Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,341 members, 7,811,989 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:07 AM

Beyond Muscles & Brawn - Nigerian Nfl Players Give Back - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Beyond Muscles & Brawn - Nigerian Nfl Players Give Back (14413 Views)

Nigerian NFL Star Osi Umenyiora Weds Miss Universe 2011 - Lelie Lopes / Pics: Nigerian NFL Star,osi Umenyiora Engaged To Ex-miss Universe / Kerry Washington Marries Nigerian NFL Football Player Nnamdi Asomugha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beyond Muscles & Brawn - Nigerian Nfl Players Give Back by spikedcylinder: 12:39pm On May 07, 2009
It’s impressive when our young people abroad decide to go back to Nigeria and give their time to create change, implement a groundbreaking community service initiative and not just to make money. I have been extremely proud of the high numbers of Nigerians abroad who have decided to enroll in NYSC this year even though this could have been spurred by the recession.
Last month, the Athletes in the Diaspora: Community Interventions (ADCI) had 5 U.S based athletes of Nigerian descents on an 8-day community outreach trip which included an American football camp and a soccer program for about 200 kids. The athletes were joined by Nigerian entertainment superstars including Sauce Kid and Ikechukwu. The athletes gave out over $20,000 in scholarships and were presented with an award by Atlantic Hall as part of the school’s 20th anniversary. A-Hall alum, Naeto C was also recognized. Invictus 91, the group who founded ADCI is considering launching an Academy of Learning and Sports.

http://www.bellanaija.com/2009/04/24/beyond-muscles-brawn-nigerian-nfl-players-give-back/
Re: Beyond Muscles & Brawn - Nigerian Nfl Players Give Back by spikedcylinder: 12:40pm On May 07, 2009
About the Athletes

Ositadinma “Osi” Umeniyora was born in Golders Green, London before his family moved to Nigeria. The New York Giant played football in high school in Auburn, Alabama. Osi is curently dating Victoria Secret model, Selita Ebanks.

Re: Beyond Muscles & Brawn - Nigerian Nfl Players Give Back by spikedcylinder: 12:41pm On May 07, 2009
Amobi Okoye was the youngest player in the NCAA when at age 15 he chose the University of Louisville over Harvard. Okoye currently plays for the Houston Texans.

1 Like

Re: Beyond Muscles & Brawn - Nigerian Nfl Players Give Back by spikedcylinder: 12:42pm On May 07, 2009
Nnamdi Asomugha is a cornerback for the Oakland Raiders. Named the team’s Most Valuable Player in 2006, Nnamdi is the highest paid defensive back in NFL history.

Re: Beyond Muscles & Brawn - Nigerian Nfl Players Give Back by spikedcylinder: 12:43pm On May 07, 2009
Chinedum “Nedu” Ndukwe grew up in Dublin, Ohio before he left to play for the University of Notre Dame. Currently a safety for the Cincinnati Bengals, his older brother also plays for the Miami Dolphins.

1 Like

Re: Beyond Muscles & Brawn - Nigerian Nfl Players Give Back by spikedcylinder: 12:44pm On May 07, 2009
Xavier Oyekola Adibi is a linebacker for the Houston Texans. Also from a family of athletes, Xavier’s dad Abiodun Adibi was a college soccer player at Oklahoma State.

1 Like

Re: Beyond Muscles & Brawn - Nigerian Nfl Players Give Back by spikedcylinder: 12:45pm On May 07, 2009
Tommie Harris was born in Texas and played college football at Oklahoma, Tommie now plays for the Chicago Bears as one of the richest defensive tackles in the NFL.

Re: Beyond Muscles & Brawn - Nigerian Nfl Players Give Back by SeanT21(f): 4:34am On May 08, 2009
These people get paid millions of dollars and all they could give was $20,000. embarassed
Re: Beyond Muscles & Brawn - Nigerian Nfl Players Give Back by showbobo(m): 9:52am On May 08, 2009
SeanT21:

These people get paid millions of dollars and all they could give was $20,000. embarassed
SeanT21:

Guess its the credit crunch gripping on their pockets lipsrsealed undecided
Re: Beyond Muscles & Brawn - Nigerian Nfl Players Give Back by nene1: 3:03am On May 09, 2009
It's nice to see that they have not forgotten their roots. However, of the ones who are married or in a relationship, are any of them with a nigerian woman or any african woman for that matter? I know Osi Umenyiora is with an akata. Just hope he doesn't marry her. I know someone is going to come on here and say why does the race/nationality of the one he is matter and that love sees no color and other b.s. like that. But let's be honest and realistic, you know with the success these brother have it is very unlikely they will marry any african woman. It will most likely be a blonde or akata.
Re: Beyond Muscles & Brawn - Nigerian Nfl Players Give Back by Sissy3(f): 7:24am On May 09, 2009
SeanT21:

at least they are giving something, cheesy rather than be self centered with their millions
Re: Beyond Muscles & Brawn - Nigerian Nfl Players Give Back by ifyalways(f): 6:01pm On May 09, 2009
Nnamdi is cute cheesy
Dem try,at all at all na him bad pass tongue
Re: Beyond Muscles & Brawn - Nigerian Nfl Players Give Back by SeanT21(f): 11:19pm On May 09, 2009
Ositadinma “Osi” Umeniyora is CUTEEE!!

