbo.. Even me,

An aptly representation of Efulefu!!!!!
Re: RVSG Wanted To Force Ijaw Language On An Igbo Town Opobo But They Rejected It by Idiko1: 12:31am On Nov 27, 2021
Maxi112:
gozie qua gi

Gozie kwa gi !!! Do not be among the people who will loose their sorry lives if written Igbo is the proof of Igbo.
Re: RVSG Wanted To Force Ijaw Language On An Igbo Town Opobo But They Rejected It by Efulefu(f): 1:00am On Nov 27, 2021
Idiko1:

An aptly representation of Efulefu!!!!!

Why. Mention me no more
Re: RVSG Wanted To Force Ijaw Language On An Igbo Town Opobo But They Rejected It by Nobody: 1:32am On Nov 27, 2021
Obiagu1:
In August 2014, at the Elekahia Stadium, Port Harcourt, Hon. Dakuku peterside representing Opobo told the “unification” gathering of Ohaneze Ndigbo that “I’m a full blooded Igboman….My town, Opobo, was founded by an Igbo, the mighty King Jaja...

Lol Jaja was an igbo slave that hated Igbos. He went as far as blocking igbo people from trading in Bonny when he gained his freedom and became the leader of the Anna Pepple House, it got so bad, with the help of white people he got driven out of Bonny to go find his own kingdom which became opobo. Even then he got sold back into slavery, he died a slave. Pretty much the story of igbo people.
Re: RVSG Wanted To Force Ijaw Language On An Igbo Town Opobo But They Rejected It by PROUDIGBO(m): 2:12am On Nov 27, 2021
gboso1ne:
Ijaws are known everywhere to be land grabbers all over the world. Same thing happened in Ilaje, Ondo state some years ago. They have this stupid belief that every riverine area belongs to them, maybe they should go and claim the atlantic ocean too.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

OPC May Join Partisan Politics Soon, Says Gani Adams / Exposed: See The Dss Operative Who Tried To Kill Sowore In The Court Room / He Incited People To Loot, Now He's Being Looted. Laws Of Karma. Tweets.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.