I did not even notice him!!
Re: Beyond Muscles & Brawn - Nigerian Nfl Players Give Back by chiogo(f): 11:22pm On May 09, 2009
I only know Osi from the list but what they're doing is good.

I was gonna say they're kinda stingy but I realized they're not NBA stars who make $20 million - the big-timers. NFL players make 10 at most, some 5, that's still a lot of money but they tried. I'm sure they have families to take care of.
Re: Beyond Muscles & Brawn - Nigerian Nfl Players Give Back by SeanT21(f): 11:29pm On May 09, 2009
Actually cross that. I just saw some pics of him on google and he lost his appeal to me. embarassed
Re: Beyond Muscles & Brawn - Nigerian Nfl Players Give Back by StrStruck(f): 11:54pm On May 09, 2009
The first 3 are freaking cute! Don't leave me alone in a room with ANY of them.
Re: Beyond Muscles & Brawn - Nigerian Nfl Players Give Back by spikedcylinder: 8:20am On May 10, 2009
SeanT21:

Its their money, they can give whatever proportion of it they deem fit. They can even decide not to give at all, they've earned it.
Re: Beyond Muscles & Brawn - Nigerian Nfl Players Give Back by showbobo(m): 8:47am On May 10, 2009
spikedcylinder:

Its their money, they can give whatever proportion of it they deem fit. They can even decide not to give at all, they've earned it.
If thats your take then maybe they shouldnt give out at all then angry angry angry
Re: Beyond Muscles & Brawn - Nigerian Nfl Players Give Back by spikedcylinder: 10:38am On May 10, 2009
Its my take but its not my money. I hope you see a difference?
Re: Beyond Muscles & Brawn - Nigerian Nfl Players Give Back by nene1: 8:09pm On May 10, 2009
i can see you girls and i have the same taste. the first three are freakin cute. osi, amobi, and nnamdi. they are my 3 main crushes lol, especially nnamdi asomugha omg.
Re: Beyond Muscles & Brawn - Nigerian Nfl Players Give Back by SeanT21(f): 2:47am On May 11, 2009
spikedcylinder:

POINT TAKEN but it is still selfish indeed!!
Re: Beyond Muscles & Brawn - Nigerian Nfl Players Give Back by mohawkchic(f): 3:46am On May 11, 2009
~Its good to give back regardless of how little or huge . . its the Thought that counts & Plus the $ £ makes a Difference!
Re: Beyond Muscles & Brawn - Nigerian Nfl Players Give Back by sosisi(f): 4:01am On May 11, 2009
what is osi Umenyiora doing with that whitish girl when earthmama aka deepzone is here waiting for him
Re: Beyond Muscles & Brawn - Nigerian Nfl Players Give Back by StrStruck(f): 4:03am On May 11, 2009
$osisi:

what is osi Umenyiora doing with that whitish girl when St☆rStruck is here waiting for him

Please tell me where he's hiding.
Re: Beyond Muscles & Brawn - Nigerian Nfl Players Give Back by sosisi(f): 4:09am On May 11, 2009
lol
Re: Beyond Muscles & Brawn - Nigerian Nfl Players Give Back by SeanT21(f): 4:27am On May 11, 2009
$osisi:

what is osi Umenyiora doing with that whitish girl when earthmama aka deepzone is here waiting for him

thats nick cannon ex wife. There marriage was shorter than aki n paw paw

Re: Beyond Muscles & Brawn - Nigerian Nfl Players Give Back by SeanT21(f): 4:31am On May 11, 2009
They look freaking cute.

Re: Beyond Muscles & Brawn - Nigerian Nfl Players Give Back by StrStruck(f): 4:34am On May 11, 2009
Dang the dude on the top right is so NOSY! All up in that girl's phone.
Re: Beyond Muscles & Brawn - Nigerian Nfl Players Give Back by spikedcylinder: 9:47am On May 11, 2009
That Osi guy is like Incredible Hulk.

(1) (Reply)

Campaign For Change In Nigeria By 2face, BankyW, Eldee, Wizkid & Co. (Video) / Breaking News: ₦5000 & ₦2000 Naira Notes Is Out (video) / Duncan Mighty Celebrates His 34th Birthday Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.